Jintao's Gamemaster Application

Jintao

POLL  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is Jintao fit to be a Gamemaster?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

In-game name: Jintao (though in DT and IF so my name is redacted, go by TA0 in DT)

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:604467309

Current RP rank on StarWarsRP:  Trial Agent / PVT (IF / DT)

Have you donated to the server?: Gaminglight, yes, ImperialRP, no

Have you been banned on any GL server before?: No

Have you received any warnings (please give reasons if applicable)?: I received one warning on PoliceRP when I was trying to figure it out about 2 months ago, for breaching NLR.

How much time do you have on the server?: About 7 hours on ImperialRP before, but about a year or two ago I used to play and racked up a bit of time back then too on an old account linked to my dead-name.

How well do you know the LORE? Explain: I'm pretty comfortable with Star Wars lore, whilst I haven't watched every sideshow etc... I know a lot of intricate details and am able to comfortably write stories that fit well within the lore.

Why do you WANT to become a Gamemaster?: Whilst i love playing the server, a lot of my joy comes from making other people happy and have a good time and nothing does this more than being a Gamemaster. My head has been full with fascinating ways I could stimulate the troopers since I joined the server, different simulations I could host, on-ship, off-ship events and so much more. I'd love to be able to come on the server everyday and make people smile and really enjoy themselves in an event. Along with this, for the past two months now I've been stuck in hospital and I've really had nothing to use my mind for, and now that I've got my laptop back I'd love to put my mind and creativity to use in making some fantastic events for the players. Back on SCP-RP I was interested in becoming a member of the Event Team for these reasons too, but it's even more appealing to me on ImperialRP because of the heaps of lore available in the Star Wars universe and the pure variety of events it is possible to create. There is never really any limit on ImperialRP, you could spin a wheel to decide the topic of your event and it would still be able to be one of the most engaging events as long as you will it to be. Along with this, as I'm in GMT I would be able to come on in the mornings and give the early players something to do when the server is more quiet and this just ties back to my love for making people enjoy the server, and I hope that if I were to host these morning 'events' it might even boost the morning player counts.

Why should you be trusted to be a Game Master?: I have been staff on Gaminglight before (went up to Moderator on SCP-RP) and received no strikes during my time as a staff member. I was removed from my role ultimately due to my inactivity, but that goes back to external factors out of my control to do with being in hospital. Along with this, I have about 5 days of playtime on SCP-RP, and have never received a single warning on the server. I believe that I have shown maturity during my time playing on all Gaminglight servers. I'm also aware that I'm new to ImperialRP, but I would like to note that when I received my staff rank on SCP-RP, I only had 3 hours of playtime on the server. Along with this, despite me being pretty new to ImperialRP I am already in both DT and IF which I believe also shows that I am mature and very capable of following strict discipline. Finally, I've also had experience in running my own social platforms in the past (having maintained a Korean forums for about 5 years) in which I saw the effect that a bad member of staff or community engagement team could have on the community, and I'd never want to wish that on any community, let along Gaminglight.

Are you familiar/experiences with ULX?: I can confidently say that I am comfortable with any ULX command I've ever seen.

Are you experienced with being a Game Master and how they function?: I'm pretty experienced in Garry's Mod, and out of Garry's Mod. I've hosted custom Arma 3 operations before, I've hosted 3 day long events before for other servers and I have a natural talent for planning and organisation, which obviously helps with this. I may not be the most experienced personal applying, but I still think I have enough experience to be let into the team, and along with this, I'm a fast learner who's very open to constructive criticism if I'm doing something wrong. As for knowing how a Game Master functions, I've familiarised myself with the Gamemaster Guidelines almost to memory at this point which has really set out some lines for me to understand what I'd be doing as a Gamemaster at each rank, along with giving some really useful tips and guidelines.

Give a brief example of an on-ship event, as well as an example of an off-ship event: My on-ship example here will be a mainly passive event as, when I first join the event team, this is what I'll be hosting. For an on-ship event, I'd like to set up the ISD patrolling the sector as they have been tipped off about some illegal smuggling going on in the area. I would then set up a series of encounters, as the ISD will scan and pull in any ship that passes by until they find the illegal smuggler. The first encounter they would pull in would be some sort of 'party ship' of clearly drunk travelers. The drunk travelers would buzz around the MHB after being pulled in by the tractor beam until their ship is clear (as it contains nothing illegal) and they are sent on their way. Next up at being pulled in would be a bounty hunter, who, once pulled into the Star Destroyer is quite disgruntled and very hostile towards the Imperial. The Shock Troopers would be able to find some illegal weapons in his ship, but it would be clear he isn't the smuggler. It would be up to the Command if the bounty hunter is sent on his way or is arrested for the weapons. Finally, the ISD would finally pull in the actual smuggler's ship, containing two aliens. Once the goods are found on the ship and they are confirmed to be smugglers, they would put up a fight lasting all of 20 seconds before surrendering and begging for mercy. From here it'd be up to Command what to do with them.

This on-ship event may not be the most gripping event, but it's supposed to be a little bit of lighthearted fun in a passiveRP event, with a mixture of comedy and a little action.

For my off-ship event, I'd love to stage a kind of objective-based event, where the Imperial troops must hold a certain objective for a set amount of time to succeed in the event. If they are overrun and lose then the event is lost which may have repercussions in future events. This is to give events more weight behind them. We'll set this event on Kashyyyk (I don't think this map is on the server, but I'm going to use it as this base for my idea), in which the Imperial's mission is to land at the Imperial base stationed on the planet and defend it for 30 minutes whilst some Imperial shipments finish delivering from the location. The Rebels have been attacking this base almost non-stop for the past 3 days, and the Imperial reinforcements will be coming into an active war zone. It is important that the Imperial shipments are able to leave the base, otherwise the Rebels will get their hands on powerful Imperial weaponry and technology. The Command members would be encouraged to be creative and use whatever equipment they have available to them to defend this base, and my attacks on the base would vary depending on the types of troopers online and the types of defenses being used. For example, if I noticed that there were a lot of lightsaber users online, I would (using my ISB character) inform them that there is a Jedi in the caves on the planet, and that whilst the troopers defend the main base, they are to go and hunt him down. If I noticed there were a lot of heavy troopers online, I'd make some sort of mini-boss giant creature to come and attack the base. I'd evaluate how well the troopers are doing every five minutes and note it down, and once the shipments are cleared, I'd give them a new order: evacuate. The troopers would have to push out  of the base now to get to a designated landing zone, and anyone who dies during this process will be left behind. This, again, adds some amount of stakes to the battle. Once the troopers are on the ships and the ships have taken off, we'd go back to the map. The outcome of this event would now be decided by how well the troopers did. If the troopers got completely pushed out of the base (I see this as unlikely), the event would be a total disaster leading to the Kashyyyk cell of rebels now being immensely stronger than before and equipped with Imperial weapons. However, if the troopers did okay (this is determined by the notes I took earlier about how well they were doing every 5 minutes), but not fantastically, I could add in some minor consequences, such as perhaps the Rebels gaining one or two strong pieces of Imperial equipment. If the troopers did fantastically however, then the next event I would host could be some sort of follow-up in which they return to Kashyyyk and mow down the Rebels who do not have any Imperial weapons and are weak from the failed attack on the base.

All this is to say, when I host off-ship events I'd really like to have a feeling of something being on the line, along with having my events flow into each other rather than just being "go here, kill Rebels, event over never to be discussed again", but I wouldn't want all my events to be huge story-line events, even a normal event can tie into another one.

Do you know how to give a weapon/SWEP to yourself/someone? (Give an example): Depending on the permissions give to me (as I'm not too sure what they will be) I can either right click on the item in the spawn menu and press 'spawn with toolgun' and use that to spawn in the weapons, or use the !give ULX command like such: !give <player> <weapon_id> (you obtain the weapon_id by right clicking and pressing copy to clipboard in the spawn menu)

Do you know how to model yourself/someone? (Give an example): By using the ULX command: !model <player> <model_id> (model_id is obtained in the same way as the weapon_id)

Have you read the Gamemaster Guidelines?: I have thoroughly read the guidelines multiple times and am very comfortable with them.

Edited by Jintao
Added my names in DT

penguins.gif.c9ee9bd13f5fb0bca7424cf9f154fac1.gif

14 minutes ago, AO Commodore Zefer said:

+ Support 

- Jesus this guy really just gave us a Commander Size Application for a GM Application. 

- that kind of dedication is what GMs need 

Your still pretty new but everyone has to start somewhere 

SF SFL SRVW EX: Nova VCMDR EX: DT SGT 
189th Mandalorian Corps Imperial Fleet Brigade 

183rd Siege Unit Star Fighter Zeta Wing
Coming Through Star Wars GIF by michaelmarczewski

On 9/7/2021 at 8:12 PM, AO Commodore Zefer said:

+ Support 

- Jesus this guy really just gave us a Commander Size Application for a GM Application. 

- that kind of dedication is what GMs need 

+Support
Nothing else to say, this sums up what i have to say.

Former Stormtrooper Captain
Former Nova Commander Comet 
Former Admin | Former GM Tick X

spacer.png