New DeathTrooper Models

Battalion name: Death Troopers

Job name: All

Model path:

- Current model: N/A
Link to the current model and size (if applicable): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2585707042&searchtext=Deathtrooper 219.542 MB

- New model: 
models/player/markus/moedit/deathtrooper/male/deathtrooper_01_male_mesh.mdl
models/player/markus/moedit/deathtrooper/female/deathtrooper_01_female_mesh.mdl

Link to the new model (if applicable): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3282194192 176.470 MB

Reason for change: Not only can this can benefit DT in many ways. It will help DT a lot in the long run. This will make DT feel fresh and new. We have not had a model change for regular DT for about 1-2 years now. I truly do think if we were to go back to these models it would help peak people's interest in DT a lot more. These models look a lot more sleek and lore-accurate. Alongside these factors, these models are much more preferred than the current ones we have. Our current ones don't look all that metallic kind of like plastic or carbon fiber. I think if these were added it would make people fear DT a lot more. Alongside this, it will help DT blend into the dark and become more of an elite special forces unit. Currently, it's pretty hard to blend in as easily as we would like to but these will make it a lot easier to do so. 

I have done the calculations regarding these models currently the Seeker model we have from the same pack is 34 MB’s and compressed. Basing my math off of that if we were to go with these we could save 40-50 MB’s and help reduce server lag. The seeker addon that is already on the server will need to be removed. This pack includes the seeker model so theres no point in having 2 seeker models on the server.

Extra Request and a note: We also need the Scale increased to 1.072 for all DT Jobs please

Preview of the new black model:
https://i.imgur.com/WqUjIPL.png

Current Gideon Hask

Resigned DT Command AX4/SC0 [Command member for nearly a year]/Fomer DT SC01/ Retired Rear Admiral/Naval LT/Tenn Graneet/Nova Maj/Havoc Maj/Naval SO/ DT NCO x2

Posted (edited)

+ support

I agree with Shadow, especially with how it will benefit DT. DT has always had a unique look and the current models look like pieces of plastic melted together to make armor. They kind of remind me of some random costume you would pick up for Halloween at Walmart. They don't look all that great but hey at least they get the point across. However, if DT were to get the new models then not only would they look better, but in an RP sense more fearful. The reason I say this is because the sharper and more menacing the look the better and I believe that is what these new models will get DT. 

That combined with what shadow said about this - 
If the new pack is larger in size, do you believe the benefits exceed the risk of adding more content to the server (risking loading times and possible performance), and why?: I have done the calculations regarding these models currently the Seeker model we have from the same pack is 34 MB’s and compressed. Basing my math off of that if we were to go with these we could save 50-100 MB’s and help reduce server lag. This pack will equal about 68 extra MB’s while removing at least 50-100 that we do not need.

I see this as a huge W especially since it helps DT and the server.

Edited by Jump

[EX IC VCMDR Scorch and Fixer] [EX IC CMDR Boss] 

[Current DT CPT JM9]

+Massive Support

I am way to lazy to type something long out, however Shadow spoke to me awhile ago about this idea and its amazing, It will bring DT back to the glory days and is honestly a great investment considering shadow's calculaations.

Posted (edited)

+Support for the model change

-Support for the models proposed (and kama)
I looked at the addon and optimized it even further, fixing some clipping issues in the process (although I can't figure out weight pains on the pauldron). In total, the entire pack went down from 411 MBs to 176 MBs without any loss in quality. Given the current pack we have is larger than what I managed to cook up (on top of the separate seeker model) I believe we could overhaul all models, making them look better than ever while also saving on some space, and keeping everything in one addon for convenience. So, while the base idea of the suggestion is valid (current models are ugly and bloated), I disagree with how it could be handled. Also kama does not fit the battalion at all. I think if we are to overhaul models for a battalion (a rare occurrence) we better do it right so there is no room for regrets since we won't be getting that chance again any time soon.

Link to the edit [WIP] - [Click]

aWEWTwq.jpeg

Edited by Manio

Posted (edited)

+ support cool models and halved file size

Edited by skelel

hi im jimmy

current: coolest guy around

former: Tank SHC CSM (and also enlisted) IC DME CPL 501st HVYAL, (coolest) ARCAL Hammer, COL for 10 mins, & VCMDR | DT Sarlacc SPC SF Onyx WO © 4568 Blu © 4457 Reaper 1207 Sev

Posted (edited)

+Support They got a lot more camo (Our drip is more plentiful). File Size went down so thats cool too. : D
-Support Didn't come sooner.

Edited by Vau

H.E.C.U 

+Support for the model change

-Support for the models proposed (and kama)
I looked at the addon and optimized it even further, fixing some clipping issues in the process (although I can't figure out weight pains on the pauldron). In total, the entire pack went down from 411 MBs to 176 MBs without any loss in quality. Given the current pack we have is larger than what I managed to cook up (on top of the separate seeker model) I believe we could overhaul all models, making them look better than ever while also saving on some space, and keeping everything in one addon for convenience. So, while the base idea of the suggestion is valid (current models are ugly and bloated), I disagree with how it could be handled. Also kama does not fit the battalion at all. I think if we are to overhaul models for a battalion (a rare occurrence) we better do it right so there is no room for regrets since we won't be getting that chance again any time soon.

^^ This right here!!
We don't use a kama anyways so no need for one added. I would like to see the forest model to go along with the urban seeker camo but that's besides the point. I think Steve hit this right on the head. This could be handled a bit better for sure. DT has needed a model update for a long time, I think this could be it.

Current: DT M36 | Imperial RP GM III | ImperialRP Moderator
Former: DT Commander EX1 IF21 | ImperialRP AHGM | ImperialRP Senior Admin

Posted (edited)

+Support
- Decreased the Size A Bit
- Adds a Red Helmet without the Camo
- Models look Nicer

Edited by Noshow

Imperial RP | Lead Admin | Assistant Head Gamemaster | 501st Vice Commander

Former | IC VCMR Sev | DT LTCOL SV02 | SHG SHGO Vacander Jax

Posted (edited)

I’ve heard your feedback and I agree the Kama doesn’t fit a battalion like DT with that being said I plus support not giving us the Kama 

Edited by DT CMDR AX4

Current Gideon Hask

Resigned DT Command AX4/SC0 [Command member for nearly a year]/Fomer DT SC01/ Retired Rear Admiral/Naval LT/Tenn Graneet/Nova Maj/Havoc Maj/Naval SO/ DT NCO x2

Major + Support
DT has needed a model change for a while now in my opinion. I think these are perfect and make DT actually look way cleaner and overall better. Like they seem less shiny and not as bulky which would make DT look way better and they also same less shiny which make them more realistic and just way better looking in every area including dark areas. We shine in dark areas and it doesn't really make sense and this could change that. I fully agree with this decision.

Current
N/A

Former
                   Shock ERUO Major Banana Jr|DT VCMDR CO2/DT MAJ SC01/DT 2LT SN03/DT 2LT CO2/DT NCO CO2x3|Shadow Guard/Saber Guard/ Senior Honor Guard Cold| IC DME SSGT Cold|Pyke Enforcer SR Cold|ISB:IA Operative Cold

+ Support

I like the new models

Just one note, IDK if you have talked with Beckett but generally, from what I've heard, they do not allow models onto the server that we posted to a GL players steam workshop for security reasons. In any case good luck I like the models.

《 Antonoff 

[ Ex. Shock Commander and Chief ]

• 2 weeks later...

-support 

-Dt models look good already and plus its a big file 

My suggestion would to get custom models made to make dt even more special 

-Former PURGE VICE COMMANDER

-ST VICE COMMANDER               

halo2_banner.gif.d097afa6e135d79516f8c71476cf2df7.gif

• Manager

ACCEPTED

Thank you for your suggestion! We appreciate your support in improving our server!

Exception (Denied):
"Extra Request and a note: We also need the Scale increased to 1.072 for all DT Jobs please Denied"

Concerns were raised regarding the issue of models not being able to travel through the ISD teleporters without crouching