GamingLight Community Newspaper/Newsletter [Denied]

Gaius Julius Ceasar

What do you want to see? 
I am suggesting to GamingLight and it's players that we look at introducing a Community Newsletter or a Newspaper which would be made on Google Documents and assembled by an editor/writer and a team where necessary. It could be called 'Community Light' or 'GamingLight News'. (I would personally love to do this.) This newsletter would cover events, interviews, and upcoming news across GamingLight servers. (It would focus mainly on those topics, but it won't include anything related to administration, such as bugs and such.) Players could also contribute by having it's own section on the forums where they can give stories and view the latest edition.

Why should we add it?
I personally believe that it would make the community unique amongst the many that compete in the various game modes of Gary's Mod. I have not personally seen any community create a newsletter every week to showcase the work of players and how exciting it is to play on their servers. It will give not only an opportunity for existing players to see what's happening across the network, but it will serve as a great way to communicate to people who are still deciding whether to join or not. I am highly experienced in making documents and I am well known within the Imperial RP for my work. I have linked some work in this suggestion. 

What are the advantages of having this?
I believe that the advantages of having a newsletter/newspaper within the community will open the eyes of new/old players to the exciting opportunities that GamingLight offers across the board. It shall make the entire community stand out as it'll be the first to introduce this, it'll show that we are unique and innovative in the way we communicate to players. 

Who is it mainly for?
The players of GamingLight, covering only one server or more, depending how successful it is.

Links to any content 

1a9539f840bad92b0bc76cfb4d7c5da2.jpg

Edited by Gaius Julius Ceasar

20 minutes ago, Hotshot said:

How long did it take to create these documents

Hello Manager Hotshot, 

It takes on average a few hours, depending on how complex the art style is. I've currently remade all of the Death Trooper documents too. Hope that helps 🙂 

Edited by Gaius Julius Ceasar

+Support
If this was added under the 'Serious Roleplay Forum' I don't think anybody would mind. It'd be cool to show off documents and get community feedback. I see no reason not to add it at this time 

• Like 1

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

6 minutes ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

+Support
If this was added under the 'Serious Roleplay Forum' I don't think anybody would mind. It'd be cool to show off documents and get community feedback. I see no reason not to add it at this time 

The newsletter that I mentioned in my idea would likely go there, these documents are just examples of my work in the server and others. Thank you for the support! 🙂

2 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

+Support

He's made some pretty decent documents. However I agree with TAlila, This belongs under Serious-Roleplay Forum if approved.

• Like 1

𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒞𝒫-𝑅𝒫 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇
𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁-𝑅𝒫 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 / 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎 - 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝒸 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 / 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 - 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎
𝐸𝓍-𝒵𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓃 / 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁

3 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

+Support

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

9 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

+Support

Retired 1st Starfighter Senior Marshall Ptob |

• 2 weeks later...

+Support 

Super cool idea. Can be beneficial for new players/Retired or Reserve players to stay informed on what been going on in the server since they left.

Last-Senior Commander Iden Versio (First IF SharpShooter Overseer, Last Commander ID10,Team Chestbox Gang)

Founder of the Gaminglight Christian Alliance Ex-Super Admin SawickM/Forum Diplomat/Supportspacer.png

+Support
This is Really cool NGL
I would love to see this
 Can be beneficial for new players/Retired or Reserve players to stay informed on what been going on in the server since they left.

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

DENIED

Unfortunately, we do not feel that this suggestion is suitable for implementation. Please wait at least 2 Weeks before suggesting this again.

However, we do appreciate your attitude towards trying to help us improve, please feel free to show us some more ideas!

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*

hotshot manager.png