Map Idea: Improved doors [Denied]

0din

Is this a good idea?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

What would you like to see:

An improved door system for the new map, where instead of them automatically opening upon getting close to them which can cause issues. They'll just use a button system where you have to press on a button or the door to open them.

How would it help the server and/or the player base:
I think it will help especially when there's a great deal of people that need to pass by and the door can stay open instead of shutting in peoples faces and getting stuck.

Do you think this suggestion will help the server as a whole: 

Yes.

Edited by Viking

Resigned Grand Moff Tarkin | Retired Army General | Former Senior Commander of Death Troopers |

ezgif-1-a19ba8d457.gif.fd1399337b84ca8bd2d8bc2d6e7307c1.gif

+Support 
Having buttons leaving doors opened and closed would actually be epic. 

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

38 minutes ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

+Support 
Having buttons leaving doors opened and closed would actually be epic. 

yes please the automatic doors are horrible especially to people with higher ping 

R. MC EMS LTCOL

Ex. Medical Vice-Commander
"Cringe."

-Support 
Personally I don't want to have to press a button every time I go into/leave a room, seems a bit inconvenient 

𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡 | 𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙞𝙣 
talkingtobeckett.gif.90f1583a720f8ef9e8da8f858f177f55.gif

+ Support

- I'd admit that it'd be inconvenient sometimes to press a button to open every door, so what I propose is that for battalion bunks or doors that a lot of people are going to use, make them automatically open like we have now, but lesser-used doors to like vents or individual offices could be given buttons instead.

General

Former Grand General Former Medical Commander (and avid tea drinker)
"Badger. You have forsaken me to no Sleep you Medically Certified Bastard."

15 hours ago, TailoredBadger said:

+ Support

- I'd admit that it'd be inconvenient sometimes to press a button to open every door, so what I propose is that for battalion bunks or doors that a lot of people are going to use, make them automatically open like we have now, but lesser-used doors to like vents or individual offices could be given buttons instead.

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

-Support

- Inconvenient 

- I don't think it's necesary for every door, maybe some. But definitely not all.

Retired General | Resigned Assistant Head-Gamemaster & ImperialRP Super Admin 

GM of the month February 2021 / Staff of the month March 2021

1 hour ago, Sphersta said:

-Support

- Inconvenient 

- I don't think it's necesary for every door, maybe some. But definitely not all.

Maybe instead a middle ground? Door open and close automatically but also a button that can force open/close given door? if that would be possible ofc.

R. MC EMS LTCOL

Ex. Medical Vice-Commander
"Cringe."

• Manager

DENIED

Unfortunately, we do not feel that this suggestion is suitable for implementation. Please wait at least 2 Weeks before suggesting this again.

However, we do appreciate your attitude towards trying to help us improve, please feel free to show us some more ideas!

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*