John AHGM App  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should John be AHGM

• Yes
    • No

In-game name: John

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:231460096

Current RP rank on StarWarsRP: Senior Commander

How long have you been Gamemaster: 3 months.

Have you received any strikes (please give reasons if applicable): N/A

How much time do you have on the server?: 1,351 Hours

How well do you know the LORE? I knew a good amount before being a Gamemaster and increased after a bit being a Senior Gamemaster. Now I know even more of lore, but don't consider myself a lore nerd. I correct people on inconsistencies and like adding my two cents now. šŸ™‚

Why do you WANT to become a Assistant Head Gamemaster?:

My goal is to help the GM team flourish to it's highest capability. The current numbers of gamemaster aren't the best as it could be along with retention of said GMs. I was never a guy who rushed making a bunch of events. I always had events on the back-burner to make and lesser planned events. I understand how to do creative content and schedule when I should create fun things. I understand all the issues that a lot of these new GMs have because I was in a similar position. I didn't host events till about a week in as a GM. That was because I didn't feel confident or felt that I had the help enough to do events. When I became GMV, I was able to train Talren, who to this day, is the GM I trust the most to help me. He got the help that I wished I had and I want to give that to all the GMs. This is exactly what happened to me in real life. I had a lot of others who were deemed "better leaders," because they shined brightly earlier than I did, but I had a mentor figure that told me I had way more in storage than they did. It was a matter of when. Month by month, they slowly whittled down in numbers as I rose in expertise and abilities. He was not wrong. "A black belt is just a white belt who never quit" - Renzo Gracie

I always found ways to make GM work for me. There has been many lower ranking GMs that got in, but never stay. They tend to burn out from "All the creative ideas," that they had really quickly. A majority of these GMs being younger/teenagers that don't know how to manage things well. Being a GM isn't hard, but giving tools and helping GMs to find efficient ways is. Once they realize that being a GM is just like those YouTube videos with huge NPC wars and seeing what happens, that's when the fun actually starts :).

I like to break things down methodically and piece it into steps and logically form flow charts for how to do things. This is all in my head of course, and would love to impart and write some of my mental process to help new GMs!

My goals are as follows

1. Lower the perceived difficulty, increase the skillset of GMs, and help train efficient GMs
  2. Encourage RP and help GMs figure out ways to increase activity on the server
  3. Establish methods that worked for me to help new GMs and always refine them, add, and change documents to help GMs

Why should you be trusted to be a Assistant Head Gamemaster?:

My intentions are the same as before. Nothing has changed. I am a responsible person, given that I know what I am supposed to do. This comes part in learning what needs to be and checking what can be done at my rank/role. I don't think abusing or going beyond what I can do is the greatest of things to do. Regardless of the position or not, I am still just a GM, but with a funnier role and responsibility. I am held to the same standard as normal GMs and not above it. I will never be beyond it as a member of this community. I should not stand out as an anomaly in the GM team but rather the symbol for what it stands for. I will be the image that people will compare and look for. "With humility and reverence I bear the symbol of the empire, to fight for it, I shall not fear!"

The greatest comment that I've received is that regardless of rank or achievements, I still act the same as I did before. The only difference is that now I can change more things and do way more stuff. Which is exactly how I feel. As a grown man, I have other things that I could flex on, but it doesn't matter in this scenario. What does matter is having fun and creating fun in a productive way that doesn't ruin others' fun :).

Have you masteredĀ ULX?:

I've been a master at ULX even before reaching senior gamemaster. There are more things I could do now as SGM and also used to different ULX commands from being more experienced in staff.

Are you experienced with planning Mega Events?: Yes, I have done a handful of megas, mainly helping megas recently, and have made a Storyline event even.

Give an example of aĀ mega event:

This is an example of the recent Storyline event which is the latest "Mega" event I've done.

The event is based from the game "Star Wars: Jedi Survivor" in which there's a "Boss," his moniker is "Rick the Door Technician." He's a one hit boss that is a scout trooper that has became a well known meme amongst fans. He is a lore character and now a part of GL lore.

"Ominous Presence"

Part 0

Rick is on the ISD but little does he know that Cal Kestis "Calcium Celsius" is after him. Rick has an assistant named Nick that follows him around. Rick starts out repairing the ISD doors initially adverting that he is fixing broken door with ruined keypads. It is a passive portion for a bit (3 Doors for him to repair). People know where to go because he has a boss bar on top of his head. They interact with Rick and it's all chill and fun to see Rick amongst members on the ISD.

Part 1

While all the sudden, there is a rebel attack on the ISD. There would be a reveal of Cal Kestis being on the ISD alongside the rebels. He goes on the radio to reveal himself and says ā€œItā€™s Kestin time.ā€ Rick is scared and radios for help. Kestis goes on a rampage on the ISD trying to find Rick. Rick has a Boss Bar on constantly and will be hunted down. Rick and Nick will fight him occasionally with their electro batons against him and are re-hped constantly due to being lore characters.

Part 2
Rick will fly to Pandora after being chased by Cal there or be taken by Cal. This will initiate the combat on the Pandora held by rebel elites and NPCs while imperials will have to take it back. On the Pandora, Rick and Nick are held hostage by Cal as they negotiate for their release while combat is happening behind them. Rick and Nick will eventually be rescued while Cal makes a final escape to the off-ship dupe of Mygeeto.Ā 

Part 3
In Mygeeto, Cal will make a final stand with rebels as the Imperials clear out the forces from Mygeeto. Cal and Nick eventually 1v1 each other while the rest of the imperials are fending off the enemy threats. Cal upon receiving defeat, will fly off with his lambda to escape because he canā€™t die.

Ā 

Timeline:Ā 

ISD -> Part 1 Combat On-ship, Briefing -> Pandora -> Part 2 Pandora Combat -> Offship Mygeeto -> Part 3 Combat on Mygeeto -> Cal escapes

Ā 

Actors:

Cal Kestis (18,000k HP [Re-HP as necessary]), 3-4 Rebel Elites and 1-2 Jedi if possible | HP/Armor from their jobs, Rick and Nick as a modeled scout (15,000 HP and 100 Armor) with a electro baton fx, E-10, and a DLT-19x

Ā 

NPCs:

Masked Rebel, 4 per spawner, turn off 100, delay 1.27, decrease delay 2, 3x HP, if server is foldy; aim for at most 4 spawners (written when the AI was changed and caused lag)

Ā 

How active can you be: I would be as active as I am now, but I do have more things to do irl. I have balanced GL with school and work prior, so not a worry for me. In case you can't determine how often that is, it's almost everyday. I like to mad chill and have fun on the server often. It's never a question of how often I'll be on the server but rather how long.Ā 

• Heart-Eyes 1

Currently: DT SGM TP9Ā | Pyke Captain JSR | Grand Saboteur Epsilon
Former: High Admiral "WR Senior Commander Any%" John |Ā DT Commander TP9|UN0|SCO | AHGM | ST VCMDR for 10 minutes | Shock CSM | K2S1Ā |Ā STRM Lead SC47|Whiskey 01 | Nu-7 SSGT | CI SGM |Ā Super Administrator

Honestly john knows his stuff and is on all the time. He helps around the server nonstop. I think he would be a perfect fit for this job. No one is has hard working and as dedicated as him.
+Support

Former
|Ā Admin |Ā GMVI| DT SV02 |MC ShadowYerahĀ |Apprentice ShadowYerah|

|SK ENG SGT Shadow 071|DT XY7|DT S71|Purge Yerah|SN03|

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, Shadow Yerah said:

Honestly john knows his stuff and is on all the time. He helps around the server nonstop. I think he would be a perfect fit for this job. No one is has hard working and as dedicated as him.
+Support

+ Mega SupportĀ 

+ Support

John is a great gamemaster and has essentially been running the GM team for the longest time. He shows greater promise then previous candidates to bring up the GM team. He is well respected within the community and has the knowledge to get the GM team where it needs to go.Ā 

| Imperial GovernorĀ ofĀ Lothal and Tatooine |

"If you donā€™t take risks, you canā€™t create a future." - Monkey D. Luffy

On 8/3/2023 at 10:59 AM, Shadow Yerah said:

+Support

+very detailed app, meaning he REALLY wants this job, and I think he can do well in it

On 8/5/2023 at 7:22 PM, RatedMStud66 said:

+Support
+ Very detailed andĀ well-thought-out applicationĀ 
+ Dedicated and competent GM
+ W Senior Commander

Ā 

On 8/3/2023 at 2:52 PM, Frosty_ said:

+ Support

John is a great gamemaster and has essentially been running the GM team for the longest time. He shows greater promise then previous candidates to bring up the GM team. He is well respected within the community and has the knowledge to get the GM team where it needs to go.Ā 

Ā 

Currently:Ā SL AdviorĀ |Ā  PD SGT 1A49|

Past : USMS AGT | EMS AEMT | SS EAD XC5 |Ā  FBI SSA KGB7 | HRT SPC SP1 | State SGT 1T47 | CERT SPC 1CT31 | DOC CO 1CO32 | USMS AGT 1F58 | SWAT SSGT XB18

Discord name:jaychavez

Steam Id:STEAM_0:0:457987346

+ Support

Hes been with the server duringĀ its rough times in recent months and has done nothing but trying his best to help the server out. He has the capabilities of returning the GM team to former self and better than it was before. Same time due to his other positions being SNR CMDR and an Admin shows that he can be trusted in this position for GMs

EX E11 Vice Commander |Ā 2x Ex Static Task Force D4 Head

EX Omi9Ā Colonel |Ā EX OM9 Experimental Head

EX ST Vice Commander | EX Storm Commando Lead

Ā 

+Support

Quite clearly knows his shit

Has good plans for GM, could potentially get the GM team as active and full as it was when I was here

Seems very helpful

Active, high playtime

Has plans to actively help and inspire GMs

Doesn't half arse things

Good app, covers all the stuff it needs to

Clearly very good at planning events and executing them as shown in the application

"The greatest comment that I've received is that regardless of rank or achievements, I still act the same as I did before. The only difference is that now I can change more things and do way more stuff. Which is exactly how I feel. As a grown man, I have other things that I could flex on, but it doesn't matter in this scenario. What does matter is having fun and creating fun in a productive way that doesn't ruin others' funĀ :)."

^^

Not mentioning any namesĀ  but this is the kind of people we need not just on the GM team but on the whole ass serverĀ šŸ‘€

Ā 

Ā 

Resigned ISB General Biggus Dickus

Resigned Seventh Sister Biggus Dickus

Resigned Purge COL Biggus Dickus FR01

Resigned GM X

14 hours ago, Biggus Diggus said:

+Support

Quite clearly knows his shit

Has good plans for GM, could potentially get the GM team as active and full as it was when I was here

Seems very helpful

Active, high playtime

Has plans to actively help and inspire GMs

Doesn't half arse things

Good app, covers all the stuff it needs to

Clearly very good at planning events and executing them as shown in the application

"The greatest comment that I've received is that regardless of rank or achievements, I still act the same as I did before. The only difference is that now I can change more things and do way more stuff. Which is exactly how I feel. As a grown man, I have other things that I could flex on, but it doesn't matter in this scenario. What does matter is having fun and creating fun in a productive way that doesn't ruin others' funĀ :)."

^^

Not mentioning any namesĀ  but this is the kind of people we need not just on the GM team but on the whole ass serverĀ šŸ‘€

Ā 

Ā 

I Agree šŸ˜„

Former:Ā Royal Guard Vice Sovereign ImperialRP Assist Head GamemasterĀ ImperialRP Senior AdminĀ Support Member

On 8/4/2023 at 5:52 AM, Frosty_ said:

+ Support

Ā 

spacer.png

Centurion Guard | Saber Guard Lead PrimusĀ | SeniorĀ Moderator

• 2 weeks later...

+Mega Support

Almost always on the server when I get on.

Answers any questions I have with GM whenever I have them.

Very dedicated member of the community overall and I 100% think he would be a great fit for this position!

Stormtrooper Vice CommanderĀ |Ā Senior ModeratorĀ | Game Master X

Former: Storm Commando Lead | Deathtrooper Sergeant Major

stormtroopers GIF by Star Wars

- š’¦š’¾š’·š’·š“š’¾š“Šš“ˆ -

• Head of Staff

ACCEPTED

Congratulations! Come speak to JMT/SMT in TeamSpeakĀ to receive AHGM training!

ImperialRP SMT | Head of StaffĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander