General Suggestion - Make D Block fun again - Denied

Bossatron1924

1 minute ago, Rex Velvet said:

Your reasoning solely revolves around SCP realism and Gensec gameplay. You seem to be ignorant of how new players start on D-class and equally ignorant of how many new players are turned away by Gensec and mtf sitting at the top of the elevator during partial. Admittedly, you acknowledge giving dclass more things to do in RP, so credit there. My suggestion would be to add 2 smaller elevators, 1 leading to lounge and the other to mines to allow for players who want to gamble or mine to be able to do so while partial is on and to allow for more dynamic riots, which would be more fun for both parties while on partial, because I would be astonished if sitting at the top of elevator, shooting down at ppl with 100hp, was even remotely fun with its lack of any difficulty. 

I think your idea of adding elevators to lounge and mines are not bad ideas. I think that would be very new-player friendly. This suggestion is for something different however.
This suggestion includes many other changes to D-block which are either not-possible right now or are not good ideas in my opinion.

My logic around SCP realism should make sense as we are and SCP server and should at least attempt to imitate lore to some extent. I mean, if it was lore D-Class would stay in a cell and only be allowed out for small periods of time or for testing. The would also have small 1 per son wide fences for passing through to do testing.

Everyone goes up the elevator and dies to partial lockdown at least once, its how the server works. A big incentive for how difficult it is for D-Class to escape is for them to join a branch or to try and join CI if they really want to fight the foundation. So my "ignorance" comes from knowing the purpose of D-Class on the server.

Again, I like your idea of more elevators to Lounge and Mines, even thought they would be used to attack GenSec more often and it would make partial lockdown very different as now GenSec needs to watch 3 angles instead of 1. I would be ok if the side doors could be locked during partial to only open for keycards so that D-Class can still crack out but only make partial minorly more difficult.

Lets try to keep this thread focused on the current suggestion of Site-50 D-Block integration of which my original stance still applies.

6 minutes ago, Hex-G said:

I think your idea of adding elevators to lounge and mines are not bad ideas. I think that would be very new-player friendly. This suggestion is for something different however.
This suggestion includes many other changes to D-block which are either not-possible right now or are not good ideas in my opinion.

My logic around SCP realism should make sense as we are and SCP server and should at least attempt to imitate lore to some extent. I mean, if it was lore D-Class would stay in a cell and only be allowed out for small periods of time or for testing. The would also have small 1 per son wide fences for passing through to do testing.

Everyone goes up the elevator and dies to partial lockdown at least once, its how the server works. A big incentive for how difficult it is for D-Class to escape is for them to join a branch or to try and join CI if they really want to fight the foundation. So my "ignorance" comes from knowing the purpose of D-Class on the server.

Again, I like your idea of more elevators to Lounge and Mines, even thought they would be used to attack GenSec more often and it would make partial lockdown very different as now GenSec needs to watch 3 angles instead of 1. I would be ok if the side doors could be locked during partial to only open for keycards so that D-Class can still crack out but only make partial minorly more difficult.

Lets try to keep this thread focused on the current suggestion of Site-50 D-Block integration of which my original stance still applies.

Again, you are giving into SCP realism at the cost of new players since many get turned away by partials lasting 40 + min and mtf camping the top. If you believe that the "purpose" of dclass is to be coerced, via constantly dying on elevator, by gensec and mtf into joining another branch, that is just ridiculous. Dclass should be fun in itself. For every dclass that is pushed into joining another branch due to the fact they hate the current state of dblock, there is atleast 1, if not more, that is turned away from the server in full by their first experience being so poor. Now we must regard rule 14 of the forums. 

+Support add the elevators pls

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 8:35 AM, Hex-G said:

There are no branches that need to escape D-block? D-Class ig you could consider as a branch but there is no formal structure for D-Class, they are meant to be chaotic and only as organized as a bunch of random players can make them. Yes, D-block is gensec sided. It was literally built by the foundation to keep D-Class inside and prevent them from escaping. This is not a fair 1 v 1 TDM arena, its for prisoners. The way D-Class can win is by using cunning tactics and coordinating with each other. The assistance of CI is a massive help to both factions when it comes to raids and escaping.

the chaos insurgency you have to escape on dclass or apply but most people joining the server obivously wont now the ladder so if they have the chance to escape that option becomes avaliable to them

Real Ass G
the sopranos smoking GIF

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 12:59 PM, Rito said:

+Support

Great idea, and I believe it would make it way more enjoyable for both D-Class and Gensec and even MTF guarding D-Block to be on the lookout for 2 different spots

However this needs map editing, and I don't remember if it is possible to just temper with the map like that sadly.

+Support

Dblock needs some love when it comes to map changes as well. It makes the server more enjoyable for the Dblock players.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

+support in its current state you can barely riot 
most new players do not have a fourms account nor are they invested enough after being killed with no counter for an hour that they want to make one to apply for ci you have to remember that DClass are starting branch YOU have to let them have a chance to escape 

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

6 minutes ago, Dick Grayson said:

+support in its current state you can barely riot 
most new players do not have a fourms account nor are they invested enough after being killed with no counter for an hour that they want to make one to apply for ci you have to remember that DClass are starting branch YOU have to let them have a chance to escape 

Former: CI COL, S6 Sidious VI, A1 SPC

• 1 month later...