Political Discussions - Denied

[GL] Icy

What you want to see? - Engaging in civil, respectful, under control political discussions to be allowed on this server.

Why should we add it? - Well, I believe there is a ongoing problem with the youth in this country. I dont know if this problem applies specifically to the people in this Garry's Mod server, nor am I implying that it does; but there is a issue. That issue is the fact that some people feel they or their identity is being attacked when someone has a differing opinion politically.  Or you can call this being a snowflake. 

You should add this to the server because there is so much to benefit from engaging in civil discourse about topics such as politics because it only widens our perspectives and views. It is very beneficial that people of differing opinions can civilly discuss why they have their preferences and their opinions. This, if it gets out of hand, will be shut down.

What are the advantages of having this? - The ability to have intellectual conversations on the server about  controversial topics RESPECTFULLY without being berated by staff and other players. 

The main argument to this might be the fact that it would cause issues in OOC, if the discussion gets out of hand where it turns hostile or disrespectful then please with all do SHUT IT DOWN! but please let controlled, respectful conversations persist.

Who is it mainly for? - People who wish to understand the opinions of others and broaden their political perspective overall.

Links to any content - N/A

- Support

Personally I see no point in this. It is just another thing that can cause a lot of issue, and can get out of hand fast. This is a gmod server, people come here to have fun and possibly escape from real life things. If you want to have a political chat with someone, it should be done elsewhere or in PM's.

~Beelzebub | Gaminglight Member Since 2016
"If you want real happiness, you've got to find it for yourself! Not wait for someone to give it to you!"- Asuka Langley Soyru

3 minutes ago, Niko Bellic said:

- Support

Personally I see no point in this. It is just another thing that can cause a lot of issue, and can get out of hand fast. This is a gmod server, people come here to have fun and possibly escape from real life things. If you want to have a political chat with someone, it should be done elsewhere or in PM's.

Is it difficult just to ignore what is going on in OOC?

11 minutes ago, [GL] Icy said:
14 minutes ago, Niko Bellic said:

- Support

Is it difficult just to ignore what is going on in OOC?

I don't think that I should have to ignore OOC. For someone who only plays on Gov. , and both of those being neutral classes that require chat to be looked at, I can't simply ignore it when I have to read it constantly. I'll also not be saying anything else further. 

Edited by Niko Bellic

~Beelzebub | Gaminglight Member Since 2016
"If you want real happiness, you've got to find it for yourself! Not wait for someone to give it to you!"- Asuka Langley Soyru

43 minutes ago, Niko Bellic said:

- Support

Also alot of people come to gmod to get away from politics/LEOs away from irl issues theu face

That bald Aussie Guy

1 hour ago, Niko Bellic said:

- Support

minisigforums.webp

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor