Trix's Main Discord Ban Appeal - Denied

Trix

Your name: Trix

Your Discord ID name (EX: Igneous#3706): Trix#8104

Your Discord ID code (EX: 204661777512923136): 434457793370652683

Which discord server were you banned on? Main Discord

What was the reason for your ban (if you know it)? Probably for posting a fake virus link. ukrainehackerassociation (which isn't even a real website) not like they could've checked to see if it was a virus anyway.

Why do you deserve to be unbanned? Because it wasn't a real virus link. Go ahead. You can check. No warning, no message deletion. I didn't even post it with a link. It was a meme, not a damn phishing link. If I wanted to actually get someone I would've done it in DMs. Sorry people can't tell what a joke is, but that doesn't deserve an immediate ban from someone who also has previous chatting, not just one time like a bot.

22 hours ago, The Gaming Goat said:

Correct me if im wrong but I think the bot auto bans people who post certain links/files under a certain role level.

+/- support waiting on someone to bring more light to this.

He was banned by Eternity

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

I get that you say it was a joke, but Gaminglight takes a very dim view on spam, viruses, hacking, etc. Assuming this gets accepted, I'd advise you to not post stuff related to these going forward. You also can't expect people to verify the link by clicking on it and possibly exposing their computers.

As for support, +/- leaning a little toward +. It was a dumb thing to do and did violate our rules (possibly discord community guidelines depending on how you look at it), but it was fake and caused no direct harm.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 1:27 PM, Pillercat said:

I get that you say it was a joke, but Gaminglight takes a very dim view on spam, viruses, hacking, etc. Assuming this gets accepted, I'd advise you to not post stuff related to these going forward. You also can't expect people to verify the link by clicking on it and possibly exposing their computers.

As for support, +/- leaning a little toward +. It was a dumb thing to do and did violate our rules (possibly discord community guidelines depending on how you look at it), but it was fake and caused no direct harm.

+support 

Hi Trix its been awhile 

Imperial Senate Guard Taggart

Former: Star-Fighter Wing Commander | Shock Lt. Colonel | Gamemaster

Short People GIF

+/- support

Normally for bad jokes gone wrong, and given enough time period between the ban and the appeal, sure, id be more than willing to support, especially since from my understanding all you posted was a fake site name, not a url persay (unless im wrong)

However in your appeal it looks like you are taking zero responsibility for your actions on a "bad joke", scape-goating the issue, and blaming people who "can't tell what a joke is" and honestly makes me question your ability to act maturely and professionally in our community

This was what I feel like could have been a relatively simple appeal, just wait a bit, appeal, apologize for what and why you did it, and done, but thats not what happened and that leaves me with doubt.

LTThayzeproper.png.4c289949530f0c6553353cabf72af743.png

Aviation fanatic and all things loud

Also some random discord mod  in a far away world