SCP-098 self breaching - Denied

Krezzer

What you want to see?:
The self-breaching removed from SCP-098

Why should we add it?: 
SCP-098 is designated as a safe class SCP, which to my understanding indicates that it can be easily contained and is unable to escape said containment on its own. No other safe class SCP is able to self-breach except this one. The reason for SCP-098 self-breaching also makes very little sense in its own right. 
"SCP-098 - SCP-098 must be given a Class D to perform surgery on every 15minutes. If no Class D is provided, SCP-098 will break down its door."
SCP-098 needs D class for surgery? I mean, you could argue that its sharp mandables/arms/whatever are like scalpels, but no where is it stated that SCP-098 performs "surgery" on its prey.

What are the advantages of having this?:
Would make more sense lore wise

Who is it mainly for?:
Research Branch I would guess?

Links to any content:  http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-098

Edited by Krezzer

That's cause 098 isn't a Safe-Class ingame, 098-(1-5) of bipedal crabs who have cleavers who attack people. Why 098's are like this beats me as its not lore friendly but who really cares, its fun to play as. 

-/+Support  + on a better self-breach advert reason but - on taking its self-breach away

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

23 hours ago, starr said:

+/- support

may not be too lore friendly but I'm kinda ok with it because it gives an actual SCP for people to get on or Research to test on

but I do like following lore...

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

-SUPPORT

while I believed lore should be followed, it should only happen to a point because the addition of this role would kill 098 because it would never get played due to the only action it getting in research giving them tests (and what research every thinks to go with 098)

Current: [REDACTED]

Former: E11 COL | Deputy Head of FTOs | CI SRIC/LCPL

"We die in the dark so that others can live in the light."

-Support, im all for lore but from a gameplay perspective this would be a bad move.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

-support

• not everything on the server is 100% lore friendly due to needing certain things to work as a gameplay experience
  • The crabs need a self breach mechanic otherwise there will be very low incentive for people to play on them

I agree that we could figure out something other than the crabs needing a "surgery patient" though. Maybe they just advert getting  hungry like 682/939 instead?

Edited by CanOBeanz

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png