General Suggestion: SCPs that breach to surface are not allowed to enter CI base unless captured.

recon

4 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

CI Base is currently all in RP with the exception of the spawn area. A potential fix could be mandating that if the outer door is closed no SCPs can enter the base. This would prevent random SCPs from just going to CI base to indiscriminately murder unless CI leaves their front door open.

Thoughts on that solution?

Would that mean MTF could enter their base to get a SCP that walked in? if its all in RP

Edited by Gamersquadman

5 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

CI Base is currently all in RP with the exception of the spawn area. A potential fix could be mandating that if the outer door is closed no SCPs can enter the base. This would prevent random SCPs from just going to CI base to indiscriminately murder unless CI leaves their front door open.

That seems fair. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

2 minutes ago, Gamersquadman said:

Would that mean MTF could enter their base to get a SCP that walked in? if its all in RP

That would be a raid, which is subject to the MTF raid rules.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

10 hours ago, Coltable said:

-Support In my opinion this is only being suggested due to one individual who's been playing as 682 recently, hes continuously gone to CI base after breaching and in the past this has not been a issue. Id like to also note that this user has gone to CI base and killed US time and time again, don't think he just walks in a teams hes sat in our RP rooms massacring us, so it isn't a pleasant experience for CI either but I in no way would like this suggestion to pass, it ruins another RP element of surface, there's no reason SCP''s shouldn't be able to come into CI base and kill us, they can legit leave any time. 

A better work around would be rewording the situation with raiding CI when they have a SCP. 

But they should be able to freely enter CI base... it makes no sense for 682 not to be able to walk into CI base and kill them all. 

In MY OPINION if MTF/The foundation fail to contain a scp inside THEIR facility then a scp on surface has ever right to go and fuck up CI base... your restricting content for not only CI but also the SCP in question... 

All very true. I think the SOP on MTF raids should be changed. I believe Neo made a suggestion about a change to them and I think that is a good thing. Maybe I was a little over my head with this suggestion.

I have no problem with allowing SCPs to enter CI base, its just annoying that MTF can't go in without it being considered a raid and they therefore have to first negotiate for a SCP that CI don't have custody of. If 682 is running around CI base killing people then it would be hard for both sides to negotiate.

Edited by recon

11 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

Sounds good!

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

+Support

That should've already been a thing and I believe It's called "Metagame", running straight to CI base without being led there or pointed in any way is nothing else but that, especially for some less intelligent scps. They just shouldn't know the location of it and randomly finding it isn't a valid IC reason.

I believe It's ICly not designed to be found by someone without any IC knowledge of it.

Edited by Yeppes

• Retired MTF Nu7 Commander (Lars) / HSU General (Majestic)
  • Retired MTF E11 CPT | SFTO | SCE | SMS | SNM (Lars) / D4 Vanguard (Hypnos)
  • Retired Medical Supervisor | HFW | SFTO | ACM | O5 Logistics | RRH Engineer (Lars/Otter)
  • Retired Maintenace OS | SCS | SFTO - (Lars/Otter)
  •  
  • Former Gensec MSGT (Lars)
  • Former CI SM | Hotshot | Longshot | Sawbones (Dan)