Ellipsis's Forum Diplomat Application

Ellipsis

In-Game Name:

• Ellipsis

Steam Name:

• [GL] Ellipsis

SteamID: 

• STEAM_0:0:138182274

What is your staff rank and the server you work in?

• SCP-RP Senior Admin

How long have you been apart of the Gaminglight community?

• I first joined October 2020 which is also when I created my forums account, I came back after a while in October 2022 and have been playing the community every day since.

How long have you been a staff member on Gaminglight?

• I became a Trial Moderator on 11/13/2022 so just over 7 months.

How often are you online on the forums?

• I visit the forums multiple times a day to check for any staff related or application relating things come up and often times I look through all new posts as most of the time they can be interesting.

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat?

• I am willing and able to take any and all forums reports that may come up and do so with haste while maintaining a sense of professionalism. I have been a part of this community and more importantly the staff team for a while now and really enjoy it but have always wanted to expand my experience to include forums moderation as I am a person who loves to learn but more importantly I love to help communities I care for ensure that the rules laid out are followed and enforced so with this determination I believe that I can be an asset to the Forum Diplomat team. 

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision?

• Through the use of common sense and my experience in the Gaming light staff team I believe that I have developed a great sense of judgement and what to do when. A situation that came up recently would be when a friend of mine abused his event team powers and although he was one of my friends I did not let bias of any sort get in the way and collected evidence and sent it off to the event team leader. 

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers?

• First of all I would collect all relevant evidence to use when punishing this user. I would then take the action required such as banning them or another punishment that fits what they are doing. After which I would look through their post history and remove all of the spam topics and clear up after them. Lastly I would send them a message explaining why they got punished and how they could appeal it.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal?

• Firstly I would leave a message telling the user to stop arguing or take it of the forums otherwise punishments will be handed out. If they continue I would restrict their abilities to post on it and leave it for the relevant SMT to review the situation correctly.

Current: Senior Admin | Forums Diplomat | Alpha-1 COL | Senior Event Team | Tea Enthusiast 

Former: Delta-5 LTCOL / HRO / G9 | O-1 LTCMDR

+Support
Wonderful Application!
Good Forums Activity!
Senior Event Team Shows That They Can Be Trusted!

| Super Admin | Senior Forums Diplomat Support Advisor |
| Chaos Insurgency Staff Sergeant | Epsilon-11 Warrant Officer | 
CC Owned: | 47th Clan | Talon | Darth Jar Jar | Banshee Squadron | Door Technicians | CI Banshee Unit

On 6/16/2023 at 2:13 AM, Rivian Galaxy said:

+Support
Wonderful Application!
Good Forums Activity!
Senior Event Team Shows That They Can Be Trusted!

Current: |{Clan} U.I.U Junor Agent|Lead Researcher| 

Former/Retired: Research Assistant Manager-SCP-RP: Senior Moderator 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Head of Staff

Accepted!
Please see Kiwi for your training

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

• Frog locked this topic