1. 1. Should i be accepted?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?: Nick Waltson

What is your steam name?: W-G ALeXAnDeR

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:438836091

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): XXXgingerbreadXXX1#7030

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain): No i don't.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) Around the 5th of july.

What date did you make your forums account?: 11th of july

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?: None.

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc): Gold

Are you a staff member in another community?: No.

Have you read the staff handbook?: Yes i have.

Timezone: GMT+2

What rank are you applying for?: Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): I have gathered quite the experience for my time being a part of this awesome community and i believe i have what it takes to be a part of its staff team. I'm an active member on the server and i have made a lot of friends and met a lot of very kind and willing to help people so i want to return the favor by helping them and the community as a whole. I'm a kind and willing to help person myself, i'm also very patient with people and always place myself in the position of both sides while trying to resolve an arguement or a problem. I want to keep this community as nice as it is now and ensure justice is served to those who try and ruin it by breaking the rules. I'm never biased in my decisions even when it comes to my friends, i also try to explain things to people they don't understand or did wrong until they have completely understood me. I never issue punishments or yell at someone without me having solid proof that something actually happened. People from the staff team are also very kind and helping so i wish to work beside them to keep the good work and help the people in our community.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are assessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?: So firstly i will tell them to calm down and stop cursing and me because it is against the rules to disrespect members of the community, after that i will check logs to see that a mass RDM happened. If the person doesn't stop cursing at me i will mute them and give them a formal warning for staff disrespect and mass RDM and call an Admin to issue the 5 day ban. If they stop cursing at me i will do the same but i won't warn them for staff disrespect.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?: So first off i will start by telling everyone to keep quiet because we won't get anywhere by arguing with eachother. After that i will proceed by taking them one by one and hear their side of the story. After that i will gather proof and issue a punishment according to the information and proof i gathered.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? So if a player doen't care and feel sorry for what they did i will issue the highest punishment possible depending on what rules they broke. But if i see they are truly sorry about their actions i will consider lowering the punishment depending on how severe the misconduct was.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? So firstly i will take all players involved in the situation and ask them one by one for their sotries, after that i will ask them to give me video proof or a photo of the glitch the reported person was abusing. If i get solid proof i will issue a verbal or formal warning depending on the severity of the glitch abused, but if i don't i won't issue any punishments because i can't without solid proof that the said glitch abuse happened.

Warnings.png

+Support

This man was talking to myself, Sprink, Bucket and Jones yesterday about becoming staff and even asked us if we thought he was ready but no one can tell you that you are ready to become staff only you do which is what we told him and I feel that this would be a great opportunity for Nick to join our amazing team.

Best of luck

• Like 1

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

• Like 1

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT