1. 1. Should I be staff

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?: Sulfur

What is your steam name?: H2o

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:545705841

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): h2o7675

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain): I've been staff in several other servers, but they're small. I was assistant staff manager in a server called Apollyon, Senior Moderator in Diverse, Trial Moderator in Nameless, and Head of Staff in Rogue. I believe there are more but I don't remember all of them.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) 6/27/2020 

What date did you make your forums account? September 17, 2020

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 2 (Warns were from 2020-2021) image.png

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Gold

Are you a staff member in another community? Currently, no

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes

Timezone: EST

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) I have a bunch of experience as a staff member and I am well familiar with the commands necessary for taking a staff sit. I can take both sides of a story and use evidence to find out who is in the wrong. I would also like to expand my experience pallet and see if I can meet the standards of a popular server. There are people who keep on complaining that there are no admins on to take tickets, and I would like to change that. I am very active so I will be able to take sits. I am familiar with Gmodadminsuite and the ticket system that we are using. I am also capable of being friendly to people and can de-escalate heated situations. I am familiar with the rules and if there is something that I am not sure of, I have my trusty !motd. Overall I believe I should become staff because I am very familiar with the commands and how to handle a sit, I want to take sits and improve other people's gameplay overall, I'm very active, and I can use my common sense to figure out situations.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are assessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?: I would first ask the person who is cursing at me to calm down and ask what the reason was for killing those people. If they continue cursing at me I would mute / gag them for 300 seconds. I would bring in the people who were RDM'd and ask them each individually what they were doing and if they were doing anything wrong that would trigger the murder. If the evidence checks out then depending on the amount of people killed (I think MRDM is 4+ people) then Warn them for MRDM, Staff Disrespect, and get an admin to ban them for 5 days.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?: If there is evidence of the bug being abused then I would punish according to the severity of the glitch. If it is severe like finding a way to kill through walls / kill a bunch of people then I would warn them for exploit abuse and try to get admin approval to ban them for 1-3 days. If it is not severe then give them a formal warning and say that if they do it again, they'll be banned.

Current: Security DCoS | SM | DHFW | EXCM | RMS | FTO | Secret Service DCOO

Retired: Nu-7 CPT

• Head Admin
On 8/10/2023 at 7:53 PM, Mary said:

+Support

Active guy, chill to be around and good app. Good luck!

Nothing else to say i agree

Chief Of Security

H.I.R.U. Shiro // Alpha-1 CSM \\ Exspira Hercules

Head Admin

Former:  // CI 2nd LT \\ Support Supervisor

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT