Add Rule to Barret M82 - Denied

Sammy Sprinkler

What you want to see? - Add a rule where you can't put away and take out the Barret M82 to remove the firing cooldown.

Why should we add it? - I'm tired of being blasted by a gun that does 1500 damage per shot, and when it's supposed to have a cooldown, people just use an exploit to remove it. It goes against the whole point of having a firing cooldown on the gun and gives an unfair advantage to the user, as if having a 1 shot gun isn't an unfair advantage enough. Honestly, I think this should fall under common sense to not use a bug to get rid of an intentional cooldown, but a lot of people use this glitch anyway.

What are the advantages of having this? - Removes the ability for people to negate an intentional cooldown on a 1500 damage gun.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone (with a Barret M82)

Links to any content - 

Clip of this bug working: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/HzY6akUzeAQCd/d1337fL12lTf?invite=cr-MSxWaGosOTM0Mjk0MjUs

Clip of normal Barret M82 cooldown: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/HzYiJijrk4KbC/d1337q6h4Acx?invite=cr-MSxFNFEsOTM0Mjk0MjUs

+support

I would find this under to be under exploiting so I feel like its already technically a rule. I would be down for a more clear version but if I was to handle a sit like this I would run it under exploiting.  It would also be another hard one to prove tbh.

Current Positions:

Trooper Colonel of Illinois State Police / Sergeant Major of Rockford Police

Emergency Medical Technician of Rockford EMS / Recruit in Delta Force

49 minutes ago, Dry said:

+support

I would find this under to be under exploiting so I feel like its already technically a rule. I would be down for a more clear version but if I was to handle a sit like this I would run it under exploiting.  It would also be another hard one to prove tbh.

I Agree with dry, exploits of any kinda have always and will stay against the rules. though more clarification with this would be nice to have both to clarify to other players and to assist in enforcing it in staff situations.

+ Support

I agree with this, this is an exploit of shooting the Barret twice without waiting the cooldown on it.

From watching the 1st video of the exploit, from what I'm seeing your what, weapon scroll wheel switching/hitting Alt to switch weapons and then switching back to the Barret? To exploit the cooldown on shooting it, but whether or not this is a thing you can fix and stop people from exploiting that though is the overall question?

Edited by Ecott

DF Commander | CERT Team LeaderGaming Light Legend Mr Top Donator

• Head of Staff

+/- Support 

tbh I never know there was a reloading exploit with the barret until this post. Does this only happen with the barret? I think a better alternative solution is to see if a developer can work on something to fix this issue. On the other hand, this fits under the exploitation rule, and if you see someone do it I recommend you either make a /report in game, or a make a player player report on here. To tell if someone is doing this, it’s a good way to countdown the same time it normally takes to reload the barret, and then compare. To my knowledge it takes about 5-7 seconds (I’ll test in game and edit the post upon getting the exact time). 

dM43pL3.png

7 hours ago, Cuke AKA TheBomb said:

+support

Why isn't this a rule

2 hours ago, scor said:

+/- Support 

tbh I never know there was a reloading exploit with the barret until this post. Does this only happen with the barret? I think a better alternative solution is to see if a developer can work on something to fix this issue. On the other hand, this fits under the exploitation rule, and if you see someone do it I recommend you either make a /report in game, or a make a player player report on here. To tell if someone is doing this, it’s a good way to countdown the same time it normally takes to reload the barret, and then compare. To my knowledge it takes about 5-7 seconds (I’ll test in game and edit the post upon getting the exact time). 

PoliceRP Moderator.

PD MSGT,SS SA,USMS DSAC,DF PVT,EMS PM

Previous: USMS CMA,SS DD, Police RP SNR Mod.

2 hours ago, The Bats said:

+/- Support

This is already against the rules. (Exploiting a glitch)

Is this something that could be fixed by one of our beautiful developers?

i made this just to be safe as im not sure if it is fixable or not and to not put in a bunch of bug reports, forum reports, or ingame reports regarding this issue with the Barret M82

1 hour ago, The Bats said:

+/- Support

This is already against the rules. (Exploiting a glitch)

Is this something that could be fixed by one of our beautiful developers?

Current: PD Sergeant Major | SRT SSGT | USMS Low Command CMA!|EMS PARA | PPD UDO 

Former: Purge SGM | Brawler(BDS) | Storm trooper LCPL | CI RCT | PoliceRP Senior Moderator | PoliceRP Event Team | USMS LTMAR(Best one frfr) | HRT SSC | 

• Head Admin

+Support

-This is exploiting and definitely should be reported to staff in-game if it is happening.

20 hours ago, Ecott said:

+ Support

I agree with this, this is an exploit of shooting the Barret twice without waiting the cooldown on it.

From watching the 1st video of the exploit, from what I'm seeing your what, weapon scroll wheel switching/hitting Alt to switch weapons and then switching back to the Barret? To exploit the cooldown on shooting it, but whether or not this is a thing you can fix and stop people from exploiting that though is the overall question?

PoliceRP I Head Admin I PD: Colonel I Retired SWAT Commander Deputy Sheriff 

ImperialRP I Retired Grand Inquisitor 47th Battalion I Chimaera Legion I

-support

how would this be a made a rule what if I player wants to switch to a shot gun after he shoots his barret and say the other player starts backing up if he were to pull the Barrett out that would be “exploiting” with gov run speed they can create distance very quickly on top of this players have muscle memory doing this the same way you would hopping while fighting lots of players that use Barretts are gonna get warned for something there used to doing. 

PD SM | SWAT LT | SL Consigliere 

MLG Pro Negev player 

#buffthenegev2023

rfawfa.png.7b7c7a61861c5b4a13bf66567ce2fb82.png