Southpaw's ET Application

Southpaw

In-Game Name: Southpaw

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:183974422

What is your ULX Rank?: Moderator/Bronze

What is your RP Rank?: 1LT In Omicron-9/CPL in E11/OFC in GENSEC

What is your timezone?: CST

How would you rate your knowledge of the SCP world? (1-10): 9/10

Do you have any experience as a Gamemaster or Event Planner? (If so, explain it):  No, but I hope to learn along the way.

How Active are you? (1/10): 8/10

How many warns do you have? (Across all Gaminglight Servers): 1 as SCP-066 for bodyblocking. I am proud that I have no others.

Why should we allow you to be an Event Team Member (150+ Words)?: I think that I could make some of the best and most complex events that everyone can have fun in. GOI Events would be one of my specialties as I know what most people's weaknesses are in that kind of event. It would make it difficult but fun. Making others have fun has made me keep going to do more for them. I would be with my community more and make it a more enjoyable place for newcomers with events. I am a respectful and following command member and can be trusted with the power that ET has. Making events that are more "In-depth" for the more serious players would make it more enjoyable for them and possibly others. I don't want people to just enjoy the server, but the events we have to offer as well. I am active and have the drive to keep going when in doubt. I have experience with the server and almost every branch. I want to make sure my events have everyone involved and have it fair for MTF, but too unfair for the event. I want to make sure everyone has a fun time on the server and wants to come back every day.

Describe an event you could create (The more specific the better): 

Let's say the site is fucked and there are more than 9 MTF on but they cant recontain anything, D-Block is screwed, CI is raiding, etc. I would make a GOI raid that helps the Foundation. A joint GOC/Foundation operation. I would make the adverts and when I have 6 or more people I would explain the event to them. Armor and HP would be 150/100 and they would be armed with an AR and pistol. Cuffs, smoke grenades, etc won't be used. Each person would have a keycard cracker to get by doors when containing an SCP or getting by a checkpoint. Frag Grenades would be used sparingly. Once I get a good model figured out and model them, I would give the weapons and make them name themself "GOC Operative [Name]". Then I would name myself GOC Commander [Name] and give myself 200 Hp and 125 armor. Then make an advert that the GOC has entered the facility to help MTF with the breaches and are not to be taken as hostile.  Once I have brought everyone, we get inside and it could go three ways. 

One, MTF guns them all down without thinking. 

Two, They get massacred by the SCP's, D-Class, CI. For this option, I might send a second wave of GOC depending on how it goes.

Three, They help MTF recontain the SCP's, Secure D-Block, and terminate CI. With this option, the GOC would exit the facility and the event would be over.

In options 2 and 3, MTF would keep a close eye on us to make sure we are not attacking them. I could use it so the GOC acts friendly but attacks MTF when they least expect it.

It gives Foundation Personnel more RP and gives them something to stop and worry about, plus gives CI, SCP's, and D-Class a new threat during the event.

Have you read the Event Team Guidelines?: Yes

What is your favorite SCP? Why? SCP-577 is my favorite. SCP-577 is an animated, levitating mass of ammunition of various calibers, that persistently spins in a spherical formation. It takes the form of recognizeable shapes of domestic animals. It is aggresive towards personnel that have a background in law enforcement. In the log, a D-Class is in the containment chamber for inspection and is notebaly crying and slumps against the wall. SCP-577 sits next to him and rests its head on his leg. Later when asked to leave the containment chamber, he does not comply. SCP-577 guides its self onto his hand and when he pulled his hand out, there was blood on it. It was noted that he was crying. Later on when asked he explained a entire story about his cat and his brother. It is a sad and wholesome story and I really just enjoy it. It's one of those things that makes you think that not everything is bad, evil, rude, etc. I am going to be honest here off topic, this is the first SCP that made me cry to myself.

Side Note: I cant get a screenshot of my warns, computer Im using thinks its funny to not work.

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

1 hour ago, MaryAteHerLamb said:

+Support
-Interesting idea
-Command in a few branches
-Would be great for ET

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+/- support, leaning a little more towards + support

+You're a good guy south and mean well

+ very mature

+  your reasoning is sound, but a little stale and basic (to an extent)

-  I love detail when describing an event, the more the better, but if im gonna be blunt, GOI raids are pretty stale and arent really the most exciting kind of events to do

they are basically just CI raids with a couple of guys with stronger than average weapons and stats. that being said, that doesnt mean they cant be good.

- you say you have "complex" event ideas, but you dont really talk about them. Kinda hoped to see more event ideas than just the one

- doesnt count on my feelings, but bonus brownie points for your SCP decision, very unique choice

I wish you the best of luck on your application

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

44 minutes ago, OWNED said:

+/- support, leaning a little more towards + support

+You're a good guy south and mean well

+ very mature

+  your reasoning is sound, but a little stale and basic (to an extent)

-  I love detail when describing an event, the more the better, but if im gonna be blunt, GOI raids are pretty stale and arent really the most exciting kind of events to do

they are basically just CI raids with a couple of guys with stronger than average weapons and stats. that being said, that doesnt mean they cant be good.

- you say you have "complex" event ideas, but you dont really talk about them. Kinda hoped to see more event ideas than just the one

- doesnt count on my feelings, but bonus brownie points for your SCP decision, very unique choice

I wish you the best of luck on your application

Couldn't have said it better, I want him in ET.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

+Support

+ Good app

+ Command in some branches

+ Good fit for ET

E11 1LT || Event Team Member || Former A1 branch member || E11 Director of FTO || D-0007 || OH10 || MTF E11 Inferno MK85 ||

"The branch went from India to Alabama" - Zeus
 "It went from fucking a cow to fucking a cousin" - Mateo

Accepted

Please come speak to me in Ts3.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector