New Arrest baton

Should this be added  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be added

• Yes, Please explain why
    • No, Please explain why

What do you want to see?: A new arrest baton that stuns people.

Why should we add it?:I beleive I speak on behalf of all battalions with a arrest baton. THe current one is atrocious and really annoying to use. You have to practically be inside of somebody for it to register and even then it doesn't. This addon will solve the hassle of being a Shock and chasing people with a AOS on them

What are the advantages of having this?: This will improve the QOL with all battalion's with a rrest batona nd make there job much easier. This baton will add a lot more immersion to being arrested and would practically make the arrest baton useful for also detaining people due to its stun feature. The stun feature and arrest baton time should be configurable in its config.

Who is it mainly for?: Shock ISB and Naval as well as HC

Links to any content:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2968431446

Current Gideon Hask

Resigned DT Command AX4/SC0 [Command member for nearly a year]/Fomer DT SC01/ Retired Rear Admiral/Naval LT/Tenn Graneet/Nova Maj/Havoc Maj/Naval SO/ DT NCO x2

Honestly, + support I believe instead of just hitting someone with the arrest stick we could use more role play into it not just with this baton but with cuffs as well and having a arrest console to bring the cuffed player and you can arrest then through the console, This would bring much more sense instead of them teleporting instantly to the prison when arrested.

- Support, Don't really see this as a big necessity as it does the same thing as the current stick, Shock are Equipped with Stun E 11's to stun them if they are struggling to arrest. 

Pyke Boss Finnigan B Glorbnob Jr.

Pioneer of Pyke.

Pushing the Boundary on what's considered Roleplay Daily.

+support

-I support getting a new arrest baton that works better, but i don't think it should stun, that's what the stun gun is for

Current: Super Admin Former: Sovereign Protector| |

DT NCO|SHGL| Agent Kallus | Senior Moderator Clarence | First "Agent Kyle"

Nova CPT Former Shock LTCOL |Former shock VCMDR| Former Senior Mod                                                  

- Support

I do like some of the ideas presented within the post and replies like Jerry mentioning something about dragging people to a terminal in the brig. Which I feel like is a cool idea we would still need to keep the batons just for those few and far between scenarios. With that being said we have the E-11 stuns as mentioned and those are a massive part of our utility within the branch. I have used that baton on other servers and feel it acts similarly to how the one we have right now does (the distance it takes to hit, when it works right+the server isn’t lagging), so now instead of one smack we have to hit multiple times and get within that same distance we’d be in with our current baton. My final thought is let’s say three people rush brig, I go to arrest one well I’m stunning him, and going into the menu his buddies shoot me.  I do strongly agree there are many times I have swung this baton at someone literally inside of me and nothing proceeds to happen, which occasionally I could blame on the server but there have been too many instances of it happening I think some sort of rework or change is needed. Maybe Shock could keep their sticks so we can continue to utilize our E-11 stuns and this one goes specifically to Navy, ISB, and high command if they choose. 

Shock Vice Commander

Pyke Solider II SR

IC SSE CPL

Came regarding what you said the baton can be configurable to where you only have to hit once and you don’t have to bring them to a console u less you configure it to do so

• Like 1

Current Gideon Hask

Resigned DT Command AX4/SC0 [Command member for nearly a year]/Fomer DT SC01/ Retired Rear Admiral/Naval LT/Tenn Graneet/Nova Maj/Havoc Maj/Naval SO/ DT NCO x2

Posted (edited)

In response to you, also apologies as for last night I was on my phone and couldn't format in a way that made that speel make 100% sense. Gotcha that's actually pretty cool if it is a configurable thing, if that can be tweaked around a little bit and there is more discussion about how to properly implement it if accepted with shock so that way we can continue to have an actual utilization for the stun gun. With that being said if both those things are doable I would happily go for a change my - to a +support

Edit: Forgot to add this but if it is doable that we have the option to either jail through a console in brig and by using a UI menu from hitting them I think that would also be a cool idea, adds some shock rp instead of "smack with red baton, teleports to jail, advert", being able to keep both options available to accommodate any situation that may arise.

Edited by Cambr

Shock Vice Commander

Pyke Solider II SR

IC SSE CPL

Another system I thought would be cool is a jailbreak system where someone can go into brig and break somebody out and if they succeed and that person makes it to tat they get released

• Like 1

Current Gideon Hask

Please keep the post to +/- supports

Forum Diplomat Message

• Like 1

Current: Super Admin Former: Sovereign Protector| |

DT NCO|SHGL| Agent Kallus | Senior Moderator Clarence | First "Agent Kyle"

Nova CPT Former Shock LTCOL |Former shock VCMDR| Former Senior Mod                                                  

+support for high ping players 😞

Retired Field Commander
Current: R Purge COL / Overseer | DT Seeker Honor

FormerField Commander | Senior Commander | The Second Sister | Eighth Brother Pyke Captain
pixel-art.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Manager

DENIED

Unfortunately, we do not feel that this suggestion is suitable for implementation. 

However, we do appreciate your attitude towards trying to help us improve, please feel free to show us some more ideas!