Use of Melee in a Gun Fight

Artimis Goochington

I recently received a verbal warning for using a fubar in a gunfight, I was told you are no longer allowed to use melee once guns have been drawn. Unfortunately neither the admin nor the reportee was able to give me any proof of this rule. Is the use of melee in a gunfight against the rules, and if so please link the rule. Thanks

The issue is that a melee weapon doesn’t count as a gun (obviously), so you can’t initiate combat against anyone who has a gun out for fearrp reasons. However, if someone with a gun shoots you, then you may use a melee weapon to defend yourself since what else are you going to do?  It’s a spirit of the MOTD rule in that it’s not specifically listed as fearrp but it counts because the concept is you don’t want to die, and provoking someone with a gun when you don’t have one out is suicide when it comes to the real world.  So the long and short of it is you can pretty much only use it to defend yourself and the break doors, you can’t use it offensively against a person.  

• Like 1

• Head Admin

There's a phrase that says "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight", which the phrase being so popular, there is even a song written after it (kinda).

Realistically, you'd want to use a gun if one is available to you, though if you were to use a knife at the start of the fight, I wouldn't see an issue with it; just try to use a gun if at all possible!

Edited by Will

ALs6j_EhXkr61kQS1B7NLXq2Y5mRM1v5siUmOqed