Gaminglight wide suggestion

Mervin

Should I become LT?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should I become LT?

• Yes
    • No

Ok so hear me out before you vote this is a Gaming light wide server suggestion

What you want to see? - When the servers get big updates like the recent one with server guard or adding a meth system things like that the server should be locked for SMT+ or even SA+ so it can be tested and run without new players/Old players joining it doesn't have to be long 2-3 hours depending on what is being fixed/put in the server

Why should we add it? - The main reason for this is because when I used to help run a server we kept having major issues when we would put in a update and people would be able to join etc then there would be many issues and problems and things that needed to be sorted and it didnt help with a server of 50 people complaining about this and that with gaminglight there is even more members

What are the advantages of having this? - The advantages of having this would reduce bugs when putting in a big update it would give you a chance to sort everything out without a server of 70 people complaining about this issue and that issue and the point of allowing certain people SMT+ in the server everything could be tested to make sure it runs properly obviously there would still be bugs but it would greatly reduce the many issues when putting in a big update

Who is it mainly for? - Gaminglight members new and old

Links to any content - N/A

~Mervin

So basically beta testers? 

Yes, 100% agree with this idea and myself as a developer would suggest this. If SMT decides to not have everything tested before rollout I strongly believe it would cause issues and would drop the servers player base!

I would love to apply as a beta tester, I have experience with finding bugs/exploits and coming up with solutions to fix them!

Not really needed for any other server tho as MilRP is second highest at 20 daily average

But on PRP I can see this working very well it would maybe pull pressure off the developers and let them focus.

And will increase hype for those big updates

Butt what will PRP fans do in the time it is closed? I used to play on 1 server and only that server and when It closed down I didn't touch gmod for ages some people may be the same.

Why is it called Gaminglight wide? I mean I understand majority of GL is PRP but we do have MilRP where this wouldn't suit us.

Not really needed for any other server tho as MilRP is second highest at 20 daily average

But on PRP I can see this working very well it would maybe pull pressure off the developers and let them focus.

And will increase hype for those big updates

Butt what will PRP fans do in the time it is closed? I used to play on 1 server and only that server and when It closed down I didn't touch gmod for ages some people may be the same.

Why is it called Gaminglight wide? I mean I understand majority of GL is PRP but we do have MilRP where this wouldn't suit us.

take for example when all the last big military rp update tho no matter how many players the server has it still has many bugs and issues that could have been resolved ASAP if the server had been locked and test had been ran and there is plenty to do when the server is locked there is other games to play go outside chill in ts with some peoples play roblox or play on another Garry’s mod server...

~Mervin

take for example when all the last big military rp update tho no matter how many players the server has it still has many bugs and issues that could have been resolved ASAP if the server had been locked and test had been ran and there is plenty to do when the server is locked there is other games to play go outside chill in ts with some peoples play roblox or play on another Garry’s mod server...

I don't see how locking the server helps the developers find bugs I understand play testing limiting the amount of people but we are a small community I think the community rather have a slightly buggy server then no server where as PRP pissing off 70 people at once is a big issue

I don't see how locking the server helps the developers find bugs I understand play testing limiting the amount of people but we are a small community I think the community rather have a slightly buggy server then no server where as PRP pissing off 70 people at once is a big issue

We are actually a rather large community and we are the top police rp server and we used to be one of the top military rp servers and it’s not locking the thing for weeks it would only be for big updates and only last a couple hours and let me ask you this if you had the option to play on a server with no bugs or a server with bugs which would you choose. I don’t think you understand the concept of what the suggestion is.

Zeeptin locks the server after updates and goes on it to test stuff. I have seen him do it before.

I have never seen this....

~Mervin

• Bread locked this topic