Changing who D5 can recruit members from. - Denied

9Jordan

What are you suggesting? - 

D5 is currently able to recruit individuals from both E11 and Nu7 at the rank of CPL+.
I believe at the very least that E11 should be excluded from this. E11 should not be considered through D5's recruitment prerequisites a 'gateway branch' to Delta 5.

How would this change better the server?

Delta 5's task is entirely different from Epsilon 11. Epsilon 11 is a surface spawning branch, with an SCP recontainment goal. E11 is also the only MTF branch that actively controls surface points against GOC and CI. With this in mind, it is important that E11 is separated from other MTF branches as much as possible and is to be considered its own end goal. 

What do I mean by that? Well, when Delta 5's requirements are based off of a certain rank in other MTF branches, it poses itself as a branch that is prioritized to go for; think of a social hierarchy. For E11's stability in the range of tasks it faces, it needs a high amount of consistent members it can get who are interested in its mission and goals, and not just an opportunity to get to the next branch over. The way branches recruit from one another can definitely affect this, as it proposes a branch as 'better than' another, and thus more desirable.

E11 is a separate branch. It should be treated that way all over. This is only a minor change, sure. But E11 needs to be understood as a very important role in the server for MTF and that needs to be done as much as possible to ensure a healthy level of activity and allow the branch to bring value to the server.

Delta 5 should recruit from branches within the same area of goals. That being Nu7 and Security. And at an extreme, it should only recruit from Security so to further separate it from other branches in their task. Yes, I understand Delta 5 does not take a life. But still, D5 should have a more concentrated path of entry than 'CPL in Nu7, E11 or SEC'.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 

I do not believe there is any disadvantage to the server for making this change. E11 already has a donor role requirement which limits the amount of individuals that can get in. Delta 5 has pickings from Nu7, E11 and Security. This, at the very least subconsciously suggests it is an end goal. I do not think that is healthy for the stability of E11.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 

E11's roster, and potentially Nu-7. This change makes selecting a branch a little more deliberate and hopefully negates excessive branch hopping.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

The recruitment processes are visualized below. Sorry, as they are back to front. There's also some text errors so for the most part ignore what they say.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Glass

Minge | Stop calling me Captain Price | "Crazy New Zealander" | 'Stubborn' | Evidently Controversial 

5 minutes ago, IgnisNuts said:

-Support 

Go talk to D5 HCOM about that, this isn't a suggestion for forums.

I disagree. I wouldn't have posted this if I didn't evaluate the suggestion requirements first. If anything, a suggestion like this is a grey area. Regardless, it's not like a branches high command is particularly open to having their options for recruitment cut off. There's definitely input to be had from other branches which are used as a gateway. That's why it's a suggestion, and not a DM.

Minge | Stop calling me Captain Price | "Crazy New Zealander" | 'Stubborn' | Evidently Controversial 

6 minutes ago, Glass said:

Epsilon 11 is a surface spawning branch, with an SCP recontainment goal

My entire branches main thing is the protection of HCZ and ensuring containment of SCPs we don't have anything in common with what Delta-5s primary thing is

Both Nu-7 and E-11 function VERY differently from D-5, how often do you even see people join D-5 from E-11? I'm pretty sure they mainly get people from Security like Nu-7 

And also why such a big focus on E-11 in this? I don't understand why you are treating them like a super elite force which they aren't. Just because it's a donator branch doesn't make them higher than Nu-7 or D-5

10 minutes ago, Glass said:

Delta 5 should recruit from branches within the same area of goals. That being Nu7 and Security.

What goals do D-5 and Nu-7 share exactly? We only work together if a GOI is onsite or there is lots of SCP breaches. D-5 are literally military police and handle the ethics side of shit, Nu-7 is as I said the main people who protect HCZ and secure SCPs

This suggestion just seems so pointless I don't see any problems with how recruitment goes in D-5.

1 minute ago, Glass said:

I disagree. I wouldn't have posted this if I didn't evaluate the suggestion requirements first. If anything, a suggestion like this is a grey area. Regardless, it's not like a branches high command is particularly open to having their options for recruitment cut off. There's definitely input to be had from other branches which are used as a gateway. That's why it's a suggestion, and not a DM.

Bro this is literally something Delta-5 HCMD and E-11 HCMD have to discuss

I will say this must of took some time to get an idea for what you wanted. If you wanted to bring this up to us (D5 HCMD) you could have done that or made an suggestion on our branch suggestions channel. The recruitment process will **NOT** be changed as this will affect the flow of those who could possibly want to join Delta-5 if they don't wanna go through security or Nu-7. Even if they are branch hopping, they are allowed to try out branches they have the freedom to do so. I will not change how our branch recruits new members as everyone has an chance to get in no matter where they are placed in or what they joined first.

-Support

SCP-RP
MTF Delta-5: OFTO CMDR Shadows SHDW, G9  GT1, DO Agent New York, CTF ODIR Polaris OC01, Overseer Raptor Operative/Creator of Raptor Operative's | MTF Alpha-1 COL Ghost | OH-1 Guardian Squadron/Salvus Unit Sierra 11 (1st Salvus) | A-1 Guardian Sierra-11
ImperialRP
Imperial Commandos: CSM 0939 Shadows, SSVL, HCO, IC-4461: Maroon | Purge Troopers/Inquisitorious: LCPL Shadows SH39 , Apprentice III Shadows

2 minutes ago, Fool said:

My entire branches main thing is the protection of HCZ and ensuring containment of SCPs we don't have anything in common with what Delta-5s primary thing is

Both Nu-7 and E-11 function VERY differently from D-5, how often do you even see people join D-5 from E-11? I'm pretty sure they mainly get people from Security like Nu-7 

And also why such a big focus on E-11 in this? I don't understand why you are treating them like a super elite force which they aren't. Just because it's a donator branch doesn't make them higher than Nu-7 or D-5

What goals do D-5 and Nu-7 share exactly? We only work together if a GOI is onsite or there is lots of SCP breaches. D-5 are literally military police and handle the ethics side of shit, Nu-7 is as I said the main people who protect HCZ and secure SCPs

This suggestion just seems so pointless I don't see any problems with how recruitment goes in D-5.

Bro this is literally something Delta-5 HCMD and E-11 HCMD have to discuss

I knew I should have clarified this, because it would have been misconstrued, and it has been. Clearly.

First, I am not proposing E11 as outright superior from anyone else. I am simply saying their tasks are different to the point that they are not even on-site anymore. E11 has surface points to capture and control now. That's a whole new dynamic with GOI.

Secondly, Nu-7 and D5's similarities start and end at the fact that they share and operate underground on site. That might be a small thing, but in execution it's not when you aren't on the surface anymore and you do not interact on the surface. From that perspective, they are more similar to each other than they are to E11. I'm not trying to portray the idea that you are all the same. You aren't. Don't take it the wrong way.

Yes, I agree that D5 takes a lot more from SEC than it does other branches. But it's still a thing, the fact that it exists is a thing. This is a suggestion because I personally think it shouldn't be. Activity is a big issue and for all I know this suggestion could do absolutely nothing but I would rather it happen than not for the sake of balance.

2 minutes ago, ShadowRiders- said:

I will say this must of took some time to get an idea for what you wanted. If you wanted to bring this up to us (D5 HCMD) you could have done that or made an suggestion on our branch suggestions channel. The recruitment process will **NOT** be changed as this will affect the flow of those who could possibly want to join Delta-5 if they don't wanna go through security or Nu-7. Even if they are branch hopping, they are allowed to try out branches they have the freedom to do so. I will not change how our branch recruits new members as everyone has an chance to get in no matter where they are placed in or what they joined first.

-Support

Evidently we do not see eye to eye. It is what it is. I hope no one is taking offense at the fact that I did not DM somebody first.

So -support as if u was to do this d5 numbers will drop ad all branches work togeather anyway thats like trying to outting d5 in a corner and telling them they cant do that and to answer another thing. = Yes, I understand Delta 5 does not take a life = d5 dose take a life at sgt  and another is we recurit from each branch like all others do  aswell as goc mainance utilita  so on its a ingame thing and they can go for it or not aswell by forums  but tryoutryouts is cpl but they all have freewill to decline and say no to join anyway i dont as my high up d5 said x ty tho for suggesting tho xx

4 hours ago, ShadowRiders- said:

-Support

MTF D5 HFTO LTCOL EEVEE LAPD

Always Loves the Huggs

Friendly and Nice 

xxxx

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT