Imperial Jumptrooper Model Update [Accepted] [In Progress] [Completed]

Raging Willie

Battalion Name: Stormtrooper.

Job/Class Name: Jumptrooper.

Model Path: Steam Workshop::[Zephyr] Imperial Jumptrooper Models (steamcommunity.com)

- Current model: models/kryptonite/tfu_jumptrooper/tfu_jumptrooper.mdl

- New model: models/player/bunny/imperial_jumptrooper/imperial_jumptrooper_officer.mdl models/player/bunny/imperial_jumptrooper/imperial_jumptrooper_sergeant.mdl models/player/bunny/imperial_jumptrooper/imperial_jumptrooper_trooper.mdl

Reason for change: The current Jumptrooper skin in Stormtrooper needs a change to better suit our modern Star Wars server tone. The old model does not suit that whatsoever and ruins the RP vibe with this very outdated skin. We would like these skins to be added to better suit this server and keep RP to a maximum and in addition with the new Law ruling about not having a Jetpack on while on a CC or class who has one would actually let you better see the user either using a Jetpack or not. The older model has a built in Jetpack into the model that would hide the actual Jetpack making people unsure if the user has a Jetpack or not. So if these models get updated then it would make it easier for people to tell if the person has a Jetpack or not. Currently the Models are already in the server but are being unused by any CC or Class and it would actually be putting these models to good use as they are actual Jumptrooper skins. Only one CC is using one of these skins but we don’t actually want that skin to be used anyway. (The CC is using the Commander Jumptrooper skin) So it’s a win, win situation. 

Weapon Kit: Same

- Current Loadout: Same

- Add: N/A

- Remove: N/A

Reason for change (do you think that said weapons is suitable for the job and is fair considering current loadouts of other battalions?): N/A

Health: +50 HP

- Current: 200 HP

- New: 250 HP

Armor: Same.

- Current: 100

- New: N/A

Reason for health/armor changes: Currently it is very easy for a Jumptrooper to get shot down since there is absolutely no cover whatsoever while in the air. It would be a nice addition if an HP boost could be added so a Jumptrooper can take a little more hits while in the air with no cover. In addition Jumptrooper is also a Donator job so it would make sense to atleast get a small HP boost like how Riot trooper has a 150+ health boost. Jumptrooper could get a 50+ HP boost at the very least is still 100 HP lower than Riot trooper which is fair.

Description (Optional): The models would work exactly how the Shock sub-battalion models are added into one class. They would use the wardrobe to change into each variation of Shock models. It would be no different, and if caught using the wrong model if you aren’t in that rank you’d be verbally warned or striked in the Sub Battalion.

Do you believe these changes are fair to the battalion/job role it is responsible for and will benefit the server, if so, why?: I do indeed think these changes are fair and would better the server and enhance the roleplay experience so we don’t all have to all see these low resolution characters wandering the ship looking like a Half Life 1 character.

Former Stormtrooper Commander 

(Feb 11, 2021 - Jun 5, 2021)

ST R 1LT WILLIE 1150 spacer.png

GREAT IDEA MASSIVE +support

- Greatly made and is absolutely needed in the server and I love this so much

- Whoever wrote this is absolutely amazing and they are cool!

- I fully agree with everything they said.

- Jump trooper currently looks absolutely disgusting. 

Fun fact, I don't actually like Gum.

+Support
+ Necessary change
+ Would make STs more visually appealing
+ Would add a much needed buff to JT health (2 ez 2 kill)
+ Would make the JT model lore 
accurate
-Support 
- I think it was Wesss' idea (Joke)

Edited by Herman
  • Like 1

501st HVY JTAL CSM Herman 6589 | Ensign Herman Former ST VCMDR Herman 6589 Former Special Agent NTailed Fox IF26 | Former SF SP Herman 6589 | Former Purge BL LCPL Herman VC01 Former Shock TRN Herman 6589 Former Havoc TRN Herman 6589

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.”   - George S. Patton

3 hours ago, Gum said:

GREAT IDEA MASSIVE +support

- Greatly made and is absolutely needed in the server and I love this so much

- Whoever wrote this is absolutely amazing and they are cool!

- I fully agree with everything they said.

- Jump trooper currently looks absolutely disgusting. 

R. MC EMS LTCOL

Ex. Medical Vice-Commander
"Cringe."

-Support
Since these are 31st models, there's no point in having them considering we now have 'Havoc', I don't see a reason why the Stormtrooper Jet Trooper job needs 3, former 31st models. The model we have is just fine in my opinion, and I would rather have these models removed, Also pretty sure a Custom Job owns them now. (Jello) is the owner of it. 

I would rather sacrifice the models for a optimized server, instead of keeping them, and making them your Jump Trooper models. especially since you don't need a 30MB Pack, for one Job. 

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

57 minutes ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support
Since these are 31st models, there's no point in having them considering we now have 'Havoc', I don't see a reason why the Stormtrooper Jet Trooper job needs 3, former 31st models. The model we have is just fine in my opinion, and I would rather have these models removed, Also pretty sure a Custom Job owns them now. (Jello) is the owner of it. 

I would rather sacrifice the models for a optimized server, instead of keeping them, and making them your Jump Trooper models. especially since you don't need a 30MB Pack, for one Job. 

I'd have to agree. Especially with it being a CC there's no point in changing the model when the current one is fine.

Retired General | Resigned Assistant Head-Gamemaster & ImperialRP Super Admin 

GM of the month February 2021 / Staff of the month March 2021

1 hour ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

Actually there is no CC currently using any of the models we chose. They are using the commander skin. We have not put any commander skin in the suggestion. Getting rid of the pack would get rid of the CC's model as well. We aren't requesting to be using the CC's model. We also don't like to associate Jump trooper models with the 31st that aren't even in the server anymore and we're preferring getting rid of the current JT model removed instead of the new ones that are already inside of the server. In the suggestion it is stated they're not using the CC model as well. You have to admit that the current model sucks. I don't think anyone would want a model that looks like it was taken from an old source game, I think people would rather prefer a nice clean skin that matches with the rest of the battalion. That's just my opinion of course.

• Gaminglight Love 1

Fun fact, I don't actually like Gum.

4 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

Agreed there is no need/reason to change them

Former: Grand Inquisitor   Lead Admin
sasuke GIF

7 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

Facts, And if it ends up for whatever reason we change back to 31st, Well. ( It's not happening ) but in this scenario, If we did, You would be forced to change models also.
Which will take SMT even longer. 

𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒞𝒫-𝑅𝒫 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇
𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁-𝑅𝒫 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 / 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎 - 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝒸 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 / 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 - 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎
𝐸𝓍-𝒵𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓃 / 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁

12 hours ago, Gum said:

Actually there is no CC currently using any of the models we chose. They are using the commander skin. We have not put any commander skin in the suggestion. Getting rid of the pack would get rid of the CC's model as well. We aren't requesting to be using the CC's model. We also don't like to associate Jump trooper models with the 31st that aren't even in the server anymore and we're preferring getting rid of the current JT model removed instead of the new ones that are already inside of the server. In the suggestion it is stated they're not using the CC model as well. You have to admit that the current model sucks. I don't think anyone would want a model that looks like it was taken from an old source game, I think people would rather prefer a nice clean skin that matches with the rest of the battalion. That's just my opinion of course.

I understand where you're coming from, I still stand with my opinion though, plenty of other options then a 30MB Playermodel pack 

On 3/20/2021 at 3:57 AM, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

I agree with talila about the models. The ones we currently have are better in my opinion as they fit into the ST battalion and wont cause confusion

| EX Army HC for Imperial | EX DT SNR CMDR |  EX IC VCMDR SEV|
| EX Imperial Head Admin  | 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 |

On 3/19/2021 at 11:57 PM, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

Current JT model is fine, I see no reason to change it

Vice Admiral | Senior Admin | Forum Diplomat | Support Staff

Staff of the Month July 2021

+Support
Although I see both sides of the story the models are genuinely ugly for JT and need some sort of improvement if the models are that much of an issue another model you could try to use would be this:

image.png.afd9073eebd8795f11d8a708aadc7eaa.png

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1505215273&searchtext=Stormtrooper+Jumptrooper

the size is half the size of the other models and would genuinely match ST's better because they are grey and white, these are also not already used on the server and created by the same person. As well as ST JT are a donator rank and should have some kind of decency that comes with them making them more appealing for people to join.

Edited by SilentCall_01

Current: 501st SHVY 2LT Katie ARCT15, R ST CPT Lucy 2010

(First Shore Trooper Lead)

“Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.”

tumblr_inline_o6nvufxGOc1t0ijhl_500.gif

6 hours ago, SilentCall_01 said:

+Support
Although I see both sides of the story the models are genuinely ugly for JT and need some sort of improvement if the models are that much of an issue another model you could try to use would be this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1505215273&searchtext=Stormtrooper+Jumptrooper

the size is half the size of the other models and would genuinely match ST's better because they are grey and white, these are also not already used on the server and created by the same person. As well as ST JT are a donator rank and should have some kind of decency that comes with them making them more appealing for people to join.

^-^ | Former: 501st Commander | Senior Admin Senior Gamemaster | ^-^

westar.png.f8d7728514dce2dcc50b0607bd2391f4.png

13 hours ago, SilentCall_01 said:

I'm pretty sure those models don't work.

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧 | 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧 | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐮𝐦 𝐃𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐭 | 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐟𝐟

On 3/20/2021 at 4:57 AM, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

+Support

-This skin is lore 

-STs more visually appealing 

-make life much easier to play on JT since I don't have to think about how ugly it looks 

-Make more people think about JT

Gensec: I have been SM 7 times/ i was Head Sniper

-Support

Unfortunately there seems to be a misunderstanding here. The Jump Trooper (JT) models (referred to as "31st models" in the post) are all contained in a single model pack. This pack contains 5 JT models that were previously utilized for the now defunct 31st battalion. However the pack cannot be removed from the server as Jello's CC utilizes a single model from the pack. This renders the other models unused. These otherwise unutilized and irremovable models also happen to be the lore accurate models for the JTs, Utilizing them would also allow us to delete the current JT model, freeing up a bit of space while adding a major visual improvement to JT. It should also be mentioned that the current JT model is relatively out of place within the Stormtrooper core and the server as a whole both because it has a lower texture quality than all the other models present on the server but it also uses a black, red and white color scheme not entirely consistent with most stormtrooper units. Furthermore the Jetpack entity currently used by the server is extremely out of place on the current JT models however it is the exact same jetpack used on the lore accurate JT models.

My apologies if you have taken offence to my response as that was not my intention. However I felt the need to respond so that a long anticipated, very necessary and overall efficient change would not be hindered by a simple misunderstanding. I hope you now understand the importance and necessity of this change.

Respectfully Yours,
Stormtrooper Vice Commander Herman

• Like 2

501st HVY JTAL CSM Herman 6589 | Ensign Herman Former ST VCMDR Herman 6589 Former Special Agent NTailed Fox IF26 | Former SF SP Herman 6589 | Former Purge BL LCPL Herman VC01 Former Shock TRN Herman 6589 Former Havoc TRN Herman 6589

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.”   - George S. Patton

4 hours ago, Herman said:

My apologies if you have taken offence to my response as that was not my intention. However I felt the need to respond so that a long anticipated, very necessary and overall efficient change would not be hindered by a simple misunderstanding. I hope you now understand the importance and necessity of this change.

I understand where you're coming from, but SMT could easily extract the Custom Class model, removing the rest, The main issue I have with it is that it's a 30MB Pack. With these models:

-Jumptrooper Commander - Custom Class Model
-Jumptrooper Officer
-Jumptrooper Lieutenant
-Jumptrooper Sergeant
-Jumptrooper Trooper

These are 4 models left over which will be going to the Stormtroopers, I believe we could just remove these models & keep the extracted Commander Model, and reduce the content pack size, instead of keeping them. I don't see a reason to keep 4 Models in our Server, just for one job. yes they fit in with 'lore', but this isn't a lore accurate server. What you could've proposed, is just having the Jumptrooper Officer model, instead of keeping the entire pack. I won't bother responding with another post after this, as I've made my opinion clear, which I think we should just remove them, and extract the one model. I would rather sacrifice the models for a optimized server, instead of keeping them, and making them your Jump Trooper models.

-Support

-Support

On 3/22/2021 at 6:14 PM, SilentCall_01 said:

+Support

〖ImperialRP〗Ex: 69th Medical Corps Commander (4/12/21 - 6/10/21)Senior ModeratorGM0 || Current: N/A || Ph.D. in Minging | ❤️ Medical

"Mmmmm Monkey" ~ Sun Tzu

Medical_emblem.png.2130abd51a4e7aab05326b0a9a4b8327.png