What is your in-game name?:
Jerimiah

What is your steam name?:
[GL] Sleeping Giant

What is your steam ID?:
STEAM_0:1:57344898

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): 
sleepinggiant190

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain)

What date did you start playing on the community?: 
5 months ago | 141 days ago

What date did you make your forums account? 
April 4 2023

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?
0  https://tools.gaminglight.com/profile/76561198074955525

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc)
Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community?
No

Have you read the staff handbook?
Yes

Timezone:
GMT / BST

What rank are you applying for?

Admin

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I deserve the rank of admin due to the time and effort I have put into making the server a better place for all users. Be it my time in command positions in branches or my time on the staff team totalling around 3 months now. As well as this I am a senior member of the event team and just wish to create an environment where people can enjoy themselves. I believe being an admin would go a step further in fulfilling this goal.

As well as this I am almost constantly one of the people who completes the most amounts of sits per week. Totalling now close to 1000 (I assume, due to the staff page is bugged) I believe that this alone shows my dedication to the server and the staff team in specific.

Finally given that I am in GMT/BST I would be one of the few non-American admins that play during the daytime (my time zone) meaning that I would be able to handle sits that moderators/ senior moderators cannot during these times. Meaning people would have lower waiting times when requiring help during off hours.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are assessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

Firstly I would politely ask the individual to stop with the profanity as there's no real need for it as well as inform them if they go any further it'll be a warn for staff disrespect. If they do continue I would mute/ gag them, give them the warn and continue with the sit. After this I would gather all the available evidence, admin logs, user clips, etc. and if they all lead me to believe that they have indeed been MRDMing I would inform them that they will be getting another formal warning for MRDM and a 5 day ban from the server as it's not right for other players to have their enjoyment spoilt due to his behaviour. 

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

I would ask for any available evidence of what has been reported. If there is a reasonable amount of evidence showing he knew he was abusing a bug I would warn & ban him for exploitation. However if there wasn't enough/ any evidence I would then end the sit and proceed to spectate the user to keep an eye on what they're doing. If they then exploit/ use the bug again I would pull them into a sit again and proceed to warn & ban him.

Former Epsilon-11 Lieutenant Colonel & HFTO | Omega-1 Lieutenant Commander

+Support

-Seems to be trusted

-App is good overall

Notes:

Q1:  Better thing to do would be to warn & ban when you have come to your conclusion. Since giving multiple warnings for 1 sit is a bit of a waste.

Edited by Giga

On 7/13/2023 at 8:13 AM, shaft said:

+Support

-Very committed and experienced member of staff

-Solid application and good responses to the scenarios

-Clean track record, can clearly be trusted

couldnt say it better

E11 1LT CI 2LT

Former: E11 CPT | SEC 1LTO-1 CPT 'Conquest' 

On 7/13/2023 at 1:13 PM, shaft said:

+Support

-Very committed and experienced member of staff

-Solid application and good responses to the scenarios

-Clean track record, can clearly be trusted

MTF E-11 DoRCU 2LT Trout

MTF O-1 CPL Calypso

Retired Maintenance Command

Denied

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept your promotion application. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT