Citizen MOTD rules

dubsmaster

What do you want to see? - For most of my time on the server I have done crime as the citizen job every now and then. I buy lockpicks and keypad crackers from black market dealers and I'm set. However I have recently been told that this is not allowed to as this job. A rules should be added to the MOTD saying whether citizen is allowed to do everything a thief can do for example. I suggest that citizen should be able to raid, mug, and take hostages. In roleplay, a citizen is a citizen. That doesn't mean they are nothing but good. In real life citizens every day rob, murder, and steal. So for more roleplay they should be able to in game.

Why should we add it? - It just makes sense, citizens aren't only good. In roleplay situations you would never suspect a citizen to have mugged that man. For roleplay its always the person you don't suspect. This would allow players who hate getting cops to keep an eye out on them just cause they have the thief player model. I know its metagame to go off the playermodel but subconsciously cops see and keep an eye out. Being able to do what a thief can as citizen would eliminate that. Now you might say wouldn't this make thief not be played as much? That I answer no, because a thief spawns with a lockpick. For that simple thing makes players go thief to avoid extra steps. But having the option to spend in-game money to buy a lockpick as citizen would let players the players who don't want an exposing playing model go on about there day without being subconsciously metagamed.

What are the advantages of having this? - To decrease metagame for people who do crime.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - N/A

1 minute ago, Rhenic said:

-support

It should be pretty obvious since there’s a tab for criminals. If I had you in a sit because of it, I’d just give you a verbal warning. Citizens shouldn’t be able to commit crime because it would make the jobs made for crime useless. 

Like I said most people wouldn't do crime as citizen because it takes extra time to get lockpicks and keypad crackers. So to avoid this most people would still go thief. I don't think criminal jobs would be useless and the pick rate would probably stay the same.

On 7/16/2018 at 12:36 AM, Rhenic said:

-support

It should be pretty obvious since there’s a tab for criminals. If I had you in a sit because of it, I’d just give you a verbal warning. Citizens shouldn’t be able to commit crime because it would make the jobs made for crime useless. 

On 7/16/2018 at 12:24 AM, JackTheGuy said:

Yes it is a good point, but I think you should have a job under the Criminal section if you want to commit crime. Most citizens dont go around buying lockpicks and key crackers, but criminals do.

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2018 at 6:36 PM, Rhenic said:

-support

• Fame locked, unlocked and locked this topic