General Suggestion - Lag Solutions - Denied

Cloaker

What are you suggesting? - 

How would this change better the server? - Anyone that has played on the server knows that there is a large amount of lag and what I am suggesting is ways that I have thought of on fixing it, some of these suggestions may not pass but I am hopping at least a few go through to improve upon the server.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - No, for all the ways on reducing the lag I have made sure there is no disadvantages.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

• ISSUE: Our admin addon, as staff members may know we use ULX for commands and etc. ULX is a good addon but, it old, REALLY old and with that it is very laggy and unoptimized.
  • SOLUTION: SAM, it is modern, the UI looks way better and has the same layout as ULX, you can IMPORT SETTINGS from ULX (example, ranks, perms, who had what rank, and etc.) over to it so for all my SMT, plenty of commands, and best of all HEAVILY OPTIMIZED! Here is some more features as well :3. addon link: https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/6650image.png.bc3bc4ac04f3baa4769f876157859a6f.png

SAM MENU:

VNeALbD.png

ULX MENU:

r7cldkw.png

• ISSUE: people going AFK when they die not respawning leaving their ragdoll to lag the server.
  • SOLUTION: have a addon that deletes the ragdoll after they've not respawned after a certain time amount of time (example 3 minutes)

please note while this is up I will add on to this with more suggestions if I think of something else to be optimized.

I also recommend that if anyone reading this had noticed something that can be added to optimize to the server please share it below.

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

-Support

The primary cause of lag on the server is caused by intense CPU due to the fact that GMOD servers are only single core, meaning that the things that cause lag the most are Voice Chat, Crowds of people, Shooting, Props

•While a new admin system may be slightly better the trouble of reconfiguring it and teaching all staff it isn’t worth it

•AFK’s and rag dolls are such a small part of lag that the addition of the remover could add more lag then necessary.

[Just Apple I Suppose]

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, The Apple said:

-Support

The primary cause of lag on the server is caused by intense CPU due to the fact that GMOD servers are only single core, meaning that the things that cause lag the most are Voice Chat, Crowds of people, Shooting, Props

•While a new admin system may be slightly better the trouble of reconfiguring it and teaching all staff it isn’t worth it

•AFK’s and rag dolls are such a small part of lag that the addition of the remover could add more lag then necessary.

SAM adds a completely new hooking library if you're geeky like me here is a benchmark showing how amazing this is (hook lib github repo link)

ntupH3T.png

for the reconfiguration like a said, the SAM allows for a full import of the config from ULX, and for needing to teach staff like I said, the layout is the exact same and so are the commands, in fact the developer noted multiple times that the addon he made is suppose to be a better version of ULX, also for future comment if you look in the features I think I forgot to mention that the addon has CAMI support which simply put means that its basically compatible with almost every addon!

SMT should at least try the addon out on the developer server is what I am trying to say, if you take the stats from both you will see how much this can actually help as hooks cause a large amount of lag when you have a lot of addons.

Edited by Cloaker

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

-Support

i've seen someone bring up something similar to Zeeptin before and it didnt go so well, so....

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

-support

Lag is inevitable since GMOD is a very old game that runs on an ancient engine. From what I have noticed, the admin ULX is not the one causing the lag but is actually affected by lag from the time that I was staff.

osu! achiever? I don't know

1 hour ago, Bread said:

Its really up to Igneous and Zeeptin if its a good idea to switch. Doesn't look too bad, I'd personally give it a chance myself.

Bread is big brain code man so I’m gonna go with him on this one, giving it a shot couldn’t hurt that bad, right?

Gensec LTCOL | Deputy Head Warden S.T.A.R.S. Michael Jones Enthusiast

do you are have stupid?                                   goodjob.PNG.9c25ffc1a65cd99790254177add16546.PNG

adding on the things that we can add the server to help with lag,

our current warn system is outdated, the developer made a new version of it. We use AWarn2 while currently there is a AWarn3 that has a better UI, bug fixes, and best of all it's more optimized!

P.S to SMT the data from AWarn2 can be imported to AWarn3 😄

here is a link to it: https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/awarn3-warning-system

AWarn3 Menu:

image.thumb.png.315a164a5749bb2b535e7597f58ca001.png

Edited by Cloaker

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

• Owner
On 2/22/2021 at 7:58 AM, Cloaker said:

SAM adds a completely new hooking library if you're geeky like me here is a benchmark showing how amazing this is (hook lib github repo link)

ntupH3T.png

for the reconfiguration like a said, the SAM allows for a full import of the config from ULX, and for needing to teach staff like I said, the layout is the exact same and so are the commands, in fact the developer noted multiple times that the addon he made is suppose to be a better version of ULX, also for future comment if you look in the features I think I forgot to mention that the addon has CAMI support which simply put means that its basically compatible with almost every addon!

SMT should at least try the addon out on the developer server is what I am trying to say, if you take the stats from both you will see how much this can actually help as hooks cause a large amount of lag when you have a lot of addons.

These benchmarks are not relevant to us because we use a fully reworked ULX. I would never use ULX straight out of the box on a server with more than 64 players.

• Like 1