GSpeak (Teamspeak voice)

Boonie McBone

GSpeak  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay?

• Yay
    • Nay

What you want to see? - GSpeak, a Teamspeak voice audio.

Why should we add it? - In Garry's Mod, when you use voice to talk in-game, the audio/mic input and output is delayed by about 2 seconds. This causes confusion during RP situations when everyone is talking over eachother

What are the advantages of having this? -

• Clearer communications
  • Includes radio communication system, realistic radio audio for PD. *clicking of the radio and such*
  • Mouth movement when speaking. (little things that count!)
  • TS3 Voice Quality. 
  • Player's voice in 3D, so basically supports surround sound headphones.
  • Players volume changes with distance to make it sound more realistic
  • But the two best advantages out of all of those would be the Realistic PD Radio, and the distance voice. (oh and quality)

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone!

Links to any content - https://www.gmodstore.com/scripts/view/1656 - 

Edited by Boonie McBone
Poll, and minor tidiness customizations.

6 minutes ago, -Unknown- said:

-Support

Would require everyone to be in the same channel, would require everyone to join teamspeak (which is hard enough just getting PD on it) and would take a lot of work to make a system for this to work 

That's the point, make everything stricter. Make people have a need to be in TeamSpeak.

1 hour ago, WreckedInRuinz said:

See but then wouldn't everyone have to hear your conversations

How does it work?

Each Player receives the distance to any other Player on the server. If the distance is short enough you will slowly start hearing him at the correct position. If now the other player starts talking
in Teamspeak3 his mouth will move in the game and an icon appears above his/her head.

Above is from the script description -

Jason Tucker

b_160_400_0_1313B4_A9B6F9_FFFFFF_000000_

If any of you think that a post i made is offensive, wrong, or just plainly don't like it. please contact me within the websites messaging system as I will take care of that post. Thank You. 

5 hours ago, Boonie McBone said:

That's the point, make everything stricter. Make people have a need to be in TeamSpeak.

I think the system is fine as it is right now. The only thing we should do is demote or people the consistently aren’t on TS especially when asked to get on it. Because I think everyone on a government job should be in the TS and staff and stuff should start enforcing it same with the supervisors in departments