Raptor's Delta-5 "Front-Runners" Command Application

ACOG vR4PTOR

Your In-Game Name: 

Raptor

STEAM ID: 

STEAM_0:0:526970293

How long have you been playing on the server for?: 

I have been playing on the server for almost 2 years.

List all of the RP ranks you hold on the server. (MTF, Gensec, Etc.) : 

Currently I hold no active ranks on the server, although I am a retired Major from Gensec.

What Command position are you applying for? (list two): 

I am applying for LTCOL and MAJ

Why do you want to become Delta-5 Command? (250+ Words):

I want to become Delta-5 “Front Runners” Command for 2 main reasons, but also a third reason that plays into the second reason. The first reason I want to become D5 Command is the “Redacted” side of the branch. Throughout my time in Gensec, I would always see the RRH Guardians and D4 Operatives. I thought they were the coolest thing and I was deeply interested in joining the RRH Guardian Squadron. Unfortunately, there were many others who had similar aspirations at the time and were ultimately picked over me. I see Delta-5  “Front Runners” as a new second chance to become one of these “redacted” units that I previously was heavily desiring to become. My second reason for wanting to become Delta-5 “Front Runners” Command is my want to come back to the server and the great and awesome community that comes along with the server itself. During summer, I was still a proud Major in Gensec. I really enjoyed the branch but I found myself not wanting to get on due to a combination of being burnt out and marching band-related activities sucking up the last of my free time available. Even though it may have been hard to tell from the outside, having to leave Gensec was not very easy for me as I really enjoyed the branch and all the people I met inside the branch’s command. Now that winter is coming, the marching band season is coming to a swift end. I will have LOADS of free time and I would love to get to spend it back on the server as a part of a new branch led by some people I know very well from my previous experiences on the server. My third and final reason for wanting to become Delta 5 “Front Runners” Command is my passion for GamingLight SCP-RP and the people who make the community as awesome as it is. Back when I joined GamingLight SCP-RP I was very bored. I had previously been doing lots of military simulation/roleplay-type stuff with the game ARMA 3 and Battlefield 4. I had been doing these simulation/roleplay groups for a few years and had gotten really bored with it. As soon as I joined GamingLight SCP-RP and enlisted into Gensec, I instantly felt welcomed, accepted, respected, and valued. It was a place where I could be having the worst day of my life, but still, I could have a place to leave all the bad things in my life behind and truly have a great time. The people who I worked with were huge role models for me and really taught me so many things that I would have never learned if I hadn’t joined when I did. Now that I am coming back into the community, my number one goal and aspiration is to re-create this type of experience for others that I was so privileged to be a part of. By joining Delta-5 “Front Runners” Command, hopefully, as Senior Command or higher, I promise to strive to re-create this magical world of fun, imagination, and friendliness to the best of my ability through showing my ever-lasting dedication, determination, and strength. If being in Gensec for as long as I was taught me anything, it will not be easy. The fact of the matter is nothing in our world today that is truly good will ever come easy.

Why do you feel you are the best option for this position? (150+ Words): 

I feel that I am the best option for LTCOL/MAJ for 3 reasons. First, my dedication to my branch. In and out I am extremely dedicated. Throughout my time on GamingLight, I have almost exclusively played as a part of Gensec. Each time I would join another branch on the side being a part of Gensec CMD, I would always find myself leaving these branches shortly after joining because something happened in Gensec that I felt required my attention and therefore I felt comfortable putting 100% of my effort and time on the server into whatever happened. My second reason is my ability to analyze and read hostile situations extremely quickly, and then lead groups of people to succeed in these harsh situations. If you think about what Gensec leadership inside of D-Block effectively does, we are constantly analyzing situations, making inferences based on what we have analyzed, and then instructing people around us to be successful in real-time. D-Block is filled with hostile situations, involving many constantly changing variables that must be accounted for each second. As an example, there are constantly D-Class, D-Class CC’s, CI Infils and raids, researchers and MTF coming in to collect D-Class, SCP’s to be fed and re-contained, Sarkick raids, and many others. In this type of environment, the smallest thing you overlook can easily be yours, and the rest of the LCZ’s downfall. This creates very stressful situations that very few people are able to contend with effectively. I spent half a year leading in these environments and have gained overwhelming amounts of experience dealing with these stress-filled environments. Finally, my third reason for why I feel that I am the best option for Delta-5 "Front-Runners" Command is because I am a retired member, and now that I coming back into the community, I will be able to fully dedicate myself to Delta-5 "Front-Runners" unlike many of the other candidates for LTCOL/MAJ. I spent a few months getting some variety with other games/servers and now that I am coming back, I will be fully refreshed and ready to pour every ounce of energy I have into Delta-5 "Front-Runners". I am ready and prepared to stay up as late as I am needed and to be on as early as I am requested.

Why should we trust you for this position?:

Simply put, I have an excellent reputation around the server, I am a trustworthy person, I have plenty of previous leadership experience, and I show dedication, determination, and strength at every level of what I do.

Do you have past leadership / command experience? If so please list them. (Limit it to Gmod only please): 

I spent around 5 to 7 months as a part of Security LCMD and SCMD.

You are in LCZ and Security is requesting assistance due to a Mass D Block Riot; however, Chaos Insurgency has been called out for taking a SCP in HCZ. What would you do in this situation, and why?:

First thing I would do is figure out how many Delta 5 “Front Runners” are online. If there are more than 8 or so online, I would send one enlisted and one NCO down to D-Block to assist Gensec and keep the other Delta-5 “Front Runners”. If there are not enough Delta-5 “Front Runners” operatives online, I prioritize the CI raid over D-Block.

You come face to face to a Junior Researcher in LCZ. They are going on and on about a suspected breached SCP nearby. They do not seem trustworthy and have a bad track record. What do you do in this situation?:

I make note of what the researcher has told me and ask around in Foundation Forces Comms if anyone is aware of any breaches. If no one is aware of any breaches and it seems like the researcher may be lying to get attention, I will have a Delta-5 “Front Runners”  Senior NCO stay with the researcher while I lead a group of operatives to the location of the breach to investigate the situation. Either way Delta-5 “Front Runners” operatives would be sent to deal with the breached SCP if there is one.

What would you do if those under your command are not following orders and are breaking the SOP?:

Depending on the severity of what all they did, I may do a couple of things. If it was a minor incident and the rule they broke wasn't a major rule, I would most likely sit down with the individual responsible and talk with them about what they did wrong, how it could have been prevented, and how to prevent a similar incident from occurring again. As long as respect and maturity is preserved throughout the talk, I will generally be fairly forgiving. On the other hand, If a serious incident happened where multiple important rules were broken, I would still have the same talk that I mentioned before with the individual who was responsible. After talking with them, I would then consider everything that happened, and if possible I would attempt to give them a decision in regards to their punishment. I find that giving people a decision to make about how they will be punished typically leads to fewer repeat offenders and is worth the extra time and effort if It will prevent future mishaps.

How would you react to someone asking to be put into Delta-5 without a tryout and to be fast promoted?:

I would instantly make other CMD aware of what is happening and make sure they are checking when members are being promoted to keep another mishap from occurring. I am all for awarding those who prove themselves to be above what is asked of them, but there are promotion cool downs for a reason.

Explain how you would react to receiving an anonymous tip about a GOI group: 

I would listen to what the tip details. I likely would be a little hesitant at first to send an entire fireteam of enlisted to the area due to the anonymous nature of the information. However there would still be D5 Operatives sent to the situation, they would just be coming into the situation with more situational awareness and the idea of expecting it to be a trap to ensure they are prepared for the worst if the tip turns out to be of malicious nature.

Do you promise to uphold your duties as a command member of Delta-5 and to represent Delta-5 to the public?:

Yes

Do you promise to be committed to Delta-5 and to lead by example if you are accepted into Delta-5?: 

Yes

Do you promise to treat others with respect, listen to superiors, hear out your subordinates, and live up to your name as Delta-5 Command?: 

Yes

Thank you for taking the time to read my application! - Raptor

Edited by ACOG vR4PTOR

• Toasty locked this topic