NCO's BE able to whitelist - BigBoy [Denied]

Naval_BigBoy

Should this be made a thing?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. If no submit a responce with reason.

• yes
    • no

Name: BigBoy
Suggestion: Make NCO's be able to whitelist or GM's be able to whitelist. 
Reasoning: This is a good suggestion because Moderators and Admins also Officers are not always avaialable and then NCO's can whitelist or GM's can whitelist instead.
Note: Beckett "I will let Imperial High Command with their decision on this"

Edited by cmsomers58
  • Dislike 1

〖  ImperialRP 〗Ensign BigBoy |  SF FC Swagwarm

〖Ex:〗ISB Junior Operative | Ensign BigBoy | DT CPL HE3 | Senior Security Officer | Aviation Officer | Shock 2LT | 501ST 2LT 

- Support 

• Whitelisting has been exclusive to Staff & Officer+ for ages and has never been an issue.
  • GM's can't whitelist for the sole reason of their very existence: To do events and SIMs.

Changing whitelists to NCO+ seems useless and unnecessary. 

CURRENT: None

Former:
Field Commander

First Ever IQ Branch Senior Commander(in SNRCMDR Program)

First ever No Helmet Second Sister 

17 hours ago, Jacstur said:

- Support 

• Whitelisting has been exclusive to Staff & Officer+ for ages and has never been an issue.
  • GM's can't whitelist for the sole reason of their very existence: To do events and SIMs.

| Imperial Governor of Lothal and Tatooine |

"If you don’t take risks, you can’t create a future." - Monkey D. Luffy

18 hours ago, Jacstur said:

- Support 

What he said

Former Head Gamemaster

Former Tank Vice Commander

As much of a great idea this sounds it takes away from both staff and officers. You may argue that it will take some things off our plate however take enough things off our plate and you leave us back with nothing. Therefore what would be the point for becoming staff or grinding to officer.

-Support

Former
| Admin | GMVI| DT SV02 |MC ShadowYerah |Apprentice ShadowYerah|

|SK ENG SGT Shadow 071|DT XY7|DT S71|Purge Yerah|SN03|

spacer.png

-support

I disagree with what someone else has said about this change “taking away” from officers, personally my main concern is that people can reach an NCO rank in most battalions in less than a few weeks. A commander might not even know of an NCO’s existence in the battalion (who has the ability to whitelist), which is a huge problem imo. It sounds nice in theory to give NCOs the ability to whitelist, but would be awful in execution considering the sheer amount of NCOs and the greater potential for them to go rogue.

GMs have zero relevance in regards to battalion matters and don’t perform functions of a regular staff member, so I don’t know why we would allow them to whitelist at all.

As stated above by others, I’ve never seen whitelisting be an actual issue on the server, even if it takes longer than you’d like it to. The worst that happens is you have to wait until the next day for someone to be on to whitelist.

Edited by Firekirby

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

1 hour ago, Firekirby said:

-support

I disagree with what someone else has said about this change “taking away” from officers, personally my main concern is that people can reach an NCO rank in most battalions in less than a few weeks. A commander might not even know of an NCO’s existence in the battalion (who has the ability to whitelist), which is a huge problem imo. It sounds nice in theory to give NCOs the ability to whitelist, but would be awful in execution considering the sheer amount of NCOs and the greater potential for them to go rogue.

GMs have zero relevance in regards to battalion matters and don’t perform functions of a regular staff member, so I don’t know why we would allow them to whitelist at all.

As stated above by others, I’ve never seen whitelisting be an actual issue on the server, even if it takes longer than you’d like it to. The worst that happens is you have to wait until the next day for someone to be on to whitelist.

You can get to NCO in the majority of battalions sometimes in just a few days and usually at most a week this isn't nearly enough time for you to be seen as trusted and the last thing anyone wants are randoms abusing the whitelists they got given by an NCO.

• Like 1

Current: Shock LTCOL
Former: Grand Inquisitor | Shadow Guard Lead | Sovereign Protector

• Manager

DENIED

Unfortunately, we do not feel that this suggestion is suitable for implementation. 

However, we do appreciate your attitude towards trying to help us improve, please feel free to show us some more ideas!