Cecil's Senior Command Application

Cecil Stedmen

Am I fit/ready for the position of Archivist?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Am I fit/ready for the position of Archivist?

• Yes
    • No

In Game name: Cecil

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:65369818

ULX Rank: Platinum

What rank are you applying for?: Archivist

Why should you deserve this position? (300 words minimum):

An Introduction

I’m going to be honest, I didn’t initially intend to apply for archivist but after being told by other Delta Command from both Military and RnD that I’d make a great Archivist and should apply for senior command. I decided I need to step up and help make this branch the best I can possibly be. I care a LOT about RnD and want what's best for this branch. I will show with this application that while I am relatively new to Gaminglight SCP-RP compared to other candidates, I am an excellent fit for the rank of archivist. This section of the application will be formatted in the form of an F.A.Q which will break the application up in a way that is easiest to understand.

How Do I Lead?

I like to lead by example, this is by always showing a professional and calm attitude whenever possible if I am on CI RnD, which allows me to be a good role model for low ranking CI RnD. This calm and collected attitude benefits me a lot in the event I have to deal with command situations such as reports on agents as it allows me to leave emotions at the door and just focus on the facts of the situation rather than let any personal opinions play into it. Which also leads me into my next section about punishments, I operate under the assumption that people can improve until they have shown significant evidence that they refuse to do so; which is why I only strike if absolutely necessary unless it’s a rule which results in an automatic strike such as missing a meeting without putting an excuse. When operating under this assumption, it helps to bring the best out of lower ranking personnel and gives them a fair opportunity to show command they are capable of correct SOP/MOTD breaking behavior. When on the field or in game, I help out lower ranks as much as possible such as teaching them how to interrogate and helping them come up with test ideas for future tests. In general, my goal as a leader is to bring the best out of those under me

How Active Am I in CI RnD?

My activity is insane compared to a lot of other command members, one look at my battle metrics alone would prove my activity is high compared to a lot of other candidates. 

https://www.battlemetrics.com/players/929602174

Only reason it’s been dropping a little recently was spending time with family and taking short breaks here and there but other commands can vouch for the fact that even during those times, I was actively involved in the matters involving CI RnD and still showed dedication and care to the branch.

What is My Reputation on SCP-RP and Gaminglight as a Whole?

When I first joined for a little bit back in 2019 I will be honest, I was a huge minge and got myself 2 warnings before dipping from the server and gaminglight. However, I rejoined gaminglight in early 2021 on the PoliceRP server and quickly developed an excellent reputation, quickly getting command in both FBI/EMS. I worked hard in both departments, striving to make them more professional, fun, and active through various methods such as hosting prize contests and “non-mandatories” as PTs were called which were not often hosted and often spent hours prepping in advance. I then joined SCPRP and realizing how much fun I was having there, decided to focus on SCPRP full time. In my 48 hours for FBI/EMS, the directors for each respective branch stated “Truly sad to see you go Cecil, you went above and beyond in your time as a command member and I can't thank you enough for the time and effort you put into FBI, you'll always be welcomed back anytime.” and “Hey man, you have been in the department for a while now and I cannot thank you enough for helping me and other low and high command with work in EMS. You truly put a lot of effort into EMS and I simply cannot thank you enough”. Now you may be asking, why am I mentioning experience from another gaminglight server? Isn’t this SCPRP? I believe this is relevant to my reputation as these events occurred recently and offer a lot to show how I acted as a command member there, showed how dedicated I was as a command member there before transferring, and showed the respect I earned from that gaminglight server due to my hard work. Before continuing, I will be posting these 48 hours so I can prove I am not lying about what I am saying.

https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/84291-cecils-48-hours-for-both-emsrru/

https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/83973-cecils-48-hours/

Now, let's fast forward to the present and explain what is likely more important in y’all's eyes. My reputation I earned on SCPRP when I recently rejoined and took it seriously. I rejoined around the 25th-27th of November and joined CI RnD on the 28th of November. I quickly developed a reputation as a professional and mature person and showed command very quickly that I was a natural leader/role model and fit for command. Since my short time in command, I quickly showed my passion for CI RnD, by working my tail off and doing my part to improve the branch as best as I possibly can. Which I did not only by being as active as I could, but by also investigating and looking for problems within the branch and then concocted theoretical solutions to best fix said problems. Which I’ll go into in another section of this application. What is relevant in terms of my reputation however was that other delta command saw me as someone who was dedicated and mature. Which is why some of them encouraged me to gun for Archivist. In conclusion for this section, I have an excellent community wide reputation, including but not limited to SCPRP which for this application, probably matters the most. I know I am relatively new compared to other applicants but I believe in my short time on SCP-RP I have developed an excellent reputation amongst CI and the community.

How Dedicated Am I to CI RnD?

I am a VERY dedicated person to CI RnD, the only branches I am in currently are CI RnD and CI Military, with a heavy focus on CI RnD. I care about this branch ALOT and want what's best for the branch. I mentioned in the reputation section how I quickly found problems within the branch and worked to develop solutions. One prime example of this was realizing that the questions on the FTO quiz had excessive trick questions that were leading to people failing even though they had technically gotten the question right, resulting in people failing the test despite demonstrating they possessed the knowledge present on the SOP which several other delta command saw and realized we found a factor that might be contributing negatively to RnD’s activity. Another thing I do is that when I grade test logs/interrogation logs, I write how what they did when they get something that warrants points being taken off and then explain how they can improve the test log, while also encouraging them to improve and do better so they don’t feel discouraged about writing test logs in the future! Going to post 2 examples of how I grade test logs below!

https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/85048-scp-1845-march-of-the-animals/

https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/85017-scp-433-a-holly-ritual/

I am dedicated to the improvement of this branch and hope you see, even just a little, that I am dedicated to improving the health of CI RnD day in and day out.

Conclusion

I know I had a lot to say for this part of my application, but it is because I want everyone looking over my application just how much I believe I deserve this position despite being relatively new to the server compared to other applicants. I know I only have 2 weeks on the server and have been in CI RnD for a relatively short period of time, but I am extremely dedicated to CI RnD and will stop at NOTHING to ensure that RnD is the best it can possibly be.

Give an example of a time where your leadership showed best on this server (100 words minimum): (Names will not be discussed and the event will be kept intentionally vague to keep parties involves anonymous) A raid was being done by CI and we managed to capture 2 people, one of them being a low command and the other being a low ranking enlisted. An RnD member attempted to claim dibs on the command member, the other RnD protested stating they captured the command member and should therefore get to interrogate the individual (they attended the raid as a military donator class). The argument was starting to escalate and realized that if someone didn’t intervene, the argument could get pretty bad and interfere with raid communications, putting the raid in jeopardy. I quickly concocted a solution to stop the argument, I knew one of them was a bio-engineer and since they can assist interrogations as medical. I instructed the one with the bio-engineer certification to act as medical for the interrogation of the command member and help the other RnD member with the interrogation. The enlisted  personnel we captured I simply instructed to either be brainwashed or sold back to the foundation since I knew we weren’t gonna get much out of them anyways. This quick thinking stopped the argument and kept battle comms intact without the need to punish anyone or threaten punishment. I know this isn’t an extravagant out of the world 4d chess move example but I believe it shows best that I can keep RnD running smoothly during day to day operations, which is arguably very important for a command member to do.

How active would you be: 9.5/10 (Literally a NEET who lives on Gaminglight)

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

5 hours ago, Gordan said:

+support 

Though I will say battle metric scores mean jack shit because AFK activity gets counted and as you know no work gets done if you are AFK. 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+Support

We ask for application

We get *Essay* 

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

• 2 weeks later...

+ support 

Reasons being 

Really Active in game 

easy to talk too 

very good command member in RnD  

is the newly head of field research  

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF