My ban appeal.

Happy_Teddy24

Steam Name: Wanjis

SteamID: 76561198842644195

Ingame Name: Quinn

Ban Length: 7 days

Admin that banned me:  [GL] General bacon

Reason for Staff Restriction: Racism

Dispute: I was banned for playing Star boy by The Weeknd. In this song, he does say the N word. I was not aware this would be an issue, due to the fact that I was not saying the word, and it was not used in a racist way in the song. If I had known it was an issue, I would have stopped right away. I was given one warning before my ban, which I was not aware of. I did not know I was warned for it, and no one in game told me I should not have been playing it. Once again, I would haves stopped if I had known it was an issue. That, on top of the fact that I was not playing the song when the actual ban was issued, is what  lead me to write this appeal. I am very sorry if I offended anybody, it was not intentional. Thank you for reading. 

Not a staff restriction, its a ban.

+/-Support

Even if you're not the one using the word itself, it should never be brought into the server.  

Rule 15 states | Never harass and/or disrespect other players/staff.

• Gaminglight does not tolerate bullying or targeting based on race, gender, sexuality, or other identities, nor racial slurs or anything that can be deemed offensive. Gaminglight has a zero-tolerance policy towards this type of conduct.

In the way you were using the word, it does not seem like targeting people for there race. HOWEVER it could still be deemed offensive, as the word itself has that history behind it.

@General bacon

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

Yes, that is true and I do apologize for that. However, correct me if I am wrong but I did think the warning was there to tell me to stop playing it or else I would be banned. Regardless of if it was intentional or not, I did break the rule and I apologize for that. However I was not aware of any warning, letting me know to stop, and I had already stopped on my own at the time of the ban. Please tell me if I am interpreting this wrong.

Bans may not immediately follow a warning due to a staff member not being online that is able to issue the ban. All racism/homophobic/transphobic/etc incidents come with a standard one week ban due to their severity.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021