General Suggestion - Afk crate changes (kinda a nerf) - Denied

Ashe Fox

What are you suggesting? -

Make AFK crates cost 10k to buy from the ingame store.

Make the lowest rewards in the AFK crate 10k and 25k and increase the rarity of getting 100k to uncommon, making the 10k and 25k drops common.

How would this change better the server? - Let's be honest here, the economy is in shambles due to the large amounts of money you can gain in a very short time. One major culprit of this is AFK crates. The fact the LOWEST reward in one of these crates is 100k is kinda bonkers. My suggestion will limit the amount of money people get, and makes it so its not guranteed profit if you buy a afk crate since they are currently $1 ingame.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Makes Afking less effective, so it might encourage less AFKing? But i seriously doubt that would happen.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

• Dislike 1

The best D class player to ever exist

UwU >:3

Security best branch

Owns: D-3621

-support

if im gonna AFK and make my electricity bill higher i want to have a chance at big money not just a waste of fucking time.

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

4 minutes ago, Tazza said:

-support

if im gonna AFK and make my electricity bill higher i want to have a chance at big money not just a waste of fucking time.

You would still have a chance of big money, not guranteed big money like it currently is

Security best branch

HUGE -support 

The point of the afk crates is to reward player for afking on the server not to be a gamble whether you might earn something or not implementing this change to the server will make it a lot less appealing to afk and probably lower the afk player counts significantly and thus lower the overall server ranking in conclusion this suggestion in my opinion is just terrible 

Edited by lookatdatface

1 hour ago, lookatdatface said:

HUGE -support 

The point of the afk crates is to reward player for afking on the server not to be a gamble whether you might earn something or not implementing this change to the server will make it a lot less appealing to afk and probably lower the afk player counts significantly and thus lower the overall server ranking in conclusion this suggestion in my opinion is just terrible 

For your information: AFK crates used to cost 100k each and were changed to be basically free. This caused ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGE in how many people AFK, so before you call my suggestion "Just terrible" id recommend ya actually do a lil research first. Its been shown in the past these type of changes have no effect on the amount of AFKers

Security best branch

8 hours ago, Ashe Fox said:

For your information: AFK crates used to cost 100k each and were changed to be basically free. This caused ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGE in how many people AFK, so before you call my suggestion "Just terrible" id recommend ya actually do a lil research first. Its been shown in the past these type of changes have no effect on the amount of AFKers

and back then the lowest reward you could possibly get from an afk crate was 150k so you were always guarantied to earn something and I think the change to make afk crates cost 1$ is a good one because as I said I think they are meant as reward for afking and not meant to be a gamble 

11 minutes ago, lookatdatface said:

and back then the lowest reward you could possibly get from an afk crate was 150k so you were always guarantied to earn something and I think the change to make afk crates cost 1$ is a good one because as I said I think they are meant as reward for afking and not meant to be a gamble 

It 100% was a gamble. You still had the chance of receiving a weapon and losing 100k for no cash, which makes it a gamble. My suggestion in my opinion is literally more rewarding when compared to the old 100k system which literally no one complained about.

Security best branch

Forum Diplomats Message:

Keep this thread to a +Support/-Support basis ONLY. 

Arguing between each other is prohibited.

Failure to do so and continued arguing will result in forums warnings/restrictions being handed out as well as this topic being locked until SMT reviews it.

Thanks!

-Forums Diplomat Hunt

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat