FearRP Rule Change - Accepted [Completed]

IgnisNuts

What are you suggesting? - Change the rules for FearRP to : If you are out gunned 2 to 1 you fall under FearRP, and if you have no weapons out it only takes 1 weapon to be under FearRP.

How would this change better the server? - More hostages, more roleplay.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - More sits about ppl breaking FearRP

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Combatant Branches

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

+support

we've got to impliment a way for people to know that they're fearRP'd aswell but thats alot more complicated

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

I like the first half, outgunning a group with double the strength makes sense and could lead to some more interesting captures but the second half is going to make capturing non-combatants way too easy as they typically aren’t allowed to even pull their gun out until someone has already attacked them. 

This could also be a time to modify the FearRP rules to make it so that cuffs count towards FearRP, cut people’s need to force their captives to put their hands up as this takes a while and is often used as a way to make the whole process take longer in a way that is hard to prove.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

6 hours ago, Tazza said:

we've got to impliment a way for people to know that they're fearRP'd aswell but thats alot more complicated

While automating this probably couldn’t happen (detecting sight lines 24/7 in a GMOD server would bring an unworldly amount of lag) I think one way it could be done is through a custom command which could be binded in place of people’s text binds. It could give a sound effect and hud display to the person it is targeting, the display telling them something along the lines of “[Name of person who hit bind] has declared you to be under FearRP! You must comply with their orders.” And maybe also a warning that says something along the lines of “If you believe this has been misused please contact staff.” Of course, misuse of this command would be FailRP and I’d also recommend a cooldown be implemented into the command so that a person can only have the command used against them once every 10 seconds or so as to avoid multiple people from the same group sending a ton of alerts.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

4 hours ago, Nydekore said:

This could also be a time to modify the FearRP rules to make it so that cuffs count towards FearRP

Yea this would also be pretty great, it was always loop holed by ppl whenever you tried to pull out cuffs and they run away sayin "You didn't have 3 guns out"

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

22 hours ago, IgnisNuts said:

and if you have no weapons out it only takes 1 weapon to be under FearRP.

+support for the rest of the suggestion, -support for this. I don't want to have to constantly have my gun out just in case someone fear rps me bc they can do it with only 1 weapon. 

1 hour ago, Dagger said:

+Support on the condition that SFs maintain the requirement for 3+ people to FearRP them when they have a gun out, and 2 people when they don't.

thats cringe bro 
+support Make it even SFS Shouldnt be capped because they are better not because of a advantage in the rules

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

• Manager

So here is my take on it all. This is going to be a - Support from me.  

I understand everyone’s concerns with non-combatants that can be adjusted to different Fear RP rules for non-combatants and combatants, like we have now. Which I think non combatants should stay at 2 

however, I personally feel like fear RP is perfectly fine the way it is, because a good bit of people can 2V1 on the server, so it’s possible to win that fight, and actually consider it, a lot of people say look at it as if it’s real life, it ain’t real life, we have strong guns, and we have people very good at combat, The thing with 3-1 is that you have to be in talking range to establish it and all 3 must be within line of site according to the current rules. And to be honest it is very easy to be fearRP right now heck I’ve been taken because I wasn’t paying attention without need of fear RP, just gotta get someone at the right time. And I know I’m dumb for just not paying attention but people do it. 

If this suggestion does get accepted I would say it would be fair to say that it would be super easy to Fear RP so if you have a battle buddy you can’t be fear RPed unless you have like is 3 or more for each person, so 6 total. I also like what dagger said about the SFs 

Everyone is very capable of FearRP it’s just rolling up at the right time. 

sorry if there is bad formatting I’m on my phone. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

• 2 weeks later...