SCP-280 Idea - Denied

That Fireman Guy

What are you suggesting? - That in the event of a Light being deactivated/turned off, SCP-280 has it's Self Breach decreased or possibly instantaneous.

How would this change better the server? - It would once again, add a sense of danger when the lights are turned off, as well as giving 280 more advantages when lights are turned off. This time while it is not breached

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - It would increase 280's power, possibly deterring CI from turning the lights off due to  increasing danger to themselves. It may also make 280 players wait until the lights are turned off until they start self breaching.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - SCP-280 players

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

If decreased: it would make 280's breach timer 2/2 instead of 3/3, time taken may be decreased, don't know how long, so I'll leave that up to SMT discretion.

If Instant: 280 would breach within possibly 5 minutes, no need for a advert except for "SCP-280 senses the darkness nearby" or something like that. (it's not instant breach cause we need to give people a chance)

Another idea: If 280 is in the middle of breaching, if the lights are turned off, 280 just breaches instantly. Example for those who need it: 280 is at 2/3 and is like 5 minutes away from turning it off. CI turns off Lights, 280 skips 3/3 and breaches immediately. 

Edited by That Fireman Guy

A bigger nerd than ever

33 minutes ago, That Fireman Guy said:

possibly deterring CI from turning the lights off due to  increasing danger to themselves.

I like that idea. Not gonna give + or - support cause I don't play 280 that much so I'm going to stay neutral myself. Would like to see what the community thinks.

Edited by recon

11 hours ago, That Fireman Guy said:

That in the event of a Light being deactivated/turned off, SCP-280 has it's Self Breach decreased or possibly instantaneous.

By definition, 280 needs the lights to be off before they can break down their door and be breached.
So, if the lights are off, the overall self breach timer is decreased because they only have to break the door.

So... -Support cause not needed.

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

3 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

By definition, 280 needs the lights to be off before they can break down their door and be breached.
So, if the lights are off, the overall self breach timer is decreased because they only have to break the door.

So... -Support cause not needed.

Actually, I don’t believe this is the case, as I’ve heard that despite the lights being off, they still need the lights to flicker. As well as it never being stated in 280s rules about the lights being turned off beforehand.

A bigger nerd than ever

- Support

280 is stupidly powerful and the way too stop their breach is in EZ (A place that isn't very often visited and requires decently high access to get too)

They're easily the most annoying SCP that breaches (yes even 682 and 939 aren't that bad cause at least you can shoot those on purpose) 

Also this is just another rule that players will get confused on and will lead to more admin sits etc.

Example: Lights get turned off (not broken), 280 breaches, Someone flicks the lights back on, 280 player gets butt hurt about no roll and makes an admin sit.

Edited by royalderg