Staff Report Suggestion

Pliskin

What you want to see? - Staff reports only able to be seen by the people whom made it and HOS+

Why should we add it? - I know this has been brought up in staff meetings but, lately people have be reporting other staff for somewhat dumb reasons and has used as a smear campaign against staff so they do not get promoted and/or increasing their chance of being promoted since the other staff's trust/overall reputation is ruined by them even if they are denied, I feel this needs to stop and the only way to fix this at this point is to implement this...

What are the advantages of having this? - Staff not abusing staff reports for selfish reasons.

Who is it mainly for? - Staff

Links to any content N/A

Imperial RP

• Stormtrooper Lance Corporal Snake 3120

+Support

Staff Reports should be private so other staff don't hate on another staff member for something they may or may not have done.

-support

Players need transparency of all staff so the community can be aware of what we are dealing with.

So you want members to be able to criticize a staff member based on a report??

Yes, I believe this needs to be implemented, but not because people are abusing It. Personally I have not seen anyone reporting anyone for “dumb” reasons, but it depends on how you define that word. However, I do not agree with people commenting “+/-“ Support on post, because biased opinions then become an issue, therefore limiting the outcome of the punishment. BUT this should be set into place. But HOS+ -I don’t think so. Mainly because, well, that’s only two people. I think SMT should only be able to see reports and decide on the punishment. But I do agree with the fact that we should not be able to see staff reports, or if so, make a private section as Toxic once stated, to where you could choose if you wanted other staff/ players to be able to see. 

For example, if someone doesn’t like you in the slightest and someone makes a staff report on you, how do you think that person will respond? His/her’s response will be completely biased and they will for sure comment something negative. But what if it was multiple people who didn’t like you? They would all comment on your post negative and horrible things because of the mere fact- they don’t like you. When SMT looks upon the report, they will see all the negative opinions of the staff and accept the report. Now, by eliminating the ability of people being able to comment, or see the report, it will sustain the peace and stop drama from happening. 

That is what I think. 

Edited by Fame

+Support

Staff Reports should be private so other staff don't hate on another staff member for something they may or may not have done.

So you want members to be able to criticize a staff member based on a report??

Members cannot criticize only other staff can. This is just awareness for players like myself to see how staff are behaving.

Why do you need to keep it so secret? Staff like Jack Black and Guar have no issues with other staff nor players because they are doing a great job and many players see that as well.

With transparency it builds relationship between members and staff team on resolving issues. And, it builds trust among the community.

If you keep it a secret then trust within community culture within staff team and staff with players are no longer there.

If you take away then transparency, the drama is still there within the staff environment! So the suggestion doesn't solve the problem and may cause an even bigger problem. Fundamentally, It all depends on how SMT handles their team and how they can build the culture within the staff team.

Just like how I build my organization, I specifically build the culture the way I wanted which is to be least minge as much as possible and making sure everyone enjoys having fun as a team. Making there is little to no drama and being transparent to everyone within my organization.

Members cannot criticize only other staff can. This is just awareness for players like myself to see how staff are behaving.

Why do you need to keep it so secret? Staff like Jack Black and Guar have no issues with other staff nor players because they are doing a great job and many players see that as well.

With transparency it builds relationship between members and staff team on resolving issues. And, it builds trust among the community.

If you keep it a secret then trust within community culture within staff team and staff with players are no longer there.

If you take away then transparency, the drama is still there within the staff environment! So the suggestion doesn't solve the problem and may cause an even bigger problem. Fundamentally, It all depends on how SMT handles their team and how they can build the culture within the staff team.

Just like how I build my organization, I specifically build the culture the way I wanted which is to be least minge as much as possible and making sure everyone enjoys having fun as a team. Making there is little to no drama and being transparent to everyone within my organization.

sure..i guess.

-support

Players need transparency of all staff so the community can be aware of what we are dealing with.

So you are saying that staff that are being falsely accused should be able to be seen by everyone because I have seen people's reputation in the community ruined for being reported for the smallest reason or a false reason. Plus 90% of responses are biased anyway, I cannot tell you how many times I am in TS to hear "Yo ____ just got reported everyone +support it to get him out of staff screw that guy!" So making it private will leave all parties from having their reputations ruined. Lastly most of the recent staff reports have turned into flame wars anyway so if we cannot act mature when reporting somebody we should leave the decision to SMT instead of the biased members.

Imperial RP

• Stormtrooper Lance Corporal Snake 3120

So you are saying that staff that are being falsely accused should be able to be seen by everyone because I have seen people's reputation in the community ruined for being reported for the smallest reason or a false reason. Plus 90% of responses are biased anyway, I cannot tell you how many times I am in TS to hear "Yo ____ just got reported everyone +support it to get him out of staff screw that guy!" So making it private will leave all parties from having their reputations ruined. Lastly most of the recent staff reports have turned into flame wars anyway so if we cannot act mature when reporting somebody we should leave the decision to SMT instead of the biased members.

Yes it should be so it can be observed by SMT and other players and staff to see who are biased or not and who have poor judgment. Remember for staff, it innocent until proven guilty. BTW staff reputation (if the report is silly) is not ruined. As a matter fact, it backfired against the person who reported it. Again, drama will always exist until SMT gets involved to change the culture of their staff team. And making staff report a secret is not gonna solve that situation. It just makes staff secretly hates other staff and will still plot a plan to get other staff's reputation ruined only seen by SMT. And that just really hard for SMT to catch that sometimes.

BTW I look at staff report almost everyday and I know who is really bias and just backing up their friends and it the same people over and over and over and over again. I hope SMT catches that if not then blind eyes are part of the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

-Support

Community input is needed in situations like these. No one really files staff reports unless a staff member has a trend of abuse. If we keep these private, those who are too scared to report staff members due to backlash from higher staff will never file a report. I will keep a firm stance on this and I will not support this by any means.

You will notice by reviewing staff reports that users that see staff abusing comment their experiences. You keep them private, there goes everything.

The whole point of it being public is that members can state their opinion of the actions in the report so SMT gets a better look at it and if they feel to Deny or Accept the report. If members criticize you even if the report is denied, then that`s something else which would be on them. Give them a punishment or something.

-Support