Staff requirements

Boonie McBone

What you want to see? -  Staff be required to go into console and use ULX from there.

Why should we add it? -  I see this happening several times a day. https://gyazo.com/974cc020c30b3312e4c8de8569dd1a97

What are the advantages of having this? - Using ULX bring in the console, it'll make sure you have the right name, even if names are similar.

Who is it mainly for? - Staff

Links to any content - Not needed.

Using ULX in console, you're able to target ONE player, it will not let you target multiple, and with chat lag, this is a lot faster.

Typing: "ulx bring" into console, it'll start to list player names under, unfortunately I can't showcase it because if I type it, it won't do anything as I don't h ave perms.

This prevents situations where there are several family members named BlahBlah SA, Nerd SA, Dork SA, and some admins type !bring SA and it brings all 3 of the dorks.

Either implement that Administrative Staff must use console, or make sure that they're smart about bringing people... Just a suggestion, as I see it happen a lot.

This does work in chat as well. In Chat if they took the time to look at who they needed to bring, they could let us say for me,  !bring "SM Jason Tucker 1B72" and it would fix the problem, but would slow down staff. I think the staff just needs to not really change much other than making sure everyone with the letter "a" is brought somewhere etc. 

Jason Tucker

b_160_400_0_1313B4_A9B6F9_FFFFFF_000000_

If any of you think that a post i made is offensive, wrong, or just plainly don't like it. please contact me within the websites messaging system as I will take care of that post. Thank You. 

7 minutes ago, Jason Tucker said:

This does work in chat as well. In Chat if they took the time to look at who they needed to bring, they could let us say for me,  !bring "SM Jason Tucker 1B72" and it would fix the problem, but would slow down staff. I think the staff just needs to not really change much other than making sure everyone with the letter "a" is brought somewhere etc. 

As soon as you put a space, it's invalid. You cannot use spaces in the ULX unless you're using console.

17 minutes ago, Jason Tucker said:

45 minutes ago, Boonie McBone said:

As soon as you put a space, it's invalid. You cannot use spaces in the ULX unless you're using console.

That is what the " are for...

Jason Tucker

b_160_400_0_1313B4_A9B6F9_FFFFFF_000000_

If any of you think that a post i made is offensive, wrong, or just plainly don't like it. please contact me within the websites messaging system as I will take care of that post. Thank You. 

8 hours ago, Boonie McBone said:

No that is incorrect, If you do !Bring "Danny Muller" That will only target me and no one else, If someone had their name as .C. I recommend bringing it though console (I brought everyone by mistake twice last week)

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

1 minute ago, Danny Muller said:

No that is incorrect, If you do !Bring "Danny Muller" That will only target me and no one else, If someone had their name as .C. I recommend bringing it though console (I brought everyone by mistake twice last week)

Correct. If you use quotes. But this takes much longer than typing it into console, as console with recommend players, just like when you make a search on google and the little drop down bar suggests things.

I Just honestly don't see the point, You could suggest it to staff members but cant really say "YOU MUST USE CONSOLE OR YOU WILL GET A STRIKE" 

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

You have to use only partial names for example

XD Donaldx
XD TimmyPop
XD Zimmy

If staff  type "!bring XD Donaldx" It will bring all people with XD and doesn't recognize Donald because of space between them.
Staff must type "!bring Donaldx" so that it would only bring Donald and not the rest.

I don't think console is a requirement would help much but a small handbook guide for using ulx should help out a lot

1 hour ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

You have to use only partial names for example

XD Donaldx
XD TimmyPop
XD Zimmy

If staff  type "!bring XD Donaldx" It will bring all people with XD and doesn't recognize Donald because of space between them.
Staff must type "!bring Donaldx" so that it would only bring Donald and not the rest.

I don't think console is a requirement would help much but a small handbook guide for using ulx should help out a lot

I'm aware of how it works, just the staff don't... ?

• Fame locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fame locked this topic