Randomly banned without explaination.

ุ

Steam Name:   '

SteamID:  STEAM_0:1:15109104

Ingame Name:  '   (I wasn't asked to change this, I was only on the server for about 15 mins)

Ban Length:  Permanent

Admin that Banned you:  Console

Reason for Ban:  "ALT ACCOUNT"

Dispute:

Hi, I was playing on the Gmod SCPRP server the other day, I was learning the basics because I've never played SCP until joining this server - I was walking around near the elevator, then randomly I was kicked for "ALT ACCOUNT", and when I tried to rejoin it said I was permanently banned?

I have only ever had 1 steam account since 2007 and nobody in this household plays garrysmod, this was the first time I had ever connected to any of your servers too. It was fun for the 15 - 20 minutes that I played and I was disappointed enough to go through the ban appeal process.

Not sure why I got banned for this, if it was because of my short name I can change it, but can anyone help me out?

Thank you!

wtf.png

p.s

The "bans" page says I was banned on 02/27/2021, at 20:27:24

Please look at the logs to confirm my claim.

Edited by ุ

Typically if you are kicked by Console, that means that SMT were the ones who had accessed the Console to handle your punishment.

Additionally, Alt Account bans are bans that are taken very seriously, and so if you were to be banned for having an alt account, there must've been a lot of substantial evidence that points against you.

If you can prove that you genuinely do not own any other accounts that may have been banned or whatnot, then I am going to have to remain a -support on this.

12 minutes ago, Saint 🙂 said:

Typically if you are kicked by Console, that means that SMT were the ones who had accessed the Console to handle your punishment.

Additionally, Alt Account bans are bans that are taken very seriously, and so if you were to be banned for having an alt account, there must've been a lot of substantial evidence that points against you.

If you can prove that you genuinely do not own any other accounts that may have been banned or whatnot, then I am going to have to remain a -support on this.

Where's this substantial evidence that points against me? This was the very first time I've ever played any gaminglight server. Nobody confronted me, no admin spoke to me, I had connected, played for about 15 minutes, and then was banned without any indication as to why. I barely even chatted ingame besides to say I was stuck in a locked room, which I didn't get helped with either.

Also, how is a person supposed to prove they don't own any other accounts? That makes zero sense.

My steam account is over 13 years old and it's the only one I've ever had.

Edited by ุ
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, ุ said:

Where's this substantial evidence that points against me? This was the very first time I've ever played any gaminglight server. Nobody confronted me, no admin spoke to me, I had connected, played for about 15 minutes, and then was banned without any indication as to why. I barely even chatted ingame besides to say I was stuck in a locked room, which I didn't get helped with either.

Also, how is a person supposed to prove they don't own any other accounts? That makes zero sense.

My steam account is over 13 years old and it's the only one I've ever had.

I am not the one who banned you, and I am unsure of who is the person that banned you. All I am saying is that they don't just randomly pull new players out of the blue and ban them for being an "alt account." Furthermore, I know from experience that whenever SMT bans a player, it is for a very good reason.

I cannot provide the evidence you are asking for, however I am sure that the person that banned you would most likely be able to come up with the evidence.

Neutral until more of the story comes to the light. 

Listen man, if you were banned by SMT it's for a good reason. They rarely mess up when it comes to bans, especially bans involving alt accounts. So it's mostly likely you got banned some time ago, forgot about it and then tried to join on a different account. As Saint stated above, SMT ban for a good reason and they do not ban people randomly. SMT themselves will have to talk about your matter since they are the only ones that know for sure.

• Like 1

Free From GL ❤️

1 minute ago, Saint 🙂 said:

I am not the one who banned you, and I am unsure of who is the person that banned you. All I am saying is that they don't just randomly pull new players out of the blue and ban them for being an "alt account." Furthermore, I know from experience that whenever SMT bans a player, it is for a very good reason.

I cannot provide the evidence you are asking for, however I am sure that the person that banned you would most likely be able to come up with the evidence.

I know you weren't the one to ban me.

I just don't understand the point of you joining the topic to "-support" my unban appeal when you have no idea who banned me, what evidence exists, and then claim I have to somehow prove I don't have an alternate account (which is impossible), and the "when SMT bans someone, it's for a reason, -support" is not helpful.

Looking forward to a senior staff member to see this so they can properly process my appeal, because I was unjustly banned.

Thanks for the information.

3 minutes ago, MaryAteHerLamb said:

Neutral until more of the story comes to the light. 

Listen man, if you were banned by SMT it's for a good reason. They rarely mess up when it comes to bans, especially bans involving alt accounts. So it's mostly likely you got banned some time ago, forgot about it and then tried to join on a different account. As Saint stated above, SMT ban for a good reason and they do not ban people randomly. SMT themselves will have to talk about your matter since they are the only ones that know for sure.

Thank you for remaining neutral and not jumping to conclusions without having all of the information.

I know for a fact that it's impossible I've been banned before and joined on a different account, because this is the only steam account I've ever owned.

Anyways, hoping to get back to playing soon! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, ุ said:

"when SMT bans someone, it's for a reason, -support" is not helpful.

facts, people should just wait out their responses before blindly saying -/+  on these types of bans. Believe it or not, SMT can make mistakes and are not perfect. SMT will give the scoop i'm sure. 

Hopefully SMT gets on this ASAP though.

• Like 2

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

Alt account bans have been finnicky before, so I'm sure SMT could go dig through things on their end and figure out why the ban happened.

• Like 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+/- support

From what you are claiming in your ban appeal, it sounds believable. However, SMT must be able to confirm that it is a mistake. I don't know how you can proof an alt account ban if it's accidental or what not, so I don't think any proof is necessary; again just need SMT to go through it.

• Thanks 1

osu! achiever? I don't know

I’m leaning towards a +support on this rather than neutral or -support because ALT accounts are something that can be easily messed up. You seem like a genuine person who just wants to play on the server. However it is up to SMT to decide. Another thing is if you weren’t talking in game there was virtually no reason to suggest it was an ALT

unless evidence is provided proving an ALT +support

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

3 minutes ago, Zeeptin said:

"ALT ACCOUNT" bans are based on your computer. No admin banned. The server banned you. The way we have it programmed it is impossible to false ban someone.

Ok -support now, 

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

9 minutes ago, Zeeptin said:

"ALT ACCOUNT" bans are based on your computer. No admin banned. The server banned you. The way we have it programmed it is impossible to false ban someone.

It is very possible because that's exactly what happened to me. There must have been some kind of bug/glitch with it.

If that's the case, look at the logs and please tell me who I'm an alt of, because this computer has only been owned by me and I've only ever used this steam account.