Mitch Robinson's False Warn- Accepted

Lowerguy

Your In-game: Lowerguy

The admin's name in-game: Mitch Robinson

The admin's steam name (If you know it): [GL] Jbane56

What warning did you receive: FearRP

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED): [AWarn] You have been warned by [GL] Jbane56: FearRP

Why do you think this warn was false: Had A Weapon Out, Dropped it, And Pulled It Out Because Someone Was Trying To Arrest Me

Any extra information:

USMS Chief Marshal Administrator | EMS Lieutenant |EMS Assistant Head FTO | FBI Special Agent In-Charge | FBI FTO Training Deputy Director | HRT Sergeant First Class | SWAT Private | DOC Sergeant CO | State Trooper | UMC Level 2 Mercenary

+Support

After further reading of the MOTD I realized I mixed together these two different points: 

*You are not obligated to surrender to kidnapping or mugging if your gun is out, on or off safety, and you are not outnumbered"
*Players, or groups of players, may not be put under FearRP unless they are outnumbered by the opposing group.

The first point was part of the mugging rules, and the second point was under FearRP rules. I apologize for warning you for FearRP, I was completely in the wrong, so I will give you a +support. I hope I did not impede your playing for the night. And I Hope you have a good rest of your night 🙂 

-Mitch Robinson

Edited by Jbane56
grammar

18 minutes ago, Jbane56 said:

+Support

After further reading of the MOTD I realized I mixed together these two different points: 

*You are not obligated to surrender to kidnapping or mugging if your gun is out, on or off safety, and you are not outnumbered"
*Players, or groups of players, may not be put under FearRP unless they are outnumbered by the opposing group.

The first point was part of the mugging rules, and the second point was under FearRP rules. I apologize for warning you for FearRP, I was completely in the wrong, so I will give you a +support. I hope I did not impede your playing for the night. And I Hope you have a good rest of your night 🙂 

-Mitch Robinson

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, State LT 1H11, SL Boss (Family Head)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

54 minutes ago, Jbane56 said:

+Support

-Mitch Robinson

9 hours ago, BruceyBoyo said:

For informational purposes, I believe this is a clip of the situation (anyone involved can confirm or correct that as needed):

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1k4aZYP51bB1qD/sZ5omJi7jncF?invite=cr-MSxrSTksMTkwNTY2MTYzLA

heyy how'd you get that

heres how i will respond

-SUPPORT

FearRP - Act as If you would in real life

Players must have a weapon OR taser out to put somebody under FearRp.

If Government has you under FearRP and goes to cuff you. (Puts gun away, pulls out cuffs and starts placing you in cuffs.) You may not attempt to harm or further evade that police officer. 

For Example: An officer has a suspect under FearRP and right when the officer pulls out cuffs to arrest the suspect, the suspect cannot pull out a gun or run away.

THIS EXACT SCENARIO IS DESCRIBED BY THE MOTD

"For Example: An officer has a suspect under FearRP and right when the officer pulls out cuffs to arrest the suspect, the suspect cannot pull out a gun or run away."

I was the officer, I put lowerguy the suspect under fearrp and then he pulled out a gun. This is plain as day, black and white, and smt will see that and deny this report.

9 hours ago, Jbane56 said:

+Support

-Mitch Robinson

further more, you are not in the wrong mitch, the motd shows him clearly in the wrong. same with all of you -supporting, maybe you didnt comprehend the rules entirely but some of you are staff and should know better.

PD SM    DF 1LT UMC LVL5 

O                                                  O 

(this is supposed to be a police car)        

15 minutes ago, indicud said:

heyy how'd you get that

heres how i will respond

-SUPPORT

FearRP - Act as If you would in real life

Players must have a weapon OR taser out to put somebody under FearRp.

If Government has you under FearRP and goes to cuff you. (Puts gun away, pulls out cuffs and starts placing you in cuffs.) You may not attempt to harm or further evade that police officer. 

For Example: An officer has a suspect under FearRP and right when the officer pulls out cuffs to arrest the suspect, the suspect cannot pull out a gun or run away.

THIS EXACT SCENARIO IS DESCRIBED BY THE MOTD

"For Example: An officer has a suspect under FearRP and right when the officer pulls out cuffs to arrest the suspect, the suspect cannot pull out a gun or run away."

I was the officer, I put lowerguy the suspect under fearrp and then he pulled out a gun. This is plain as day, black and white, and smt will see that and deny this report.

In the video, you never pulled out cuffs, and I am pretty sure criminal needs to be outnumbered by gov to be put under fearRP.

Edited by Antonio

Just now, Antonio said:

In the video, you never pulled out cuffs, and I am pretty sure you need more than two officers to put someone in fearp you need to be outnumbered by goverment.

1. exactly, there is still a gun pointed at him lol 

2. the rule states an officer an being a singular indefinite article. it has always been this way dont act like its a suprise that one officer can put one person under fearrp and arrest one person this is basic and has always been a common sense concept on the server

PD SM    DF 1LT UMC LVL5 

6 minutes ago, indicud said:

1. exactly, there is still a gun pointed at him lol 

2. the rule states an officer an being a singular indefinite article. it has always been this way dont act like its a suprise that one officer can put one person under fearrp and arrest one person this is basic and has always been a common sense concept on the server

Players, or groups of players, may not be put under FearRP unless they are outnumbered by the opposing group.

1 minute ago, Antonio said:

Players, or groups of players, may not be put under FearRP unless they are outnumbered by the opposing group.

this relates to crim 😄

PD SM    DF 1LT UMC LVL5 

19 minutes ago, Antonio said:

Not trying to be disrespectful but the rule in FearRP is "Act as if you would in real life" If someone has a gun pointed to you IRL are you gonna whip out a gun? No, and that doesn't matter that only means if there are more players near which lowerguy didn't have a family and Apis had a gun out first so Apis had Lowerguy under FearRP.
Warn is valid
- Support

Edited by Retro

Current: PD Sergeant Major | SRT SSGT | USMS Low Command CMA!|EMS PARA | PPD UDO 

Former: Purge SGM | Brawler(BDS) | Storm trooper LCPL | CI RCT | PoliceRP Senior Moderator | PoliceRP Event Team | USMS LTMAR(Best one frfr) | HRT SSC | 

-Support

When you are placed under FearRP under the proper circumstances, you should fear for your life and comply as best you can, such as during a mugging with a crim or when police draws a gun that points at you and you don't already have a weapon drawn to defend yourself. 

As can be seen, the officer clearly saw the suspect brandishing a gun, the suspect attempted to conceal the weapon, and the officer put the suspect under fearRP because there is an ongoing police inquiry. Given that he was initially placed under Fearrp, him pulling out and shooting in that manner is the very definition of breaking Fearrp, though it could in addition also be RDM. 

Overall from my perspective, the warn is rightfully given. 

+support

After reviewing the clip I have decided this is not a break of the MOTD, for everyone putting a minus support please guide your attention to this rule.

"The player(s) must be outnumbered when the encounter BEGINS. FearRP does not apply if others in a group arrive after a fight has begun".

For the people quoting the cuffing rule, please note that only applies if you already under fearrp, "If Government has you under FearRP and goes to cuff you.".

Police RP (retired): Staff | PD Major | SWAT MSGT | Blaze President

Imperial RP (retired): Naval Commodore | Staff & Gamemaster

Military RP (retired): USMC Captain | DI LT | kamikaze pilot

2 hours ago, indicud said:

this relates to crim 😄

This is for both gov and Crim, 

1 hour ago, k said:

-Support

When you are placed under FearRP under the proper circumstances, you should fear for your life and comply as best you can, such as during a mugging with a crim or when police draws a gun that points at you and you don't already have a weapon drawn to defend yourself. 

As can be seen, the officer clearly saw the suspect brandishing a gun, the suspect attempted to conceal the weapon, and the officer put the suspect under fearRP because there is an ongoing police inquiry. Given that he was initially placed under Fearrp, him pulling out and shooting in that manner is the very definition of breaking Fearrp, though it could in addition also be RDM. 

Overall from my perspective, the warn is rightfully given. 

This would only apply if he was being mugged or kidnapped.

12 hours ago, Jbane56 said:

+Support

-Mitch Robinson

People should really read the direct quotes from !motd before they argue about this being right or wrong. I also don't see why people are taking this to heart so much. Mitch admitted to his mistake after rereading the MOTD, I suggest everyone that's -supporting this to do the same.

Also the forums is not a place for blatant arguing, please keep this topic civil before the Diplomats have to lock this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Senior Moderator | Platinum Donator | PD CPL | EMS AEMT | SWAT Sharp Shooter | Blaze Firebrand Sergeant

Former: State Trooper First Class | CERT Private

7 minutes ago, GL Illusions said:

This is for both gov and Crim, 

This would only apply if he was being mugged or kidnapped.

People should really read the direct quotes from !motd before they argue about this being right or wrong. I also don't see why people are taking this to heart so much. Mitch admitted to his mistake after rereading the MOTD, I suggest everyone that's -supporting this to do the same.

Also the forums is not a place for blatant arguing, please keep this topic civil before the Diplomats have to lock this thread. 

FearRP is in ANY situation, the MOTD rule directly states "FearRP - Act as if you would in real life" which in any situation unless you have gang members near by which can outnumber the cop that pulls a gun on you before you can think about pulling a gun to get out of FearRP then you are under FearRP. Been the same rule for over 2 years(or more). MOTD Rules aren't clarified about this and should be.

Edited by Retro

Current: PD Sergeant Major | SRT SSGT | USMS Low Command CMA!|EMS PARA | PPD UDO 

Former: Purge SGM | Brawler(BDS) | Storm trooper LCPL | CI RCT | PoliceRP Senior Moderator | PoliceRP Event Team | USMS LTMAR(Best one frfr) | HRT SSC | 

2 minutes ago, Retro said:

FearRP is in ANY situation, the MOTD rule directly states "FearRP - Act as if you would in real life" which in any situation unless you have gang members near by which can outnumber the cop that pulls a gun on you before you can think about pulling a gun to get out of FearRP then you are under FearRP. Been the same rule for over 2 years(or more).

Please reread this direct quote from the MOTD

12 hours ago, Jbane56 said:

Meaning if it's just one officer, he doesn't have to submit. Also the clip shows him originally walking with another person, sooooo

Senior Moderator | Platinum Donator | PD CPL | EMS AEMT | SWAT Sharp Shooter | Blaze Firebrand Sergeant

19 minutes ago, GL Illusions said:

Also the clip shows him originally walking with another person, sooooo

he wasnt walking with another person, he was harassing that person and threatening them with a shot gun, following that person, that's why i approached and asked him to put his gun down and his hands up. aswell as the fact that guys name was not the same family name as lowerguys.

PD SM    DF 1LT UMC LVL5 

1 minute ago, indicud said:

he wasnt walking with another person, he was harassing that person and threatening them with a shot gun, following that person, that's why i approached and asked him to put his gun down and his hands up. aswell as the fact that guys name was not the same family name as lowerguys.

If that's the case, I apologize for that one bit, but either way;

28 minutes ago, GL Illusions said:

This still applies

22 hours ago, Mark001 said:

+support

After reviewing the clip I have decided this is not a break of the MOTD, for everyone putting a minus support please guide your attention to this rule.

"The player(s) must be outnumbered when the encounter BEGINS. FearRP does not apply if others in a group arrive after a fight has begun".

For the people quoting the cuffing rule, please note that only applies if you already under fearrp, "If Government has you under FearRP and goes to cuff you.".

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

• Sprink locked and unlocked this topic

Forum Diplomat Message

This post will be locked for the time being to prevent any more argumentative posts. SMT will review the appeal and make its decision when the time comes. 

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

• Sprink locked this topic