SCP-5892 | Object Class: Safe

SCP-5892

Object Class: Safe

Item Description: SCP-5892 is a standard industrial freezer not different than those found in fast-food establishments. Upon entering SCP-5892, the subject will then be referred to as SCP-5892-1. SCP-5892, upon entering, is registered at -18 C. After a brief moment, SCP-5892 will drastically decrease in temperature, despite no power being given. Subjects will not notice this difference and will feel as if it is staying the same temperature, even though they are suffering from severe hypothermia. Subjects inside of SCP-5892 will show resistance to leaving, though they will not refuse to exit. Upon exiting, the subject will continue to suffer hypothermia, as if the temperature is still decreasing. Autopsy shows that victims of SCP-5892 did not die from hypothermia but rather a lack of oxygen from blood completely freezing in the subject's body. Further examination shows that the inside of the subject is colder than the outside. 

Containment Procedures: SCP-5892 is to be stored in a secure warehouse at Site-[REDACTED]. A wired thermometer constantly reads SCP-5892's temperature and will sound off should there be a significant decrease in temperature since this is a telltale sign that someone has entered SCP-5892. Under no circumstances are non-D-Class personnel allowed to enter SCP-5892. Only personnel clearance level 3 or higher are permitted inside of SCP-5892's containment cell. Four armed guards are to be stationed outside of SCP-5892's containment cell at all times. Instances of SCP-5892-1 are to immediately be taken to the medical bay to a comfort wing where they will inevitably succumb to their injuries.

Re-containment Measures: Due to SCP-5892's nature and lack of sapience, it is very unlikely that a containment breach will happen. In the event of a power outage, guards stationed at SCP-5892 are to perform a sweep of the containment cell and insure that there is no one going in or out. 

(Apologies for lack of formatting, I have no clue how to format forum articles)
I just realized that this is not a forum category for original SCP Ideas. I apologize. Anyways, enjoy this idea I came up with for an SCP

Edited by Dion The Goat

~ Former Research Assistant Supervisor Stepanyan

-[REDACTED]

MTF Alpha-1, codename "Red Right Hand"

Agent Pomegranate

• Dion The Goat changed the title to SCP-5892 | Object Class: Safe

This isnt a test log so im not gonna give it a formal grade, but i love the idea of research coming up with their own SCP's. This one is well written and very descriptive. Well done!

• Like 1

Former DHOR Tomato