• Yes
    • Undecided
    • No

Section 1 

In-game name: Augustus 

Steam Name: [GL]BigBarbecueTime 

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:121976942 

Section 2 

Why do you want to become the role of Darth Vader? 

The number one reason that I would like to become Darth Vader, is to improve to improve the Gaminglight community. (See the “Please outline some ideas that you could bring to improve the server as Darth Vader” for how I would do this) 

What experience do you have that would be relevant to the role of Darth Vader? 

During my time in the Gaminglight community I have had many experiences with leading people. On Gaminglight I have been a Commander of Purge, as well as The Eighth Brother. During my years on Gmod I have been in multiple high-ranking positions involving the coordination of many people. To list some of the more applicable positions (Note: I will only list servers that are now dead as to not advertise them); I was an SMT member of a Mafia RP server called Men of Respect Gaming, I was manager of a smaller SWRP server, and I use to run my own DarkRP server. I have also been SMT on many Minecraft servers years ago. 

Why do you think I should pick you over other applicants? 

One of the reasons I believe that you should pick me over other applicants is that during my time as command I worked well with the other command. I regularly coordinated with other command members and set up many joint trainings between the Inquisitorius/Purge and other battalions. The relationship of one battalion to another is particularly important. Without a good working relationship, resentment between the battalions will form. This unwillingness to work with each other will eventually affect both battalions' performance and morale, effectively killing both battalions. This is one thing that I recognize and would constantly factor into my actions as Darth Vader. Another reason to choose me over another applicant is because of my direct experience of Inqusitorius. This includes things like, lightsaber combat, best troop placement, and what makes a lightsaber fight engaging to watch. I have gained an extensive understanding of the expectations and feelings of troopers of how Darth Vader should act. Finally, I also understand the distinction between in-character and out of character actions. Far too often someone will do something in-character, and then be judged out of character for that. Darth Vader should be stern and assertive in-character, but approachable and helpful out of character. This will allow for proper representation of Vader as a character, while allowing for Command and High Command to easily work with him. 

Please outline some ideas that you could bring to improve the server as Darth Vader: 

As Vader one of the things I would implement is regularly working with 501st on missions. The 501st is Vader’s Fist and during events I would work with the 501st. This would include things like coordination with GM’s for 501st specific tasks during events and making a point to be at the frontlines, leading the charge. Another thing I would add is scheduled Inqusitorius/Purge tournaments. For example, each month the Deathstar would be setup for a massive tournament where Vader/IQ Command will have a lore session, and PVP tournament with prizes. As Vader to improve the RP I would work with GM’s to create scripted events with an engaging story, that Vader would be a part of. Finally, as Vader I would work closely with the High Command and regularly keep them up to date on what changes are taking place on the server. I would also closely follow the opinion of the troops to ensure that the intended effect of changes made to the server is what is happening. 

Section 3 

In your personal experience with being a player, what issues have you come across? 

One of the issues that I have noticed as a player is that most promotions come after events. There is nothing wrong with someone being promoted for their actions during an event, but there are many people who just go onto a job just to be promoted from the event and leave. The actions taken during the time between events is more important to the battalion overall. Whether a player is minging in the down time, or actively helping their battalion and roleplaying is especially important and should be factored into a promotion. Another issue I saw from my time in command is that sometimes a rift will form between battalions and instead of sorting their disagreement out, they will talk behind each other's backs and hold resentment against the other battalion. Finally, the last issue I have seen is the lack of respect for lower ranks/inexperienced players. This mainly applies to the ST’s, many times I have seen people immediately yell at an ST/new player for something they either did not know or did incorrectly. 

In response to the question above, how would you handle and fix these issues? 

To fix the issue of unearned promotions, I would encourage and enforce that promotions are only given out after events for exceptional performance. This incentivizes troops to do their best during events, so that they can earn that promotion. This would also allow for the troops that actively support their battalion to receive promotions for their effort in the time between events. To fix the issue of resentment between battalions, I would have similar battalions regularly schedule joint training and work with each other in events. This would allow for the members of the battalions to get to know each other, making it less likely for them to hate each other. Finally, I would have command strike any trooper that disrespects any other, regardless of battalion. This would effectively end disrespect of ST’s and create an open community that encourages them to stay. 

Anything else you would like to add? 

I hope that regardless of who is chosen that my concerns are answered and I would like to thank you for reading my application and considering its value. If you have any constructive criticism of my application, please leave it below. 

Edited by BigBarbecueTime

IMPRP Former Purge Commander and Eighth Brother

-PurgeRP- -IQRP-

• Manager

-Support

I like you Augustus but...

You left many times and came back and left

Not that much Effort on Question 1

Just recently came back to the server

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

25 minutes ago, Nimo said:

-Support

I left once for one month and came back, and now I'm back after 3 months 
Question 1 is small because that is literally my entire reason.
Just wanted to clarify some details, no hard feelings Nimo

Edited by BigBarbecueTime

IMPRP Former Purge Commander and Eighth Brother

-PurgeRP- -IQRP-

+/--Support

Personal Experience

+/- I do not think we have formally met

Application Section 2

+/- You have some good qualifications, but you fail to mention any ways how you believe they tie into Vader.  You redeem it though with the next question on your clear image for Vader

- Your explanation on how you would improve is dense, but it has a lot of content. Sadly though I wish you expanded a bit more to make up for your fragment at the beginning.

Application Section 3

+ You identify a unique issue as well as other general ones

- Your solutions to these issues falls flat as a personal approach to each one will either leave you burnt out, or you will be unable to reach everyone.  I feel like you are heading in the right direction though

Summary

I do not think you would be a bad Vader, but am struggling to see your image on how you would make him yours. I believe expanding out the first question as well as thinking more high level on your solutions could help fill out this app and have you ready to put your best foot forward if you are chosen as Vader.

Best of luck on your run for Vader

20 hours ago, Nimo said:

-Support

𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡 | 𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙞𝙣 
talkingtobeckett.gif.90f1583a720f8ef9e8da8f858f177f55.gif

9 minutes ago, Friend Maple said:

+/--Support

Personal Experience

+/- I do not think we have formally met

Application Section 2

+/- You have some good qualifications, but you fail to mention any ways how you believe they tie into Vader.  You redeem it though with the next question on your clear image for Vader

- Your explanation on how you would improve is dense, but it has a lot of content. Sadly though I wish you expanded a bit more to make up for your fragment at the beginning.

Application Section 3

+ You identify a unique issue as well as other general ones

- Your solutions to these issues falls flat as a personal approach to each one will either leave you burnt out, or you will be unable to reach everyone.  I feel like you are heading in the right direction though

Summary

I do not think you would be a bad Vader, but am struggling to see your image on how you would make him yours. I believe expanding out the first question as well as thinking more high level on your solutions could help fill out this app and have you ready to put your best foot forward if you are chosen as Vader.

Best of luck on your run for Vader

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 11:17 PM, Nimo said:

-Support

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR