General Suggestion - Addition of new Comms - Accepted

Jameshi34

Last thing I will be posting here to not fuel this any further

5 hours ago, pixalgamer99 said:

But what is there that MTF does not need too know, all I can think of is a get too D block or announcing a PT or tryout anything else and MTF should at least be notified in case it gets out of hand 

By that same logic, why do MTF need their own comms? Why not just use /security? What does MTF do that Security doesn't need to know?

Because MTF have their own operations that they do that Security and everyone else don't NEED to know about. Yes, sometimes it would be nice to know about it, but it isn't absolutely required. Like how Gensec doesn't NEED to know about the status of a MTF patrol, the patrol will say something if there are CI or a breached SCP. For Gensec, there are, like you said, PT's and tryouts, but also, patrols, Warden operations, reminders, and just general talk. And I have never seen a time where MTF hasn't been called to help Gensec recapture D-Block (aside from times no MTF were on).

6 hours ago, pixalgamer99 said:

if you lose D block your gonna use /f or /security most likely /f

That kinda was one of my points... its good to notify everyone of D-Class escaping.

6 hours ago, pixalgamer99 said:

what I meant when I said the last part is they said they were not gonna talk too MTF about a D class CC that got past D block 

Why would Gensec not tell MTF about a D-Class escaping? It's Gensec's main priority and one of MTF's jobs to stop that. If one or more escapes, it's common sense for Gensec to tell MTF (and everyone else) about it.

Maintaining my +Support

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

12 minutes ago, Right Twix Bar said:

Last thing I will be posting here to not fuel this any further

By that same logic, why do MTF need their own comms? Why not just use /security? What does MTF do that Security doesn't need to know?

Because MTF have their own operations that they do that Security and everyone else don't NEED to know about. Yes, sometimes it would be nice to know about it, but it isn't absolutely required. Like how Gensec doesn't NEED to know about the status of a MTF patrol, the patrol will say something if there are CI or a breached SCP. For Gensec, there are, like you said, PT's and tryouts, but also, patrols, Warden operations, reminders, and just general talk. And I have never seen a time where MTF hasn't been called to help Gensec recapture D-Block (aside from times no MTF were on).

That kinda was one of my points... its good to notify everyone of D-Class escaping.

Why would Gensec not tell MTF about a D-Class escaping? It's Gensec's main priority and one of MTF's jobs to stop that. If one or more escapes, it's common sense for Gensec to tell MTF (and everyone else) about it.

Maintaining my +Support

For the last part the guy I was talking to about it said they were not gonna inform MTF about a CC escaping 

for the part about telling everyone about it, then why would you need too have your own personal comms

for the part about MTF having stuff that doesn’t involve Gensec, exactly but anything Gensec does MTF could help by being informed at the least

even if there was a PT Gensec would contact MTF either way there is only one thing Gensec could say that doesn’t benifit MTF too know about it

On 11/16/2020 at 7:30 PM, Sixx said:

+Support

. Clearer Communication between all of Security and Wardens

. Helps clear members of MTF chat box

. New General Communication channel for all the combatant branches can benefit everyone

~HOS Sixx

This could make the chat less cluttered for MTF as well

not really losing anything from implementing this change

+support

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

There's really nothing to gain from this change. Honestly, it would just add confusion for communication between Security and MTF. As MTF, we have our own comms because the operations we conduct are often sensitive (GOI Raids, SCP Coordination, Interrogation, AOS/KOS orders, etc) compared to Security.  /security comms are there for security to discuss operations usually relating to LCZ or D-Block without cluttering the entire Foundations comms, and even then it's not really used that much to be considered a cluttering problem for MTF. I have yet to witness an MTF or Security complain that comms clutter up their chat. Overall this feels like a useless change which wouldn't bring anything, and just seems like Security wants to compare to MTF by getting special comms which they do not need. (No offense).

-Support