General Suggestion - 8286 Thermals - Denied

9Jordan

What are you suggesting? - If 8286 encounters a cloaked unit when in alien form, the unit is required to uncloak when engaging with 8286, or when the unit is within visible proximity to 8286.

How would this change better the server? - Stop cloaking from being a hard counter to alien-form 8286.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I do not think there are any disadvantages here.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 8286 players as it is a buff. This incident is probably very rare, but, I think this is a beneficial QOL change as cloaked units can just cloak when close to 8286 to avoid being taken by him (There is no MOTD justified way for 8286 to take a cloaked unit even if 8286 knows they are right in-front of him.) Cloaked units can just open a door, back up and then shoot 8286 to avoid being skinned. Or, they can wait for 8286 to be down a long corridor before making attacking. They have no risk in engaging with Alien 8286 when using their cloak. 

edit: Did not see the important detail about the changes to cloaking. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with an SCP like 8286. For the most part I think this suggestion is void, given these upcoming changes.

Edited by Glass
Changes to cloaking

Minge | Stop calling me Captain Price | "Crazy New Zealander" | 'Stubborn' | Evidently Controversial 

- Support

While I do agree that cloaking counters 8286 (And SCPs in general), cloaking is gonna get nerfed soon anyways.

Also, normally, 8286 is already disguised within 2-3 minutes of being breached, so it doesn’t really make sense

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

8 minutes ago, Diz said:

- Support

While I do agree that cloaking counters 8286 (And SCPs in general), cloaking is gonna get nerfed soon anyways.

Also, normally, 8286 is already disguised within 2-3 minutes of being breached, so it doesn’t really make sense

Thermals are going to be yeeted soon anyways. -support.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

-support uneeded suggestion since thermals are going away soon

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

• 4 weeks later...