Yamato's Trial Mod application.- Accepted

Yamato

Yes? no? Maybe? depends. your decision, not mine.   

2 members have voted

1. 1. Am i worthy of being placed upon the staff team?

• Yes.
    • No.

What is your in-game name?: 
Yamato

What is your steam name?: 
[GL]EthanM82

What is your steam ID?: 
STEAM_0:0:101762856

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): 
Lance Moontail

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: 
-Ex. Moderator of Gaminglight. 

What date did you start playing on the community? 
February 26th 2021

What date did you make your forums account?
March 2, 2021

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?

image.thumb.png.a0edb0aedf5b440f69d7f72580a0f6bf.png

What is your donor rank:
Gold

Are you a staff member in another community?:
No I'm way to lazy to try dual staffing

Have you read the staff handbook?
Yes. Many times.  

Timezone: CST

What rank are you applying for: 
Trial mod.
My goal is at minimum Sen-mod

Why do you believe you deserve the rank:
+ Ex. Moderator!  +common sense! +Respectable +decent reputation in the community +Known by a decent handful of members
+very trained in the art of shutting up and listening.
+Also trained in the art of detecting BS and being a investigator

I'mma be real with ya'll I don't think I deserve much, I'm just applying because It's something to do that'll help me be able to help others. I enjoy being able to help others and being staff is the biggest way to do it. I've always disliked troublemakers and being able to deal with said troublemakers mean's I can make this server a less toxic place and a place that can be played and traversed without running into issues with other players or having to face inter/extra-server drama while playing the game. I'm a nice guy, I listen, I know what I'm doing(most of the time), I have binds set and I already have a general grasp on what to do. Quotas and meetings are something I can't meet usually but I almost always try my best when it comes to those.  I just wanna be able to help however I can. 

Scenario questions: 

: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

If I took a sit and the person the sit was made on started swearing like a sailor, I would firstly gag them and explain that this is no way to treat people on the server and he should take time to reflect afterwards. Then I would ask the person who made the sit to present their evidence while I check logs as well to confirm their story.

Once I watch the clip and check logs I would then go over and calmly explain to the suspect in question that they have been confirmed to have Mass RDM'd and that I will have to issue a warning and I will be contacting my higher ups for a 5 day ban. I will then explain to them that they can use this time to reflect and come back ready to play once the ban is lifted.

After that, I will go over to the person who made the sit and explain that the perpetrator will be dealt with and that they will be returned momentarily. After returning the player I will warn the perpetrator and contact a higher up to issue the ban. 

:  You've Pulled someone into a sit for (___) and they simply couldn't care less of whatever punishment they are receiving.  

In this case there's only 2 things to do,  follow your orders as staff, explain their punishments and administer the Punishments, They don't want to be there and neither do you, get the sit done as soon as possible so everyone could have a somewhat good day.     If they don't care, there's zero reason to be logical with them or have them listen to reason, because they won't listen. Give the punishments and close the sit, and go on with your duties as a honorable staff member of Gaminglight. 

: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

I would first tell the players to calm down and to explain what happened. If they continue to argue, I would gag every player and ungag each player at a time so that they can each give me their points of view on how the situation happened.
I would then check logs if it was something such as RDM, and ask if any of them have any footage or pictures of the incident so that I can make sure what was happening is true. After being provided the footage, I would go the player that made the problem and ask them to explain themselves.
  If they don't seem apologetic and doesn't intend to actually follow the rules of the server, I would punish them accordingly.
I would also make sure to let them know that if they don't feel what I did was the correct action for me to do, they can appeal their warning/ban on the forums. 

Note: I don't expect this one to go through since I just got back a few days ago, and some things have changed but, people still recognize me and I still know everything I need to know 🙂

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

You definitely had a bit of a rough patch last time you were here, but you owned up to it and took the necessary measures. I believe you can be an effective staff member if you keep that same mentality and just remember to think before you act and speak.

+Support (my first +/-support since I retired!)

• Like 1

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

On 11/11/2023 at 2:21 AM, Piller said:

You definitely had a bit of a rough patch last time you were here, but you owned up to it and took the necessary measures. I believe you can be an effective staff member if you keep that same mentality and just remember to think before you act and speak.

On 11/10/2023 at 9:21 AM, Piller said:

Clarkie

On 11/10/2023 at 11:21 AM, Piller said:

yamato your format hurts my eyes

Current: Security DCoS | SM | DHFW | EXCM | RMS | FTO | Secret Service DCOO

Retired: Nu-7 CPT

As someone who used to be around with him during his first go-around as staff, I do believe that he would be an effective staff member to have around.

During my time with him two years ago, he was a very engaging community member, however he did have the tendency to get a bit heated with players at times, but that was only because he was very emotionally invested in the server.

But with that being said, I do think Yamato is ready to take up the mantle again as staff, and I look forward to working with him should he be accepted.

+support

Edited by Saint :)

• Manager

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)