Discussion about the Banker

UrDadHasBigStraight

Banker ?s  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bankers be allowed to defend their bank?

2. 2. Should Bankers be allowed to help the police if there is a shooting/robbery in the bank?

3. 3. Should Bankers be allowed to store illegal items for other people, say as a buisness?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/23/2019 at 04:59 AM

So I've been RPing as banker a lot recently, to the point I made a lock-down system to add to the RP. Unfortunately the rules regarding the banker are very unclear. In this post I will be asking multiple questions to see what peoples opinions are and what JMT or SMT thinks. As well I will include my inquires and opinions.

1. Can bankers actively defend their own bank?

My experience has shown that, Yes bankers should be able to defend their own bank. It is unclear that if the bank in Rockford is a private or federal bank. If it is a federal bank I can see where people are coming from about why bankers should not defend the banks, but if it is a private bank then the Bank Manager can pick whomever they want to defend their banks, including themselves. (SMT Please Clarify)

2. Can Bankers help the police if there is a shooting/robbery in the bank?

In my opinion, it doesn't matter if its a federal bank or not. If it is a federal bank then the Bank Tellers are federal employees meaning that if the situation is called for, a federal AGENT can call upon them for help, say if theres too many criminals and all tacs are dead. Even if it is a private bank then (in context of a semi-rp server) the bank is the bankers property and they can defend their land unless CP doesnt want them to.

3. Can Bankers store illegal items for other people, say as a buisness?

If it is a federal bank, no. If it is a private bank, yes, but if the cops catch them, they can be arrested.

The main point of this post is to make clear whether Rockford Bank is federal or private. SMT or JMT Please Reply

Edited by UrDadHasBigStraight

The thing is, Banker is a NEUTRAL class meaning under the job menu they are classified as “Citizens” or whatever it says. Theya re not a criminal class so they cant store illegals and shouldnt be able to. With the defending the bank part, I do believe they should be able to defend with permission from a tactical unit or PD Low Command or whatever SMT were to determine give permission. 

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

If your life is in dandger than yes you may defend yourself. But you shouldn’t be trying to help the cops kill the people robbing the bank as it is not your job. Wait outside the bank like every other banker does until he situation is code 4 than you can continue your banking RP. 

Edited by BigJohnny

17 minutes ago, UrDadHasBigStraight said:

well they wouldn't be storing their own, they would be storing other peoples and making money

Still criminal activity ?‍♂️ 

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

1. Yes because you can call it self defense but can only have a pistol 

2. No you cannot help the police in an active shootout as a civ because you’ll get shot

3. Yes because there is banking crime in real life and this would be another thing investigated by the FBI. The idea is bankers store stuff in the vault which can be searched with reason, but only with real reason. Secondly the banker shouldn’t be allowed to store their own stuff but only the stuff of others.