Map Idea: Bigger Medbay [Accepted] [Completed]

mikey!

Map Idea: Bigger Medbay  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a Bigger Medbay?

• Yes
    • No

What would you like to see: I would like to see the current Medbay expanded with more rooms and space.

How would it help the server and/or the player base: It would mainly help Medical with conducting tryouts, checkups, surgery's, and research experiments. Medbay can get crowded very easily and I believe by adding more rooms and space RP can be improved and Medbay won't be as crowded.

Do you think this suggestion will help the server as a whole: Yes I believe it could!

Edited by mikey!

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧 | 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧 | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐮𝐦 𝐃𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐭 | 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐟𝐟

+Support

-Medbay can get very clogged up (especially the lobby area) in a matter of minutes as even around 4 players at once is making it pretty hard to navigate and exit or enter. 

-Medbay doesn't need to be huge or anything like that, simply making Lobby + Surgery room (which can clog up too, if Medical is performing a surgery on a VIP accompanied by his bodyguards) a notch bigger would be very helpful with navigation and RP so that a Surgeon doesn't need to perform a surgery while standing on a table. 

-A small suggestion from myself: Please make so that Medical bunks/Medical spawn rooms are connected to Medbay as there's no point in having some Medical spawn in the bunks somewhere else, especially that at this point, only Med. Trooper and Officer (VC- and CMDR included) spawn in the bunks when the rest spawns in the Medbay Surgery room.

Edited by JustMe.

R. MC EMS LTCOL

Ex. Medical Vice-Commander
"Cringe."

+Support 

- At Medbays current size it can make it points impossible to do anything, just have two people in medbay can be a hard enough experience. Even after events (which you think would be when medbay would be cramped the most) but we can accept anyone because the server will end up dying 

- Surgery is a mess. I mean Sub Battalions spawn there, and it isn't spacious and you have to stand on someone to perform a surgery.

Edited by Spaghetti

〖ImperialRP〗Ex: 69th Medical Corps Commander (4/12/21 - 6/10/21)Senior ModeratorGM0 || Current: N/A || Ph.D. in Minging | ❤️ Medical

"Mmmmm Monkey" ~ Sun Tzu

Medical_emblem.png.2130abd51a4e7aab05326b0a9a4b8327.png

Massive +Support

-Medbay can easily get crowded and when it does its hard for medical to do their job.

-Being in medical for close to a  year now ive seen that the surgery room often gets crowded when ever we do mass research experiments, Mass surgeries ,etc.

-Theres only 4 beds for checkups. So during regimental checkups we have to use surgery room for checkups.

-If theres more than 5 medics on at a time in medbay tryouts often get hard and i have to tell some medics to leave medbay so medics can actually preform tryouts.

SCPRP Former Head Of Medical Staff | "I was hom" | PhD in botching surgeries
ImperialRP Former 69th Medical Corps Senior Commander and Former Commander "What do you mean the patient needs to have a spine to survive?"-Some researcher (probably)  Former ImperialRP Senior Admin
CERTIFIED MEDIC MAIN

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

Massive +Support

-Medbay can easily get crowded and when it does its hard for medical to do their job.

-Being in medical for close to a  year now ive seen that the surgery room often gets crowded when ever we do mass research experiments, Mass surgeries ,etc.

-Theres only 4 beds for checkups. So during regimental checkups we have to use surgery room for checkups.

-If theres more than 5 medics on at a time in medbay tryouts often get hard and i have to tell some medics to leave medbay so medics can actually preform tryouts.

𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡 | 𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙞𝙣 
talkingtobeckett.gif.90f1583a720f8ef9e8da8f858f177f55.gif

13 hours ago, Blarg said:

Massive +Support

Medbay can be very crowded at times.

ISB:IA- Agent Greg

Death Trooper - SN03

Senior Gamemaster

Major + Support

- Medbay gets very crowded very quickly, so more space would mean more efficient Medical RP and making Medical a more appealing battalion to join.
- Another thing I'd like to suggest is the ability to
physically lock-down the Medbay, instead of having to post a trooper at the door to stop people coming in when there's a tryout or classified actions are taking place.

Attached are some examples from CWRP and ImpRP maps that have larger medbays.

image.thumb.png.69d8417dad629d45e59fc92f49038223.png

image.thumb.png.38916197789b8b8cbac5fd4d50d09554.png

image.thumb.png.e13f9349e67b4626c9477771110e0a28.png

^ A locked-down medbay, being phyically locked by a laser barrier.

image.thumb.png.0116033e59ca3e91992351527ec57eea.png

^ A larger checkup area, each of these rooms on the left are individual check-up rooms, that would mean that Medical wouldn't have to shout over each other when there are multiple people having a checkup at once.

image.thumb.png.f8cf19c18a2ae8915973048657793ec1.png

^ From another map, again, with small checkup rooms instead of one big room.

image.thumb.png.9208cf49775a4457a7561ebcc38ed2f8.png

^ From the same map, with two surgery rooms and an observation deck in-between.

I apologise for the size of this post and it's clear that the items shown in these photos would be incredibly difficult to implement, so don't feel pressured to implement them, I'm just using these screenshots to show how they might be implemented.

• Gaminglight Love 1

General

Former Grand General Former Medical Commander (and avid tea drinker)
"Badger. You have forsaken me to no Sleep you Medically Certified Bastard."

8 hours ago, TailoredBadger said:

Major + Support

- Medbay gets very crowded very quickly, so more space would mean more efficient Medical RP and making Medical a more appealing battalion to join.
- Another thing I'd like to suggest is the ability to
physically lock-down the Medbay, instead of having to post a trooper at the door to stop people coming in when there's a tryout or classified actions are taking place.

Attached are some examples from CWRP and ImpRP maps that have larger medbays.

image.thumb.png.69d8417dad629d45e59fc92f49038223.png

image.thumb.png.38916197789b8b8cbac5fd4d50d09554.png

image.thumb.png.e13f9349e67b4626c9477771110e0a28.png

^ A locked-down medbay, being phyically locked by a laser barrier.

image.thumb.png.0116033e59ca3e91992351527ec57eea.png

^ A larger checkup area, each of these rooms on the left are individual check-up rooms, that would mean that Medical wouldn't have to shout over each other when there are multiple people having a checkup at once.

image.thumb.png.f8cf19c18a2ae8915973048657793ec1.png

^ From another map, again, with small checkup rooms instead of one big room.

image.thumb.png.9208cf49775a4457a7561ebcc38ed2f8.png

^ From the same map, with two surgery rooms and an observation deck in-between.

I apologise for the size of this post and it's clear that the items shown in these photos would be incredibly difficult to implement, so don't feel pressured to implement them, I'm just using these screenshots to show how they might be implemented.

While I like the idea of Lockdown-able Medbay as it would help in PassiveRP, I have a small request so that if that kind of feature would be added, to add some sort of switch  that isn't located in Medbay but it can lift the lockdown in there or a alternative route into Medbay like vents so that Medical doesn't need to call a staff member every 3 hours beacuse once again some minge got in Medbay and pressed the lockdown button 

Edited by JustMe.

R. MC EMS LTCOL

Ex. Medical Vice-Commander
"Cringe."

+Support

- Physically locking it down would be a nice addition

- Currently we don't have much space and it feels cramped

I think overall Medbay should be bigger as it does get filled up quick with the current one we have. As well as locked in case there is any reason for Medical to have it on lockdown

Retired General | Resigned Assistant Head-Gamemaster & ImperialRP Super Admin 

GM of the month February 2021 / Staff of the month March 2021

• Manager

ACCEPTED

Thank you for your suggestion! Please allow up to a week for this suggestion to be successfully implemented into the server.

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*

• Gaminglight Love 1

• 1 month later...