I've seen the issue rise again. Once again I would like to remind everyone of department hopping.

What is department hopping? : If you leave a department within a short amount of time and then joining a different department. If you are a true department hopper you leave that one to within a small period ofcourse. Lately it has come to my attention againΒ  it has become a habit for a good amount of people.

And with this post I would like to remind everyone that this looks very bad on you and that 0 departments tolerate this. Sadly there isnt always the best communication between them to prevent people from doing this at n constant rate.

Β 

I have made a checklist for all of you Lovely people wanting to join a department.

1. β˜‘ Do I want to join this department?
  2. β˜‘ Am I willing to spend time in this department?
  3. β˜‘ Am I intersted in this department?
  4. β˜‘ Did I look at the other departments and compare them?
  5. β˜‘ Am I planning to leave this department if I see a different department seems nicer?
  6. β˜‘ Redo step 1 to 5
  7. β˜‘ Am IΒ joining the department?

Β 

Let this be very clear

Edited by Freeze

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander &Β J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

Β 

Seriously. This is annoying. We take the time to train you properly, get you everything you need to succeed, then you leap to a new department as soon as you can.Β  It's fairly disrespectful, IMHO.Β  And honestly, if you do this in SWAT, I have no problems putting you on the 'Do Not Accept' list. There's lots of room.

Nice man :)!Β Β 

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

β€œGenius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

β€œThere are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

β€œYou are neverΒ dedicatedΒ to something you have complete confidence in."

If you're split between wanting to join one department or another, ask someone in each department about specific details you are interested in such as what weapons, cars, and armor the department gets, or what opportunities they provide. I can guarantee that they will be more than happy to spend a few minutes answering a few questions. Don't waste the time people voluntarily take from their busy lives to train and welcome you into the department just so you so you can "see which one feels the best." Figure out which one is better suited for you before you apply. If you realize that the department you're in is extremely boring and you can't bear to stay in it, then do some serious research before choosing a new one. You ideally should have an overwhelming desire to join, and a burning passion to be involved in the department before you apply. This type of behavior is unacceptable not only takes advantage of the hard workers that keep the departments running, but displays extremely immature behavior, and is extremely looked down upon by others.

Β 

Another similar issue I've noticed are those who join a department with no other motives except getting a high rank. If you are willing to leave simply because you can't get a command position within the first couple weeks, don't bother applying. That kind of behavior will get you nowhere except blacklisted across all departments. Even worse, I've seen people time and time competing for a promotion, often going as far as trying to get others to leave or get wrongfully kicked out. If you truly have what it takes, you will get a high rank. For most, it takes months of selfless hard work. Don't be this type of person. Nobody will respect you for it, and certainly nobody will promote you for it.

Edited by Ryan The Epic Guy

9 hours ago, Ryan The Epic Guy said:

Β 

Β 

Another similar issue I've noticed are those who join a department with no other motives except getting a high rank. If you are willing to leave simply because you can't get a command position within the first couple weeks, don't bother applying. That kind of behavior will get you nowhere except blacklisted across all departments. Even worse, I've seen people time and time competing for a promotion, often going as far as trying to get others to leave or get wrongfully kicked out. If you truly have what it takes, you will get a high rank. For most, it takes months of selfless hard work. Don't be this type of person. Nobody will respect you for it, and certainly nobody will promote you for it.

^ this entirely. Counting both my times in SWAT...It's been just shy of two years to get to where I am now.Β  You aren't getting ranks immediately, not til we see how you perform.