Josh aka Spike

Should we bring back ARU?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should we bring back ARU?

• Yes (ARU ARU ARU)
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

So who decided to add ARU in the first place?

Valkerie obvoispyly did. Why? Maybe because he is from the UK and found it benifital to United Kingdom people, it adds more variety to the community and give more prefence options 

5 minutes ago, ArmyGuy said:

Valkerie obvoispyly did. Why? Maybe because he is from the UK and found it benifital to United Kingdom people, it adds more variety to the community and give more prefence options 

Who officially came up with the idea, doesn’t matter. It’s about the future, not the past. Anyone could ask that question about any department.

It benefitted the server, attracted more players and now that we want to bring it back and run it out way, players are already attracted to the idea and some will even come back because of it. Stop thinking about the past, and think for the future. It’s beneficial, adds variety and gives people more preference options. 

This is not a debate, this is a suggestions post which the majority of people support because they want to see how it will work, they want to see how we run it and they want to see the future. Not the past.

Maybe your opinion will change when you see us running at successfully and the right way.

Edited by tcoops

3 minutes ago, tcoops said:

Who officially came up with the idea, doesn’t matter. It’s about the future, not the past. Anyone could ask that question about any department.

It benefitted the server, attracted more players and now that we want to bring it back and run it out way, players are already attracted to the idea and some will even come back because of it. Stop thinking about the past, and think for the future. It’s beneficial, adds variety and gives people more preference options. 

This is not a debate, this is a suggestions post which the majority of people support because they want to see how it will work, they want to see how we run it and they want to see the future. Not the past.

Maybe your opinion will change when you see us running at successfully and the right way.

Majority of the people you are indicating that support bringing it back are either British or SMT. I wouldn't downvote this because I remember when it was a thing and it was fun all around but I dont think it would be a good idea. Simply put the problem is the amount of tac units already in the game. I dont know about you but it seems like too many when technically 5 tac teams are already in the game. This would simply add on the chaos that is the tac teams already in.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

Definitely don’t like the idea of having a british unit in america. How about compromise and make SRT into SRU and combine it into PD like ARU. Same rules and everything, but it’s american and fits into RP (if that’s even a thing that matters)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gaur said:

Definitely don’t like the idea of having a british unit in america. How about compromise and make SRT into SRU and combine it into PD like ARU. Same rules and everything, but it’s american and fits into RP (if that’s even a thing that matters)

I love this idea 100000000% better

Edited by Kim Yo Suk

3 minutes ago, Gaur said:

The thing is, SRT is an existing division and we wouldn’t want to change anything about them. It’s a semi-serious RP server so not everything is perfect. Having a British department that people knew would attract old and new players. We understand where you’re coming from, but would love the opportunity to prove ourselves and to prove ARU was worth adding back. It’ll help grow, attract and give people not only American tac Unit opportunities but hopefully British too. 

Theres custom classes that aren’t American, multiple from all around the world. So basing the point around just it being an American server, doesn’t quite make sense.

If this suggestion does get accepted, we won’t let the community down. We will fight and we will make it the best we can. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S.W.E.P. Killer Dan said:

I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOD DAMN AMERICA NOT BRITIAN

I thought this was America until I saw non-American custom classes. Not everyone in the gMod community is American and that’s something we met and understood a long time ago. Maybe it’s time to add onto the non-American custom classes with a tac unit. It’ll attract players from different locations and add variety. Everything else is said in the original post.

Just now, tcoops said:

I thought this was America until I saw non-American custom classes. Not everyone in the gMod community is American and that’s something we met and understood a long time ago. Maybe it’s time to add onto the non-American custom classes with a tac unit. It’ll attract players from different locations and add variety. Everything else is said in the original post.

Hmm you are kinda right I like ARU ill  +Support  it

4 minutes ago, S.W.E.P. Killer Dan said:

Hmm you are kinda right I like ARU ill  +Support  it

That’s the point we’re making. People LIKE ARU no matter who ran it in the past. It’s about the future. It attracts people, gives more options for tac units no matter where they originate from and so much more.

Guess we’ll leave it up to SMT now. But this is our chance to prove to you why it is a good idea. We will run it to the best of our abilities.

Edited by tcoops

5 minutes ago, tcoops said:

There is a reason why it calls custom class because it to customize that matches their personality. And that nothing should be taken away. And a majority of us came into USA RP server expecting USA RP.  I didn't go to UKRP server, I didn't join FrenchRP server, and I definitely didn't join Spanish RP server either.  How would you like me to go into UK server and spread USA all other places forcefully?