Question about breaking in.

Nyxus_PR2

Personally If I was a staff member and received the sit I wouldn't have given you a warning(if you did get one) I would've just corrected your base if it was incorrect technically you need a KOS sign displayed. However it is also technically under the general rules of RP that you would defend your home(base) against intruders. It would really be up to the discretion of the staff member whether you were right or wrong because it could be argued both ways. Its not like you mass RDM'd or disrupted other users RP seems like you killed the person that raided you and they got upset and were looking for compensation.

In my opinion its kind of a grey area because the MOTD clearly states a KOS sign is required(not sure if you had one). However it also declares to treat RP as if it were real life so realistically people  defend their homes from intruders frequently IRL. If I had taken the sit I would've verified you had a KOS sign displayed in the occasion you didn't I would have asked you to display one.  But this also has been a topic of controversy over the years with different JMT/SMT members having different opinions regarding the matter. (In the past I have asked numerous JMT/SMT all with different opinions.)

Option 1: No KOS sign you kill the person raiding you get warned for RDM for not having a KOS sign.

Option 2: No KOS sign you kill the person raiding you and argue it was under the "treat rp as if it was real life rule", maybe get warned and the warn would most likely be final if appealed.

Option 3: KOS sign kill the person raiding you 100% justified (unless other factors play a role such as FearRP)

If you were just reported because you killed someone who was raiding you when you clearly had a KOS sign then no you shouldn't have been reported. I also haven't been staff in quite awhile and this topic could have been discussed in a staff meeting and clarity could have been given. So I could be completely wrong .

Edited by Lil Yachty

21 hours ago, Nyxus_PR2 said:

I had a KOS sign upimage.png.f65fe7bd9e5b782884f5325f97b5ad6e.png like that, but it was on the other side of the place.

As long as the sign was "clearly visible" which mostly pertains to the size and coloring of the sign you would be fine. Also if I remember correctly all bases property lines end at the side walk or a reasonable location between. That picture you posted would be reasonable for a KOS sign, and yes adverting "Warning 1/2/3 leave or be killed" for example is another way to not break the MOTD however having a KOS sign is all you need. 

Edited by Lil Yachty

• 5 weeks later...