Bartholomew's Grenade Reformation Suggestion - Denied

Bartholomew

What you want to see? - a revision of the current allowed nades, and gas nades. I want gas to be capped to 1 per situation, and nades to 1 as well. 

Why should we add it? - This is ridiculous and if you don't agree then I can't put in to words how frustrating it is to play against this. 

What are the advantages of having this? - How are new players supposed to compete against this? How does anyone expect people to enjoy playing against this? You cant even aim with this.

Who is it mainly for? - anyone that plays on the server. I'd rather keep crim engagement then satisfy only one party. I don't even find gov that fun cause it's just too ez. These class's are so broken, what's the fun in winning every time? I don't understand why it can't be a 50/50 split in fairness. What do you think other normal crim players' chances of winning situations are? A FULLY MAXED OUT FACTION TREE WITH 10 PEOPLE always on can't win against gov 90% of the time. People say it's a skill issue, but when we hop on gov we almost never die. I have gone up to 8 hours without dying on a gov class with no more than 150 armor. It doesn't make any sense how this is fair and it's killing a lot of people's motivation to play the server. SL has had tons of people resign because of this unfairness and other factions are DYING. It pushes away new players, any new player who is not in a faction stands zero chance this is not a joke, zero chance against winning in anything that isn't a crim on crim raid.

Links to any content - This clip shows us being nadded not once, not twice, NO not even three times, but 9 timeshttps://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/Tn2qVtp7ezirT/d1337SfNz0rs?invite=cr-MSxuMnAsNTI2NDE3NTEsI find it ironic that this is a skill issue.

Edited by Bartholomew

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

+support gov is absolutely ridiculous rn with the overall balance, im lc in one of the weakest tacs and its not even fun cause its to easy no reason to be spamming nades like this where we can't even aim in cause our screen is shaking to hell. gov does not need to win every situation and even acting like its balanced is a joke i feel bad for the majority of players that have to just get clapped everyday because somehow its balanced to win against the best family 90% of the time lmao. the best gun used to be the negev a crim only gun and gov had more armor and nades to deal with it, but now gov and crim have the same guns that are meta and up to a 220 armor difference for those on normal 100 armor jobs.

Edited by ~𝓢𝓞𝓤𝓛~

PD SM | SWAT LT | SL Consigliere 

MLG Pro Negev player 

#buffthenegev2023

rfawfa.png.7b7c7a61861c5b4a13bf66567ce2fb82.png

5 minutes ago, Jack Simmons said:

+Support 

I believe the damage should be at least slightly nerfed and reduced to 1 grenade instead of two. 

Currently: SL Advior  PD SGT 1A49|

Past : USMS AGT | EMS AEMT | SS EAD XC5 |  FBI SSA KGB7 | HRT SPC SP1 | State SGT 1T47 | CERT SPC 1CT31 | DOC CO 1CO32 | USMS AGT 1F58 | SWAT SSGT XB18

Discord name:jaychavez

Steam Id:STEAM_0:0:457987346

+1 / -1

+1 - nades can be very overpower with new players. I get 4 nades thrown at me in a place like BP and what are you gonna do really.

-1 - While playing on gov, when you are playing against players who all have barretts nades are the only fighting chance. Barrett changes need done if nades are done.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

- Support. Learn how to counter nades. Run away or grab it with the grav gun and throw it back out.

What you are counting explosions from is the explosive Barrett, which is supposed to be used in this exact scenario.

Edited by Nicc
  • Dislike 1
  • Skull 2

Current

Chief of Police || Police RP Super Admin

Retired

State Police Colonel || EMS Chief || CERT Commander || DOC Warden || SRT Captain || Head Dispatcher || SWAT Sargeant First Class || DF CPL

12 minutes ago, Nicc said:

- Support. Learn how to counter nades. Run away or grab it with the grav gun and throw it back out.

What you are counting explosions from is the explosive Barrett, which is supposed to be used in this exact scenario.

you can literally see them throwing the nades. Don't even try to tell anyone to grav gun a nade 💀

Edited by Bartholomew

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Barret Deleter 28-7

• Head of Staff

-support Gov should be able to use any force means necessary to take down crim. I don’t believe this is a reason why new players are “pushing away”. Also, they’re many circumstances where gov might not be able to know if a grenades were thrown or not in some situations. Ultimately, causing more issues. Some people just chuck the pokè ball ya know? Furthermore, they’re more grenades being thrown because that’s the result of high command being more active, so technically you’re trying to punish them in a sense.

Edited by Scor

dM43pL3.png

2 hours ago, Scor said:

-support Gov should be able to use any force means necessary to take down crim. I don’t believe this is a reason why new players are “pushing away”. Also, they’re many circumstances where gov might not be able to know if a grenades were thrown or not in some situations. Ultimately, causing more issues. Some people just chuck the pokè ball ya know? Furthermore, they’re more grenades being thrown because that’s the result of high command being more active, so technically you’re trying to punish them in a sense.

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/DzcxYUpB-cqmx/3qoqZOemOv7M?invite=cr-MSxvb24sMTY3OTI1MTMxLA

Barret Deleter 28-7

-Support

I don't feel this aspect of gov should be reduced, primarily due to the fact that it is restricted to high command on every department which is already a very low percentage of the gov playerbase.  In addition to this statement I do understand the annoyance I've been on both sides of this situation, and would personally say the Barrett M82 deals far more damage and annoyance then the frags. Aswell as the use of gas grenades, these have been taken out of most situations either by change to engagement rules via the MOTD or by high command denying use of them entirely.

In conclusion I feel this suggestion isn't what the server needs in terms of balancing, mainly due to the factor of the rarity of this happening to general players out of faction or raiding in a party of 5+.

• Like 1