Falkery's Officer Application

Parkerxxx

Officer Application Format

What is your in game name? Parker/Falkery

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:117202431

What is your current rank? Sergeant First Class

How long have you been in Nova? Over 1 month- less than 2 I believe

How will you assist command with this rank? [75+ words]

As an officer you are the person who does much of the grunt work of the regiment. Officer responsibilities are many but consist of overseeing enlisted ranks of any battalion when talking about all regiments. As an officer I can assist in several ways such as ideas for the future of Nova, help with roster development, monitoring of enlisted, and appropriate handling of in and out of game situations. Looking at each rank, every area of rank needs different help. Command needs officers to perform active duties such as tryouts and sims to keep activity up and people enjoying the regiment. As an officer I am not only here to be an officer but to assist my fellow officers in whatever they need. For example if they have to step away from game i can help takeover what they were doing.  Overall, with command I can see mainly assisting in general duties, regimental relations, and overall assistance from my vast gmod experience. I have too many hours in this game and seem to want more....

Why do you want to become an Officer? [75+]
Why do I want officer, well honestly my friends are both officers now at least Warden and Salad/Zeus, Warden was a main reason why I joined the regiment and with the hectic month its been I want to at least do something I enjoy more with the people I play with all the time. Officer to me doesn't make a difference on who you are but who you get to talk with more is a big difference.  Currently its sad to say there are basically 1 or 2 NCOs and I have not been on to see the others currently. Its not anyone's fault its like that but its one of the reasons why I want to become an officer. Officer I play no different to anything else. They are just as important as any other person, though they get the responsibility of making sure people have fun and the regiment stays active. I want to at least help in this regard and have fun with the people I know, be it in assisting them in SIMs, Tryouts or Events. While I have said many things so far it is not any easy thing to be an officer which is why ive  done the command position before and dont see myself having much of an interest currently leading an entire regiment again.  As stated in the other section this was on a different server...

Do you have any experience leading / being an Officer?
While not on this server I've been the highest-ranking trooper you can achieve based on that servers rules. On that server it was 501st Commander. I was Commander for a  2 years. I left the server for a variety of reasons but enjoyed part of my time there. While I would say that gives me some credit, I have made my own  rosters before as the other servers did not do that. I can at least give my knowledge on document related areas as Ive made a ton of documents for RP related rules. For Gaminglight you guys do an outstanding job so i doubt I would really improving much on that side of things. 

If you wish to verify this i can provide some old screenshots of this. But at least my proudest achievement I believe was working with the server modeler to make the 501st models that almost every server uses. I came up with the design ideas for them, while the modeler i guess did the real work into developing my ideas into there final form. Any questions on those models i can answer from my hazy memory of those times.  If you are curious on the server let me know ill detail why i left that one.

What is the purpose/duty of an Officer? [100+]
The purpose of an officer is to serve the regiment. It is not to assert authority, not to gloat over a fellow trooper, but to lead and work with troopers to have fun and make sure the regiment is working properly. They are the eyes and ears of the regiment. They have the job to report anything that is not good and that is good. They are the people who do all the work to make sure they have a job on the server. In real life just as in the game, officers lead troops and make the final decisions in many cases. In the case of this server, from what I have gathered just like all other servers. Officers are required to perform tryouts, simulations, and help in events to make sure new regiment members are 1. having fun, and 2. doing what is expected of them.  Officers are major representatives of the regiment and must be on best behavior at all times. They are the main face most people see on the day to day...

What qualifies you to be an officer? [100+] 
What qualifies me? That question I find vague in a sense and Ill explain.  Officers can be anyone who has the determination to be one. While of course you can have good and bad officers, no one can be prevented to becoming one, assuming they have worked for it. Qualities I possess are more of related to out of game knowledge of Star Wars and GMOD itself. 
1. My experience on several servers has seen me see what works and what doesn't. I would say Gaming light is great but not perfect. As an NCO here I can already point out issues which have been either stated or found myself. While I'm not saying its anyone's fault, its more of just things I've seen. The Tryout and training log documents in nova documents are outdated and need to be removed.  As a suggestion to this of course is to fix this and replace it with the new document in NCO Chat. Another thing which is a suggestion is to see if there is anything we can reduce a bit down. For example we have the UDR guidelines twice, one on SOP and one in a separate document. Might make it easier just to have it all on the SOP rather than have separate documents. Again ideas for making easier ways to manage things. Overall my quality here its the ability to give input on anything going on, i don't hold back an opinion and will flatty state what I think about it. If people do not like this opinion I understand but I would rather have someone understand my point of view than not. 

2. My experience as a tabletop game master, and book lover has given me much lore and knowledge about the universe. I enjoy learning about new things and this could be handy at expanding what we currently do. For RP wise I had the idea of bunk inspections. Other server perform bunk inspections and you could do something ther in RP. I am not going to explain my entire idea here but at least is something i suggest if it hasn't been done before. 

3. Lastly my past experience is something that I would say is a quality. Its given me the experience to see all types of officers. From terrible officers, to great ones. For some context I was a Commander on a semi serious server and that itself had a wide variety of officers in every battalion

Overall, my belief in the qualities of a officer are not beholden to the rank officer but to the person and what they believe is there function. Though the one requirement is that they follow all the rules and do whats expected of them. No officers are not treated any different than troopers

Do you understand you will be on a 1-2 week trial period? Yep, trial period does not hinder me. If I screw up I understand Ill be demoted down

Edited by Parkerxxx

Former Moderator. Admiral Garrick Versio, Security Director, (Longtime SSO) Nova BHS Major Falkery NT05
spacer.png

+support

-Very good app!

Current: Sovereign Protector| Super Admin |

Former: DT NCO|SHGL| Agent Kallus | Senior Moderator Clarence | First "Agent Kyle"

Nova CPT Former Shock LTCOL |Former shock VCMDR| Former Senior Mod                                                  

Pending

Please continue to work the Best you can, as Command is looking over this Application.
Also try to get more active for a rank like this 

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF

Denied

Unfortunately Nova Command doesn't believe you are fit to skip the ranks as of now. Please wait 4 Days before applying for the position again.

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF

• Bear_ locked this topic