A whole new arrest system

TheTrueS0nic

What do you want to see?:

I would like to see our version of how arrests are made and processed. This system would work through a two-step arrest

The first step would be like it currently is, hit the subject with an arrest baton. But instead of sending them straight to jail for 10 minutes, they'd be sent into holding for up to two minutes. This gives the arresting party enough time to go to step two or if the arrest was an accident, release the subject much quicker.

The second step is as mentioned that the arresting party selects an RFA, which would send the subject to the proper arrest time. Depending on the severity of the crime, I'd make it so that the different times vary.

For example:

• Loitering/Trespassing = 3 Minutes
  • General Theft = 5 Minutes
  • Murder = 15 Minutes

These are just mere examples to get my point across, severity correlates to time. Bail will still be a thing. Proper times will have to be picked before implementation so as not to make sentences too long. Perhaps SHOCK would be the right battalion to ask here, as they mostly deal with arrests.

Why should we add it?:

By creating this system, we would have something truly unique to Gaminglight. Not only this, but I believe that it would discourage people from committing more serious crimes as they'd risk a longer sentence. It would also bring some fresh wind into how arrests are processed.

What are the advantages of having this?:

As mentioned above, this addition would provide our server with another very unique thing, which could bring more players towards ImperialRP. It would also encourage more activity in security-themed battalions as they would now have something new to get familiar with.

Who is it mainly for?:

Security Battalions/classes

First ever ISB:IA
High Admiral

Super Admin

+Support

This suggestion would be perfect for Gaminglight to get out there and be more dynamic and a decent push away from casual (SWRP) server's that are using the system we are currently. It would not only give us a way more appeal-able look to be more custom and being an outgoing progressive server.

It can also give people in the server who use the arrest system a new change and more opportunity to experience something new instead of being stuck with the same system constantly and be put in repetition: (Ex: Smack a person with red stick > In Jail for 10 minutes > Release) - Instead the Security of the server will have more range of Roleplay and gives the server a push away from casual arrest system to 100% custom arrest system. 

Additionally, If this were to be added, I would expect more players to join the server and even join the Shock Regiment (I know I'd join back if this was a thing)

However.

There is one small issue that I could see with this, but I believe there would be a work around for this, is that if you'd have a person in a 'Holding Cell' for '2 minutes' and you arrested someone on Tatooine in the caves, that time frame would be very small to get back to brig and select a Arrest Reason, but to combat this either the Arrest Reason menu would be a pop-up GUI after you arrest someone, or the 'Holding Time' is increase depending on arrest range. (If this was how you intended, then just ignore this section)

aFrEXTO.png

+ Support
- Makes Sense
- Great Addition
- Helps with Reducing RDM and Constant Minging 

Current Gideon Hask

Resigned DT Command AX4/SC0 [Command member for nearly a year]/Fomer DT SC01/ Retired Rear Admiral/Naval LT/Tenn Graneet/Nova Maj/Havoc Maj/Naval SO/ DT NCO x2

+Major support
As former Shock Commander, this is what I've been hearing shock say they want for quite a while now, as it would make a lot of sense in both a roleplay and functionality sense. Being able to set different times for arrested players would allow smaller crimes like trespassing actually have a difference in punishment than murder or treason (other than bail price). I personally think this would be a great addition to the server, from the arrests side of things. 

As Cinder mentioned above, it would be best if some sort of GUI appeared after arresting someone, so that you wouldn't have to run to the holding cell (or even just the Brig, as a holding cell would really only be for show), after arresting someone. This would be great to combat accidental false arrests, and would mix really well with the new AOS datapad system.

I think this could really benefit the battalions that do have arrest batons, and as someone who spent so long using the current one, I think this would be a great addition to quality-of-life updates for the server.

[Former] | Brigadier General, Shock Commander, R Shock COL, Pyke Muscle II marquis of the low table Mugs |
[Former] | 
Super Admin |

|Imperial Justice Department Chimaera Legion|
"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" -BioShock

+ Support on the Different Times
I think the Different Timed arrest for the Severity of the Crimes or Maybe even for Their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Arrest is really cool and will help with a lot less Minging as the Time for Large Mingey crimes like Murder/RDM could be 15 Minutes and trespassing could be 5 Minutes.

- Support on the 2 Part System
I think if you want to do a 2 part arrest system it would be much better off for all arrests to be done with cuffs as if you are arresting a Pyke trespassing in caves as a brand new Shock Enlisted you aren't going to have the time get there and actually arrest them for what they are being arrested for, and if the time is increased a 5 Minute Arrest could turn into 10 minutes which 5 of those minutes would just be waiting.

Imperial RP | Lead Admin | Assistant Head Gamemaster | 501st Vice Commander

Former | IC VCMR Sev | DT LTCOL SV02 | SHG SHGO Vacander Jax

I did actually thought of the RFA being selected right after the arrest either via a pop-up OR through the datapad with a "Recent Arrests" or "In Holding" selection in which the arresting party can select the person and then select an RFA.

I hope this cleared it up a bit better

First ever ISB:IA
High Admiral

Super Admin

• 2 weeks later...

+ Support

I have been meaning to suggest something like this for a while but I think this is a great idea. This would bring more RP to the arrest system and be more fair. Why should someone convicted of intoxication should have the same sentence as a murder. I think another cool idea is to scale the arrest times and/or bail, for example, if a trooper has been arrested 3 times in the same hour multiply their time or bail by 1.5 (JUST AN EXAMPLE) all and all I think this is a great idea

One note, how would this system work with staff arrests?

《 Antonoff 

[ Ex. Shock Commander and Chief ]

• 2 weeks later...