Server Health rework

Clarence

Posted (edited)

What do you want to see?: I would like to see a complete server health rework.

Why should we add it?: The server health has became way to high with gear and the skill machine. I think lowering all jobs base HP will make combat more realistic. We shouldnt have to shoot people 30-40 times to kill them. If we decrease all jobs base HP it would make combat take actual skill and players would actually have to think and plan during combat no more just running through blaster fire without a care in the world.

What are the advantages of having this?:  The advantages of doing this would, make the server more realistic, I dont think any players should be walking around with 1500+hp. It would make a actual skill gap with PvP and introduce actual skill based fighting. I know this would be a lot of work with having to rework all jobs HP and reworking weapons but I think the server could use this. 

Who is it mainly for?: The whole server

Links to any content:  N/A

How it works: N/A

Edited by Clarence
Typo
  • Like 2

Current: Super Admin Former: Sovereign Protector| |

DT NCO|SHGL| Agent Kallus | Senior Moderator Clarence | First "Agent Kyle"

Nova CPT Former Shock LTCOL |Former shock VCMDR| Former Senior Mod                                                  

-1 Support. This is would be a much larger scale fix then I think you realize, For the most part everything is relatively balanced where it stands, The areas it starts to get crazy is with Lore characters, Models with Damage Reduction, and Custom Classes. Weapons would also have to be gone through to rebalance to match the health or else you are going to have very short boring one sided fights where the person who attacks will win 100% of the time due to now needing to use a fraction of the shots. The best way to go about this would be targeting the jobs with the most unfair amounts of health which would be Lore Inquisitorious, Inquisitorious Custom Classes(Especially the ones who paid for extra health 4.5k health on a CC is crazy) And fixing Damage reduction on all models including Field Commander and DT Seeker Company. I am pretty sure CC's would be untouchable due to the fact they simply go for a lot of money but if you want to talk about balancing health that is where you need to start. Not to mention Lightsaber damage would also then need to be added since with less health you are heading into 1-2 shot territory with lightsabers which is insanely op considering they can get access to force abilities such as Force Slow which completely stops all movements and allows you to drop your enemies like a hot sack of potatos. As someone who tends to engage in more PVP on the server then almost anyone else I feel I can give an expert opinion on the balancing of Imperial Classes. The only classes I noticed have a clear unfair amount of health compared to the damage output they do are the following: DT Sentry Droid, DT Seeker Company(Due to Damage Reduction on the model) DarkTrooper(GM Class) Lore Inquisitorious, Emperor, Vader, Grand IQ, High IQ, Certain Custom Classes(Obviously certain classes are meant to have higher amount of HP to represent the power they hold in lore, a group of Pyke raiding the ISD and running into any Grand IQ+ will promptly cause them to scream like children because they know they fucked up and will die a horrible painful death at the hands of the true sith lords. Other then that PVP is relatively balanced. If the goal here is to balance PVP target the people with 2k+ health or else you risk losing progression on the server. If Custom Classes are untouchable in this HP rework then this entire rework is completely useless as it just makes them more powerful while taking away any chance besides a 50/50 T4 shot to kill them. If Custom Classes can't be reworked then beyond mega - Support. 

I wholeheartedly agree with this, however, how would CCs work? Like they paid for the health boost. 

Current: Commander Boss | Muscle I Sigma - Co-Creator of the HCD

Ex: SF Vice Marshall, IC VCMDR Fixer/Scorch, SF Wing Commander Ubbel, SFC Maroon, 1LT Darman, Major Niner, Shock SPC Tadpole, 501st ARC CPL x2, DT PFC IO7, IQ Apprentice III, RG CDT III, Last Ever Demo Overseer, First ever Hazmat Overseer.

The best thing I can say about CC's would be to find a good HP rescale that matches the new health to make sure people who bought CC's still get their moneys worth

Current: Super Admin Former: Sovereign Protector| |

DT NCO|SHGL| Agent Kallus | Senior Moderator Clarence | First "Agent Kyle"

Nova CPT Former Shock LTCOL |Former shock VCMDR| Former Senior Mod                                                  

Posted (edited)

-Support

I think health and everything is fine where it is tbh. Gear is a thing not many people have and it takes a commitment and even then the boosts to health or armor are not as big as you think. As for Lore characters they are important to the story of StarWars as a whole and are powerful by standard to be in the position they are. If anything only Pyke and Event Characters eve have to deal with combating Lore people and Event characters have 2-3 times the health of a lore job sometimes.

So in the end TL:DR I don't think this change is needed but maybe we could buff all guns or something to make it more fair. But for me I don't it would be a good change.

Edited by Reeses

Current Ranks: The Eighth Brother
Former Ranks: SCP RP: Former CI 2LT l  l Former D5 2LT l Former Senior Moderator l Former RRH Guardian Juliet 7 Level 100 Gang
Imperial RP: Former DT 1SGT l Former IF Senior Agent l Former Naval Commander 
Police RP: Former Police CPL l Former SRT PVT l Worst Police RP PVPER

Posted (edited)

+/- Support
I think something like this is needed direly, it's stupid for people to be walking around with upwards of 3k HP. However, such a change would require so many changes to the server that it may end up being too big and end up changing how the entire server feels to play. Things like gun stats, CCs, NPCs, lightsabers, lightsaber powers, and who knows what else would all require changes to make this possible. If things were handled similarly to how SCPRP does things then I think it could be beneficial because the combat on that server isn't all that bad.

Edited by Stage

Current

| Vice Sovereign Kir Kanos |
Former

| Shadow Guard VII Stage (2020) || Shadow Guard Lead Ren Blackstar (2023-2024)|

-1 Support. This is would be a much larger scale fix then I think you realize, For the most part everything is relatively balanced where it stands, The areas it starts to get crazy is with Lore characters, Models with Damage Reduction, and Custom Classes. Weapons would also have to be gone through to rebalance to match the health or else you are going to have very short boring one sided fights where the person who attacks will win 100% of the time due to now needing to use a fraction of the shots. The best way to go about this would be targeting the jobs with the most unfair amounts of health which would be Lore Inquisitorious, Inquisitorious Custom Classes(Especially the ones who paid for extra health 4.5k health on a CC is crazy) And fixing Damage reduction on all models including Field Commander and DT Seeker Company. I am pretty sure CC's would be untouchable due to the fact they simply go for a lot of money but if you want to talk about balancing health that is where you need to start. Not to mention Lightsaber damage would also then need to be added since with less health you are heading into 1-2 shot territory with lightsabers which is insanely op considering they can get access to force abilities such as Force Slow which completely stops all movements and allows you to drop your enemies like a hot sack of potatos. As someone who tends to engage in more PVP on the server then almost anyone else I feel I can give an expert opinion on the balancing of Imperial Classes. The only classes I noticed have a clear unfair amount of health compared to the damage output they do are the following: DT Sentry Droid, DT Seeker Company(Due to Damage Reduction on the model) DarkTrooper(GM Class) Lore Inquisitorious, Emperor, Vader, Grand IQ, High IQ, Certain Custom Classes(Obviously certain classes are meant to have higher amount of HP to represent the power they hold in lore, a group of Pyke raiding the ISD and running into any Grand IQ+ will promptly cause them to scream like children because they know they fucked up and will die a horrible painful death at the hands of the true sith lords. Other then that PVP is relatively balanced. If the goal here is to balance PVP target the people with 2k+ health or else you risk losing progression on the server. If Custom Classes are untouchable in this HP rework then this entire rework is completely useless as it just makes them more powerful while taking away any chance besides a 50/50 T4 shot to kill them. If Custom Classes can't be reworked then beyond mega - Support. 

• Head Admin

+support
first of all I would like to say obviously it would be alot of work to implement and balance all the weapons but In the servers current state HP and armor values are way to inflated

Highest General Resin

Head Admin

2ND EVER TANK CMDR Ex ST VCMDR Ex STRM Lead Ex SCTAL Ex DT PFC Ex Senior Gamemaster

+ Support
This would be a change that is very needed, fights last 45-55 Seconds even if you hit all your shots unless your gun does 60+ Damage and tons of Bullets. NPCs are terrible against people unless they have the 300 Damage Sniper Rifle you can give to NPCs and NPCs are the main source of Action for Events.  For the CCs I think is every job was divided by the same number and then the Health Addition were as well they would still hold the same HP Advantage over jobs just at a Lower Scale. This would also help with the Event Lightsabers, CC Lightsabers as they do almost no damage to people with more than 1k HP.

-Support

I think health and everything is fine where it is tbh. Gear is a thing not many people have and it takes a commitment and even then the boosts to health or armor are not as big as you think. As for Lore characters they are important to the story of StarWars as a whole and are powerful by standard to be in the position they are. If anything only Pyke and Event Characters eve have to deal with combating Lore people and Event characters have 2-3 times the health of a lore job sometimes.

So in the end TL:DR I don't think this change is needed but maybe we could buff all guns or something to make it more fair. But for me I don't it would be a good change.

Current DT Commander AX4 

Fomer DT SC01/ Retired Rear Admiral/Naval LT/Tenn Graneet/Nova Maj/Havoc Maj/Naval SO/ DT NCO x2

+support people with no armor on their models have lots of hp and i dont like that it takes 30 years to kill them

Jimmy

Current: IC CPT Reaper ES-01

Retired 501st Vice Commander and 501st COL for 10 minutes

former tank trooper enlisted, ic cpl, stepped down 501st hvyal, arcal hammer, snrhvy, dt spc, sf onyx wo, tank shc csm, ic blu

+ Support

although this would be a huge change and may take awhile I think its something the server needs badly as someone who takes pride in pvping i can say for sure that the health and gun damage within the server is so inflated that it doesn't even make sense anymore why should anyone take 50 rounds to kill why should a 1v1 head on without thought take so long and be the main form of pvp? The CC issue would be a bit difficult but simple at the same time the health would scale down just like any other persons hp but still high enough to were its still above the rest. An hp and armor change would also add more fun to the server by making it were you have to plan out going against nps instead of just gunning them down without a second thought it would make it to were you have to pay attention to the rebels hell some times you are able just to walk by a rebel spawner just because you have enough hp and armor to do it.

Current: Imperial Commando's Vice Commander Fixer

Retired: Ω OSLD HS COL 1309 Niner Skirata Ω 1136 Darman SkirataΩ 3222 Atin Skirata First ever Deputy Hazard SupervisorLast Ever Demo Vice Lead - 501st ARCTRN 1SG Rusty 8509 - SF OFS Warrant Officer Rusty - IC Vice Commander 1140 Fixer Admin Rusty - IC OSLD MAJ 1309 Niner First Ever ISB:IA Junior Operative - Last Naval Agent Gideon Hask IF2 DT V07- DT CPT EL9 - DT SN04 - Shadow Guard VI Scythe -  Shock CPT Rusty                                                             

spacer.png

#InfernoRangers

Posted (edited)

+Support

I agree I do think the health system is a bit inflated.

Edited by Katsimaru

Former: Pyke Underboss, Shock VCMDR, RG COL/SHG Lead, Agent Kallus, Admin, GMIII.

Current: Lord Kat.
              download.gif.e751cf0e988cf751203823c077ad1832.gif               

+/- Support

I think something like this is needed direly, it's stupid for people to be walking around with upwards of 3k HP. However, such a change would require so many changes to the server that it may end up being too big and end up changing how the entire server feels to play. Things like gun stats, CCs, NPCs, lightsabers, lightsaber powers, and who knows what else would all require changes to make this possible. If things were handled similarly to how SCPRP does things then I think it could be beneficial because the combat on that server isn't all that bad.

Current: Second Sister

Former: Ninth SisterSaber Guard IncarceratusOmega Squad 3222 AtinDT SGT