Me for staff  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Me for staff

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?: Spruce

What is your steam name?: Randomycrazy

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:756641069

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Myheartbeatsounds#0303

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes, over tons of time I have been staff on GMOD and Minecraft servers. From Serious to Semi-Serious rp servers. 

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) Around a month ago

What date did you make your forums account? March 21 2023

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?
None.

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc)
Gold

Are you a staff member in another community?
Nope

Have you read the staff handbook?
Yes

Timezone:
Central Standard Timezone (CST)

What rank are you applying for?
Trial Mod

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I’ve played tons of SCP-RP servers since the genre came out, from semi-serious to serious. So far Gaming Light SCP-RP has been one of the most fun and greatest servers I have played. I want to further my experience and help the server by becoming staff. I give the benefit of the doubt in most situations and I'm not too harsh to players, especially if they are new. I’m of course willing to put anything needed in my steam or discord name. I can always be in teamspeak. I will never argue with others in public areas as that gives us a bad reputation. I will always follow the staff handbook and will never be biased or go out of line for my own personal needs. I just want to honestly help the server out and take reports for people in need and have fun whilst doing it. Some server genres I have staffed are Militaryrp,SCP-RP,SWRP,Darkrp amongst many more. I can attend any meeting or event needed for me to attend if I'm available. I can be on most days for multiple hours, especially weekends. Thank you for considering.

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

I would bring them and ask them if they know what they are doing and to please calm down. I would check logs to see if they have an insane amount of kills within a small time or look at a clip if the reporter has one. 

However, there is a few things that in my opinion that may effect the ban.

What curses? (If racism longer ban)
Prior Offenses.
If they calmed down in sit or kept cursing.

5 day MRDM Ban + Formal Warning and a larger 1-2 week extension if NITRP and Racial Slurs.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

Firstly, most people who just blatantly don't care or are disrespectful are most likely minges/trolls.

Well I would first tell them the significance of a warning or even ban down the line.

Firstly, most people who just blatantly don't care or are disrespectful are most likely minges/trolls.

Well I would first tell them the significance of a warning or even ban down the line if they ever really want to play.

I would tell them the benefits of the server and how fun it is if they actually tried playing and didn’t just minge or ruin other players' times. You gotta communicate with the person in a way where they will understand and listen and not just type goofy stuff. Doesn’t matter if you say it over mic or type there can always be a correct way to tell them and an incorrect way. If they just curse and keep it up I’d just dish out the punishment and wish them a good day and return them.

Edited by Randomycrazy
Update

+Support
- Has a good app 

- Good responses on his questions 

-Seems like he knows what he is doing 

- has past experience as a staff memeber

only thing that changes this is how long he has been in the GL community. But other than that I wish you good luck on your staff app! 

• Like 1

- Next to no forums activity

- No proof of warns

- No vote poll

- Not seen you before (this could be just due to my timezone)

-/+ Scenarios could use some work in my opnion

For the reasons above I am giving a -support this is nothing personal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lovelock said:

- No proof of warns

- No vote poll

• Like 1

FORMER:  Foundation Doctor , RFA SIC/OA1 , SEC SFC, WD-V Eqvites Antonius MONK CI DHLS , CI SM , RRH Analyst , D5 MSGT , Maintenance ME
 "Domz" 
image.png

2 hours ago, Lovelock said:

- No proof of warns

- No vote poll

Updated, wasn't letting me post screenshots not to sure why but if anyone checks yes I have 0, and yes big timezone difference. Made a poll but it just keeps saying "failed to upload picture"

In response to the other points, I'm trying to up forum activity and scenarios I didn't try to make long just tried to get the point across.

41 minutes ago, Domz said:

And yes I as well updated

Edited by Randomycrazy

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT